What did you Mix today?

Yeah its definitely a strong one, But still one of my favorites!! Its actually been a while since I mixed a batch up but was vaping it as my ADV for about 4 months. Definitely not for everyone, I think I offended @craigb when he sampled Sucker Punch :rofl::rofl::rofl: Not for everyone
Dragon Fruit is definitely not my vibe... but my flavour preferences have shifted so much since then - mebbe I should give it another chance sometime.

Offended me - damn near impossible thing to do... but that Sucker Punch damn near killed me :risas3:

It's on old recipe from 2014 when most people were super-ohming at 10-14W. I haven't seen any recipe in the past two years that uses Dragonfruit (or any other flavour) at 14%. ID10-T's Mother of Dragons' Milk, which is also a fruity cream using TFA Dragonfruit, Bav and Swirl, uses it at 7%. And even that is nearly two years old by now. If Dave had to tackle the profile again, I suspect he'd drop it even further.

That said, taste is subjective and if it works for you as is, that is all that matters.

Completely a bit of my own opinion but I believe the South African palate is not really suited to dragon fruit. To us its its a very exotic fruit that you might find on the odd ocasion at the fresh produce section. Where as in the USA its common in the market. So most of us don't really know it.
Add to that some Game of Throne fanboys and almost every second recipe is a dragon fruit recipe when its GOT season.

Similar is guava. A lot of the overseas guys don't really know it where we get it often in the markets and in fruit juices. Thats why we love playing with guava recipes but its not that common in the international recipe sites.

Myself use Dragonfruit for a background binding flavour. Mostly at 1%. Anything close to 5% is just too much.

And, of course, Rule #0 should have its own DIY coat of arms inscribed with De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum.
I like, now for the unlearned id10t 's like me, what the heck does that mean? :confused: My Latin extends only to "caveat subscriptor", I only went to Sunday school:D

Will it make a big difference if I make the mint 1% less and increase the chocolate to 2%?

Not really because if you make 500ml, the flavour will mellow out over time - mine became less minty after 2 or 3 weeks, which is why I made a stronger batch. The choc is very strong as it is. It's like smelling chocolate brownies.

I Have been mixing but nothing worth posting. I have however cleared my DIY stash of old and unused concentrates.
Dumped this tonight:

IMG_0732[1].JPG

Painful but necessary.

Regards

Not really because if you make 500ml, the flavour will mellow out over time - mine became less minty after 2 or 3 weeks, which is why I made a stronger batch. The choc is very strong as it is. It's like smelling chocolate brownies.

@Braki let me retract that. Try at a % or 2 down, once the flavour becomes muted then add more to taste .

Ok, will keep it as is and let it sit in the dark corner of the cupboard. Looking forward to this one :)

No idea, have never tried anything outside Capella. If it's a strong chocolate to your preference, give it a try.

What rule? What did I miss? :p

Rule 1: You will miss at least one concentrate used in the recipe that you want to mix

Any of the other experienced mixers want to comment on the substitute?

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Haven't been posting, but made a crap load of mixes. i came to a realisation that i probably messed my tastebuds up proper, by 19 years of smoking.
Have quit ciggies on 25 jan 2018, but still cant taste subtle/background note every one comments on. Cant handle creams coz they kinda taste like its passed its sell by date.
Not for me:
CreamyBananas
AtmoseChifles
Terrorbird
snakeblood
sucker punch clone
6% tigers blood
Strawberry fog
Bombies nana cream
(all above can be found on e-liquid-recipes.com )
misty by Eyawreklaw
What i really really enjoy:
Fantastic......... A Fantasia Remix by Dazcole
Cuprain Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream(revised) by ENYAWREKLAW]
Golden Ticket Remix by enyawreklaw
CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKES by ENYAWREKLAW

Oh and i made Andres mate, its a clone of bowdens mate, 30 days steep, is killing me!! Hope it turns out decent.

Back