What did you Mix today?

Looks good @moonunit although I have First Rule x5 so I can't mix it or will have to sub heavily. I am, however, enjoying your Peppermint Crisp Tart. Good job with that one!

First Rule is becoming increasingly problematic with all the new lines coming out. I have enough concentrates now, getting more will just lead to greater spoilage as I can't use them up quickly enough. So I'm limiting myself to the big five of FA, TFA, Cap, FW and Inw. For the other lines, I'll just get the odd standouts in the range. Like for DIYFS, there is no reason to get anything other than Holy Vanilla and Holy RY4. And even Holy RY4 isn't necessary. I was chatting to a recipe developer who used it recently and he said to just use TFA, it's much the same. Come to think of it, even Holy Vanilla isn't necessary. I've subbed with Shisha Vanilla in some recipes and the results have been great.

As I use up concentrates, I may replace with another brand. For eg, once my FA Cinnamon Ceylon is finished, I'll replace with Flv Rich Cinnamon. That will allow me to refine my flavour stash without adding greatly to the number of concentrates I have. Everybody is raving about the Flv tobaccos but I don't vape tobaccos all that often and I already have around 15 FA and Inw tobaccos which are barely used after a year. So getting more is just crazy at this point.

It also means I'm subbing more. If it's not the same, it's not the same. It's vapour, a bottle vanishes into thin air after a few days. If it isn't precisely 100% spot-on exactly what the recipe developer created, I'm sure I'll survive. If I eat a steak, it doesn't kill me that it's not exactly how Gordon Ramsay prepares it.

Working on a Toblerone type thing using @Andre Andre's Mate as a base, without the mint and menthol.
Off the bat it doesnt taste too bad but I will let it sit for a few days before I make up my mind.
Yup believe it or not I have learnt to let things steep:eek:

Another Blueberry Glazed Doughnut @RichJB mentioned this last night, was missing the FA wOw but SlashaLO said I could drop it out.
Blue Bird Remix Blueberry cheesecake with a cereal crust sounded interesting. It's been long enough since that Wahoo mix that I think I can stand TFA Berry Crunch again
Blue Donut Holes Had the ingredients out already and wanted to taste the profile with the Wild/Bilberry combo from Rage's BB Creamcake which I've been enjoying.
Peek in Pie Peacan Pie is another nostalgic flavor for me and it popped up in my "what can I mix" list on ATF
Dunkaroos Mixed it up with INW Shisha Vanilla subbed for the Holy Vanilla as per @RichJB and @Rude Rudi

Also made up a larger bottle of Rhodonite as I've kieshed my 30ml tester.

Ahhh...Dankaroos is absolute biscuit heaven. I, by accident, topped up my RDTA for me road trip with Dunkaroos in the tank which contained God Milk. The combo was surprisingly good! A cinnamon strawberry cookie! Yum!

I was away for more than a week but had a fruitful session this afternoon - too much fomo!

Forest Blaster - a delicious berry vape...'nuff said
Lushice - a restock of this simple chilled PUR Watermelon
The Real: Strawberry Cheesecake - subbed the base with PUR - fantastic!
Pecan Tart - I've been after a good Pecan pie for a while - I hope this one does the trick...
Creme de Orange - a restock of one of my top 3 juices. I sub the Cap vanilla custard with 2.5 INW custard (which steeps in 3 days!)
Brown Butter Ice Cream - heard very good things about this and the original below
BBIC Brown Butta ice cream - saw this on DoD live mixing and could not wait to get home to mix this baby up!
Mama J's Game Over Custard - believed to be (one of) the best custard recipes around - a bit of a departure from the regular custard recipes.

Last edited:
I have my first three mixes busy steeping at the moment. The wait is already killing me and it has not even been a week yet.
My first batch was an attempt at a blvk unidew clone, so a strawberry and honeydew melon mix. I tried it out as a shake and vape, decided to steep it after as I was not too sure on the flavour just yet.

The second one is a strawberry cheesecake milkshake, smells amazing so far, but have not tried it at all, this has been steeping for 5 days so far.
And my third mix is a strawberry custard sugar cookie (the mrs choose the flavours for this, so it is more her mix than mine), this has only been steeping for a day now.

All of them went though the magnetic mixer at 70 degrees for 4 hours. I suppose now it is more of a wait and see.

I've been enjoying Cereally Easy Loops and Simple Sugar Cookie (<- all credits go to these guys!)
I thought they would work quite well together so I made this:

MLC (My Lemon Cookie)
--------------------------------
4% Sugar Cookie v2 (CAP)
2% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)
2% Bavarian Cream (TFA)
2% Fruit Rings (FW)

Gonna give this one 2 weeks in the cupboard :)

You won't go wrong with skiddlz and ID10-T's stuff. I want to mix up something with ID10-T's Daveberry trinity:
2% FA Red Touch Strawberry
3% Inw Shisha Strawberry
1.5% JF Sweet Strawberry

That apparently is the bomb strawb combo. I like several strawb combos but have never found *the one* for me.

You won't go wrong with skiddlz and ID10-T's stuff. I want to mix up something with ID10-T's Daveberry trinity:
2% FA Red Touch Strawberry
3% Inw Shisha Strawberry
1.5% JF Sweet Strawberry

That apparently is the bomb strawb combo. I like several strawb combos but have never found *the one* for me.
Oh this sounds interesting. I'd be interested in hearing your feedback when you give it a try :)

I'm on a bit of an apple kick atm. Some months back I restocked FA Fuji and realised this week that I still haven't finished the first bottle, let alone started the second. So after a bit of ATF digging, I came up with:
Strapple Crisp, subbing the JF Fuji with FA.
Applescotch an apple butterscotch 'dirtied' by RY4 Double and Soho.
Jack My Strap-on, hashslingingslashur's adaption of ID10-T's classic Strap-on but with TFA Jackfruit added.
Horchapple, an apple horchata mix.

I'd like to preface this post with an apology, because I never really followed proper etiquette when initially copying some recipes off the net (before I had even found this forum) and so for some of the mixes below, I can't remember exactly where I got the initial recipe from, and so can't give credit to the original mixers. I had a word doc with a bunch of ingredients and no recipe names or authors dumped in there. :oops:

I hope if some of you more experienced mixers know what the source recipe was, you will be prepared to help me link those back into this post.

Again, my apologies...and going forward I now know what is needed.

So.... a little background into my DIY (and vaping journey in general) to date.

I initially purchased a Eleaf Pico with a Melo III tank as a kit and it's the only device I have used since my last stinkie on the 9th Jan this year. I know that I have been missing out on flavor opportunity, but I had come into vaping with a clear mindset to NOT get sucked into the whole hardware side of things. I just wanted to stop smoking, with a decent taste at a decent price. The Pico has done that for me, till now, but more on that later.

I started trying out commercial juices and whilst there were some successes, there were a lot I didn't like and I quickly realized that it would be cheaper to DIY, even with some of the wastage one initially goes through with choosing random flavors that hardly get used, or making recipes that are just yuk.

I stared at 6mg, quickly dropped to 3mg and then started my own mixing at 3mg and in the last month or so have gone down to 2,5mg. I have been using Prime Nic 36mg nicotine and have not had any funny tastes or other issues. Mix by weight and am growing my list of flavors each month, with about 50 in stock so far.

My absolute favorite commercial juice (that I had tried anyway) was Milklab's Hakkaberry https://www.sirvape.co.za/collections/milk-lab/products/hakaberry and so as my own little project, I am trying to remix it myself - maybe one day if I ever get close, I'll share my take on the remix - but I have a long way to go and a lot to learn, so I shall save myself the embarrassment for now LOL.

I obviously stumbled across DIY or DIE on Youtube and have learnt a lot from Wayne. I've learnt a lot too from the regular contributors in this sub-forum too like @RichJB , @Rude Rudi , @Andre , @aktorsyl to name a few (I am sure I am missing out some, no offence) and am really enjoying the whole process so far. I like being able to better tweak things to your liking and the cost saving is obviously significant too.

In alphabetical order I have mixed up the following:

Somewhere in one of Wayne's DIY or DIE Youtube videos he mentioned
FW Apple Green @12%
Sucralose 2% (I used TFA Sweetener instead at the same %)
I tried it, and it reminded me of one of those Apple Flavored Fizz Pops (minus the sherbert inside), but it also seemed a bit harsh and too sweet.

I then remixed it
Apple Green FW @12%
Sweetener TFA 0.5%
Dairy Milk TFA 0.6%
Marshmallow TFA 1,4%
This seemed less harsh and although not quite as much like an Apple Fizzpop anymore, it was 'better' for me.

I then came to learn that FW Apple Green has a fair amount of sugar in it, and so if I remix this again, I think I will probably reduce its % to something even lower.

One day my niece was with me and happened to be smelling my very limited collection of flavours and suggested a berry and vanilla juice. This is what I came up with.

Berrynilla 60/40 3mg steep 7 days
French Vanilla Deluxe TFA 4%
Berrymix TFA 3%
Blueberry Wild TFA 1%
Vanilla Swirl TFA 1%

Carnage 60/40 3mg steep 7 days
I took inspiration from this recipe http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1575035/ANML CARNAGE (95% Accurate!)
Apple Green FW @1%
Red Licorice TFA 2% <--- it's what I had in stock and seems like it would be too strong at 5%
Sweet Strawberry CAP 2% <-- I have no idea why I never mixed this at the 4% in the original mix - in hindsight I should have LOL
Sweetener TFA 0,5%
I quite like it but even at 2% the red licorice is overpowering everything else in my opinion. If/when I remix this again I'll probably try it at 0,25% or 0,5% and build up from there if necessary,

Custard Fcuk (that was the name it had on the net, I swear) steep 21 days
Bavarian Cream TFA 3%
Cream Fresh FA 0,5%
Dragon Fruit TFA 2%
Marshmallow FA 2%
Vanilla Custard CAP v1 5%
It's just finished a 3 week steep and I haven't tasted it as yet.

I don't recall where I came across this one, but think it was in a flavour note in reddit maybe?
Mixing Kiwi Double with Toasted Marshmallow for a 'Unique but nice' taste.

I had no clue what % to mix so tried to make some Kiwimallow 60/40 3mg steep 7 days
Kiwi Double TFA 4.5%
Toasted Marshmallow TFA 3%
I tasted it after 3 days and think there is too much toasted marshmallow. I haven't tried it again. But will at some point.

Then I tried my own concoction trying to get use the red licorice I had in stock so came up with Licorice Clouds 60/40 3mg steep 7 days
Berry Mix TFA 3%
Red Licorice TFA 2%
Marshmallow TFA 0.75%

Another of my concoctions trying to get a nice Lychee vape so I called this Lychee Punch, cos I didn't know what else to call it. I have since come across Cactus INW which I believe adds the wetness that a drink should have, so I will be remixing this soon to incorporate this flavor
Lychee Punch 60/40 3mg steep 7 days
Lychee TFA 10%
Kiwi Double TFA 3%
Tanger Mandarin FA 1%
Orange Concentrate FA 0.6%
Sweetener TFA 1%
It's ok but I get a strong throat hit. I suspect it is the Mandarin?

Then I mixed up a Mango Cream 60/40 3mg steep 7 days
Sweet Mango CAP 2%
Cream Fresh FA 1.5%
Vanilla Swirl TFA 1.5%
Orange Concentrate FA 0.2%
Tanger Mandarin 0.1%
It's quite nice but I think the Sweet Mango is probably too high a percentage and I subsequently came across some notes on reddit (I think) stating how the CAP version is very overripe, which I would agree with. The Mango flavor needs to be rounded out somehow, but I still need to figure that out.

Mint White Chocolate 60/40 3mg steep 7 days
White Chocolate FW 4%
Peppermint CAP 2%
Marshmallow FA 1%
Sweetener TFA 1,5%
I really like this but I am sure it could be improved upon.

Pear and Caramel Pie 60/40 3mg steep 28 days
Banana FA 0.5%
Biscuit INW 1%
Brown Sugar TFA 0.5%
Caramel TFA 1.5%
Cheesecake (Graham Crust) TFA 3%
Cream Fresh FA 2%
Pear Candy TFA 4% <---- this was a definite sub - I think the original recipe called for FA Pear?
This stuff is super yummy - I really hope I can remember who had the original recipe because they deserve some credit for it

Sugar Cookie 60/40 3mg steep 21 days
Sugar Cookie CAP v2 4%
Vanilla Custard CAP v1 8%
Nom nom nom...

Sword Of Truth 60/40 3mg steep (7 +7) days
Banana Cream TFA 0,35%
Coconut Xtra TFA 1% <---- um. no....just don't.....its far too overpowering... the next mix will need a drastic reduction in this %
Honeydew II TFA 1%
Orange Cream TFA 0.3%
Strawberries and Cream TFA 0.5%
Strawberry Ripe TFA 4%
Sweet Cream TFA 0.5%
Toasted Marshmallow TFA 0.5%
Vanilla Custard CAP v2 1.2%
Vanilla Swirl TFA 0.5%

You are supposed to mix everything except the Strawberry Ripe and Honeydew and let it steep for a week, then add those last 2 ingredients and let it steep for another week, which I did. Its has potential but the Coconut is killing it.

So at the moment I have enough e-liquid in stock to keep me going and have definitely found a few out of the above that I see developing into ADV's for me. My real issue at the moment though is it is time to upgrade the hardware. Its just not practical trying to DIY with my current hardware set up.

I need something more conducive to efficient and effective flavour testing - I guess a dripper of sorts, but as mentioned already, I know diddly squat about the hardware side of things. I will put a post up in the relevant section on the forum looking for some guidance in this regard.

So that's my bit and again, sorry for not being able to link back to the original recipes.... won't happen again.

Thanks for sharing @Lawrence A - very interesting to read. I will start along this journey in October once I have collected my orders in SA. Good to note that I should keep track of the recipe source - I have been doing the same with the once that I have collected so far to try. Better go back and start looking to reference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sword of Truth is, I think, a BotBoy recipe.

The Kiwi and Marshmallow one seems to be an adaptation of coop34's Kiwi Bourbon. He realised that Toasted Marshmallow works really well with TFA Kentucky Bourbon and with Kiwifruit flavours. So he just put all three together.

The Sugar Cookie is ID10-T's.

Thanks for the share @Lawrence A nice read.
I am more of a tobacco fan so cant comment too much on your list but will mention White Mate by @Andre if you are looking to replace that minty white chocolate recipe.
That and Andres Mate are probably the only two juices that break my tobacco routine.

20170827_173733.jpg
Ok... So my mixing for this month is done! I think it's enough for now... :-D

My list for this month...

Apple Buttah - A first time for me... A Cinnamon Apple Butter... Will give feedback once I've tried it...
Banana Moon Pie - I absolutely love this banana vape and had to make it again!
Blapplebean Ice Cream - Another first try... A blueberry apple ice cream... who knows?
Boosted - I love this one! Regularly make it... A strawberry cheesecake type flavour...
Butter Pecan Custard - Also one of my favourites and regularly in rotation...
Cannoli - Also a first try... I cannot remember where I found this recipe... so here it is...
CAP New York Cheesecake 1.50%
CAP Sugar Cookie 4.00%
INW Biscuit 0.75%
TFA Bavarian Cream 2.50%
TFA Meringue 0.75%
TFA Vanilla Custard 2.00%
Custard Doughnut - Another first try... So let's see after a while...
Eye of the Tiger - A frosted flakes cereal vape that I love...
God Milk - Because it's an awesome strawberry milk...
Goolberry Cheesecake - Also a first try and also can't remember where I got the recipe from...
CAP French Vanilla 1.00%
CAP New York Cheesecake 9.00%
FA Billberry 1.50%
TFA Bavarian Cream 1.50%
TFA Blueberry Wild 7.00%
TFA Graham Cracker Clear 2.50%
Jedi - Another first try... It's also a Butter Pecan Custard variation...
Kreed's Kustard - Also a first try... apparently it's good?
Monkey Snackz - Another first try... and because I love banana and peanut butter vapes...
Nutterz - It's KZOR's recipe... and I make it regulary... I absolutely love it!
Peanut Brittle - Also a first... I think I found the recipe here on the forum some time ago... but can't remember who posted it...
CAP Vanilla Custard V1 2.00%
FA Marshmallow 2.00%
TFA Caramel (Original) 2.00%
TFA Dulche de Leche 1.50%
TFA Graham Cracker Clear 2.00%
TFA Peanut Butter 6.00%
The Best Strawberry Ice Cream - I also haven't made this before... and also can't remember where I got the recipe from...
TFA Strawberry 3.00%
TFA Strawberry (Ripe) 8.00%
TFA Sweet Cream 1.00%
TFA Sweetener 0.50%
TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 7.00%
Vampire Blood - A very nice Strawberry Kiwi
Jungle Cookies - I made @moonunit Jungle Cookies again... the old recipe though and not the revamped one... I love this juice!

And then together with the ones I made above, I also made 3 of Wayne Walker's One Shots that I bought at VapeCon yesterday...
Rose Milk
Rosky Milk
Triple C's

Very keen to try out all the new ones I made this time around...

Thanks for the Blapplebean Ice Cream recipe, @Tanja, I'm keen to try that one. The cannoli is Goldfish's, although he uses FA Meringue and Cap VC1 instead of the TFA variants.

Thanks for the Blapplebean Ice Cream recipe, @Tanja, I'm keen to try that one. The cannoli is Goldfish's, although he uses FA Meringue and Cap VC1 instead of the TFA variants.
I hope it's good though... hahahaha... Will see in a couple of weeks...

I have it steeping as well. I usually make tranceinate's Simply Cannoli but tried Goldfish's for a change of pace.

I have it steeping as well. I usually make tranceinate's Simply Cannoli but tried Goldfish's for a change of pace.
It's the first Cannoli I am trying now... so let's see...

View attachment 105577
Ok... So my mixing for this month is done! I think it's enough for now... :-D

My list for this month...

Apple Buttah - A first time for me... A Cinnamon Apple Butter... Will give feedback once I've tried it...
Banana Moon Pie - I absolutely love this banana vape and had to make it again!
Blapplebean Ice Cream - Another first try... A blueberry apple ice cream... who knows?
Boosted - I love this one! Regularly make it... A strawberry cheesecake type flavour...
Butter Pecan Custard - Also one of my favourites and regularly in rotation...
Cannoli - Also a first try... I cannot remember where I found this recipe... so here it is...
CAP New York Cheesecake 1.50%
CAP Sugar Cookie 4.00%
INW Biscuit 0.75%
TFA Bavarian Cream 2.50%
TFA Meringue 0.75%
TFA Vanilla Custard 2.00%
Custard Doughnut - Another first try... So let's see after a while...
Eye of the Tiger - A frosted flakes cereal vape that I love...
God Milk - Because it's an awesome strawberry milk...
Goolberry Cheesecake - Also a first try and also can't remember where I got the recipe from...
CAP French Vanilla 1.00%
CAP New York Cheesecake 9.00%
FA Billberry 1.50%
TFA Bavarian Cream 1.50%
TFA Blueberry Wild 7.00%
TFA Graham Cracker Clear 2.50%
Jedi - Another first try... It's also a Butter Pecan Custard variation...
Kreed's Kustard - Also a first try... apparently it's good?
Monkey Snackz - Another first try... and because I love banana and peanut butter vapes...
Nutterz - It's KZOR's recipe... and I make it regulary... I absolutely love it!
Peanut Brittle - Also a first... I think I found the recipe here on the forum some time ago... but can't remember who posted it...
CAP Vanilla Custard V1 2.00%
FA Marshmallow 2.00%
TFA Caramel (Original) 2.00%
TFA Dulche de Leche 1.50%
TFA Graham Cracker Clear 2.00%
TFA Peanut Butter 6.00%
The Best Strawberry Ice Cream - I also haven't made this before... and also can't remember where I got the recipe from...
TFA Strawberry 3.00%
TFA Strawberry (Ripe) 8.00%
TFA Sweet Cream 1.00%
TFA Sweetener 0.50%
TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 7.00%
Vampire Blood - A very nice Strawberry Kiwi
Jungle Cookies - I made @moonunit Jungle Cookies again... the old recipe though and not the revamped one... I love this juice!

And then together with the ones I made above, I also made 3 of Wayne Walker's One Shots that I bought at VapeCon yesterday...
Rose Milk
Rosky Milk
Triple C's

Very keen to try out all the new ones I made this time around...
That is a very serious Sunday mixing session! I'm impressed :)
I'm also inspired and as a result my list of concentrates for the next order just keeps growing.

"get into DIY" they said "its cheaper" they said
... here's me shoveling money into the abyss :p
I joke. As with most other things, curiosity gets the better of me :)

That is a very serious Sunday mixing session! I'm impressed :)
I'm also inspired and as a result my list of concentrates for the next order just keeps growing.

"get into DIY" they said "its cheaper" they said
... here's me shoveling money into the abyss :p
I joke. As with most other things, curiosity gets the better of me :)
Hahahahaha... that's my problem as well... I want to try them all!
Except for menthol and tobacco! :--P

Somehow I just can't even get myself to consider tobacco vapes.
Menthol's on the other hand I'm always up for!

I'm not quite as "bad" as you yet but the bug is definitely biting! :p

Fantastic mixing session!

Wait, the 'chilled' bug will bite! I despised menthol as a smoker and made no menthol type juices when I started to DIY. Perhaps the word 'menthol' is the problem, rightly so. I prefer the term 'chilled' as I use no menthol in my recipes but rather WS23, Polar Blast, Cool Mint, Creme de Menthe, Extreme Ice, etc. These will add a coolness without the Vicks Vaporub menthol taste.

Fruits work wonderfully well with these 'cooling' flavours and they are excellent palate cleansers and gives you a break from the heavy bakeries and creams. Chilled litchi (my favorite), Chilled apple, Chilled grape, etc. are all simple 2 or 3 ingredient mixes and can be pimped up with a dash of FA Cream...

As for tobacco, this comes with time - more than chilled - and is a different cattle of fish - you either like them or you don't. I have all the tobacco concentrates and slowly introducing them in my daily rotation. Give it a go with a solid RY4 recipe and if you like it, take it from there.

Above all - experiment, have fun, dump juice you don't like and find your sweet spot...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After picking up some crazy cheap (100ml TFA @ R140) concentrates at Vapecon I decided its time to try some new recipes...

I've had God Milk bookmarked for a while
I came across Easy Blueberry Custard yesterday after trying to figure out what I could make with TFA Vanilla Custard
@Tanja recommended Vampire Blood and Mother's Unicorn Milk

All mixed up and ready to steep:
oUaNlzY.jpg

Sweet Strawberry (CC) at the recommended 3% on the bottle. Testing out a Vapecon freebie
Doug's Awesome Awesome Sauce. Just Doug's Awesome Sauce with 1% Koolada (TFA)
Vnq1O7E.jpg

Back