What did you Mix today?

I'll probably mix another 100ml of Waternana tonight. It's fast on it's way to becoming my ADV.
It's a Watermelon & Banana mix. Sounds horrible, I know - but you don't really taste the banana, it just gives the watermelon a bit of a creamy texture.

I'll probably mix another 100ml of Waternana tonight. It's fast on it's way to becoming my ADV.
It's a Watermelon & Banana mix. Sounds horrible, I know - but you don't really taste the banana, it just gives the watermelon a bit of a creamy texture.
I have been doing a similar thing with watermelon, banana and bubblegum. Its awesome.

@
I have been doing a similar thing with watermelon, banana and bubblegum. Its awesome.
@aktorsyl minding sharing recipe?

@@aktorsyl minding sharing recipe?
Of course. FA Banana 1%, TFA Watermelon 3%. That's literally it :p
I don't take credit for coming up with that combination, I found it somewhere - honestly can't remember where. Might even have been in this forum somewhere? Either way, full props to the inventor of this winning combo.

Also a very cheap one to make. About R40 per 100ml (and that's including the nicotine, which I add at 3.5mg)

@@aktorsyl minding sharing recipe?
Its not perfect (Not really 'share' ready, but if you are looking to tinker), here is where I am so far:

30/70 PG/VG
10% Watermelon [DV]
3% Bubblegum [NV]
2% Ripe Banana [DV]
3mg Nicotine

Edit: [DV] = Designer Vapes (from Pirates Grog)

Of course. FA Banana 1%, TFA Watermelon 3%. That's literally it :p
I don't take credit for coming up with that combination, I found it somewhere - honestly can't remember where. Might even have been in this forum somewhere? Either way, full props to the inventor of this winning combo.

Also a very cheap one to make. About R40 per 100ml (and that's including the nicotine, which I add at 3.5mg)
Wowza, mine costs about R21 per 30ml... after seeing the minimalist approach you are taking, I reckon I am going to need to start tinkering with the "cutting back" approach, I may be a little heavy handed :p

Wowza, mine costs about R21 per 30ml... after seeing the minimalist approach you are taking, I reckon I am going to need to start tinkering with the "cutting back" approach, I may be a little heavy handed :p
I was surprised myself - I expected it to be very muted, but it's not at all. Quite vibrant actually. Having said that, it's easier to go lower on concentrates when you're using fewer of them. That way they don't have to balance each other out (because that's how the percentages keep climbing, trying to maintain the balances).

That is my lowest total flavour percentage recipe though, I usually camp in the 12-16% total flavouring region.

I was surprised myself - I expected it to be very muted, but it's not at all. Quite vibrant actually. Having said that, it's easier to go lower on concentrates when you're using fewer of them. That way they don't have to balance each other out (because that's how the percentages keep climbing, trying to maintain the balances).

That is my lowest total flavour percentage recipe though, I usually camp in the 12-16% total flavouring region.
Thats fair, I rarely try concoct anything with less than 3 concentrates (character flaw) - but also try keep it at 15%. I have had a case of vapors tongue for the last few days, so may be overcompensating. The previous mix I had, I could taste a hint of the bubblegum/banana, but wasnt getting enough watermelon, which is still the case with this ratio. I have been playing with essential oils though, so I may have mutilated my tastebuds on that front. I am going to make a batch of your mix, wait a few days and give it a whirl... it will be fantastic if it works for me, cheap ADV.

Thats fair, I rarely try concoct anything with less than 3 concentrates (character flaw) - but also try keep it at 15%. I have had a case of vapors tongue for the last few days, so may be overcompensating. The previous mix I had, I could taste a hint of the bubblegum/banana, but wasnt getting enough watermelon, which is still the case with this ratio. I have been playing with essential oils though, so I may have mutilated my tastebuds on that front. I am going to make a batch of your mix, wait a few days and give it a whirl... it will be fantastic if it works for me, cheap ADV.
You can try
5% TFA Banana cream
2% TFA caramel original

It's also surprisingly yummy with little input...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bear in mind the flavour ranges that you are using. Adding 4% TFA Strawberry to a mix is fine. Adding 4% Flv Alpine Strawberry or Inw Wild Strawberry... not so fine.

I am actually in the process of trying to phase out my TFA/FA etc concentrates in favor of the pirates grog ones - they are a lot cheaper. So i am in the boat of trying to replicate recipes using those concentrates, which are not widely used or documented. I dont think I will come up with anything to clever though, I am still amazed I can taste anything after 15+ years of smoking the cheap and nasties of the cigarette world.

have you guys tried Ruthless' EZ Duz It?
It's like a strawberry watermelon. When I got my first vape setup the guy convinced me to get it (I had no idea about prices back then and took what the guy suggested) and I remember it was great. Of course I was vaping it in a Cubis at 1ohm back then.

If it wasn't so expensive, I'd get a bottle to try get that profile again.

have you guys tried Ruthless' EZ Duz It?
It's like a strawberry watermelon. When I got my first vape setup the guy convinced me to get it (I had no idea about prices back then and took what the guy suggested) and I remember it was great. Of course I was vaping it in a Cubis at 1ohm back then.

If it wasn't so expensive, I'd get a bottle to try get that profile again.
That seems to be a winning combo, for me it was Clown Pennywise, if I could successfully clone that I would be super stoked. Tried a few clones without luck, and thats what got me trying various things with watermelon as a base. The most interesting variation I tried is watermelon/blackcurrent/em/bubblegum or banana.

I am actually in the process of trying to phase out my TFA/FA etc concentrates in favor of the pirates grog ones - they are a lot cheaper.

Are they? In assessing concentrate value, you need to look not just at the 10ml cost but at how much juice you are getting from that 10ml. People are put off buying Flv Alpine Strawberry because it costs R130 for a 10ml bottle. But, in 84 recipes on ATF, it is used at an average of 0.8%. Now let us take another strawberry such as Cap Sweet Strawberry, which costs R45 a bottle. In 2410 ATF recipes, it is used at an average of 3.6%. So mixers are using 3.6/0.8 = 4.5 times as much Cap Sweet Strawberry as they are using Flv Alpine Strawberry in order to achieve the ideal flavour strength. The Flv is 130/45 = 2.8 times the cost but is giving you 4.5x the amount of juice. So it is better value.

However, it is not just about cost. If you prefer the taste of Cap Sweet Strawberry over Flv Alpine Strawberry, then the Cap is clearly the better value.

Are they? In assessing concentrate value, you need to look not just at the 10ml cost but at how much juice you are getting from that 10ml. People are put off buying Flv Alpine Strawberry because it costs R130 for a 10ml bottle. But, in 84 recipes on ATF, it is used at an average of 0.8%. Now let us take another strawberry such as Cap Sweet Strawberry, which costs R45 a bottle. In 2410 ATF recipes, it is used at an average of 3.6%. So mixers are using 3.6/0.8 = 4.5 times as much Cap Sweet Strawberry as they are using Flv Alpine Strawberry in order to achieve the ideal flavour strength. The Flv is 130/45 = 2.8 times the cost but is giving you 4.5x the amount of juice. So it is better value.

However, it is not just about cost. If you prefer the taste of Cap Sweet Strawberry over Flv Alpine Strawberry, then the Cap is clearly the better value.
I am quite heavy handed tbh, but I figure at (with the current special) R12.50 a 10ml bottle, I get considerably more out of it than a R45 bottle of concentrate. The shipping also plays a role for me in terms of R350 = free shipping and a butload of juice compared to other places. Especially if I am going to be in the buggering around/making flops stage of mixing.

In PE there is not exactly an extensive range of flavors either, took me 3 weeks to get bubblegum, no inawara and limited CAP, so shipping hits hard unless you are going to drop 1k on juice or worse, waste R200 buying from 2 different shops to get the right stuff.

With all that being said, if I dont win on my current route, I haven't lost much and lack of exposure ensures that as far as taste is concerned, I cant miss what I havent tried yet.

Sidenote: Pirates grog also have awesome bottles, I lost half a bottle of Sweet Strawberry trying to chew off the top (i was thoroughly pissed) because it was over tightened - 9/10ths of the tfa etc flavors I have bought in PE require menace to open. So even in the worst case scenario - i will have plenty of awesome 10ml bottles to use for testing.

Last edited:
Some good mixing over the weekend - these are the winners:

Creme de Orange - a restock of a favourite of mine "creme brulee spritzed with fresh squeezed orange"
Catalan Dream - restock on this simple 3 ingredient gem. 4% flavour total never tasted this good@
Fruity pebbles cheesecake - an easy good twist on a standard cereal flavor. This is a good shake and vape
Chowdahead - had to find a use for the Boston Cream pie...this one does the trick nicely!
Double D - a nice and rich double donut and cream!
Strawberry Wafers V3 - what it says on the tin...Strawberry wafers...Decent indeed
Zeppola Crunch - a fantastic mix of Zeppola and Berry crunch - SNV!
Hokkaido Mille Crepe - An irresistible Japanese dessert
Caramel DeezNuts - just look at the ingredients and you'll be sold! I upped the FC to 2.

Hokkaido Mille Crepe - An irresistible Japanese dessert

A combined 12.5% of Cap and TFA Sweet Creams? :eek: This I have to try!

I'm not mixing anything atm other than my ZA testers. I want to reduce my stock of juices and then embark on my own flavour adventure. I now have a good idea from other people's recipes what I like. Time to start putting my own concoctions together. :D

A combined 12.5% of Cap and TFA Sweet Creams? :eek: This I have to try!

I'm not mixing anything atm other than my ZA testers. I want to reduce my stock of juices and then embark on my own flavour adventure. I now have a good idea from other people's recipes what I like. Time to start putting my own concoctions together. :D

Yes, it is high and works surprisingly well with the AP (on the initial taste test). I'll let it sit a bit and see how it turns out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I mixed a recipe a week ago with surpriding results considering the flavour concentrate percentage at 7%. I know clyrolink concentrates are said to be on the strong side but the rest can also be tasted nicely.

I get a strawberry taste on the inhale and a banana cream on the exhale.

2% Clyrolink Strawberry milk
2% TFA Strawberry
2% TFA Banana Cream
1% TFA Sweet cream

Last edited:
Feels so good to finally just mix up something for me. All my favourite things
9faa162c24ef69632480907a8e92a588.jpg

Back