What did you Mix today?

Does mixing boiled water with coffee granules, milk and some sugar count under the heading what did you mix today? I must say it was divine?

Ok... now to get into the ones that I made yesterday with @TheV ... We had an awesome day! Lots of laughs... became hangry... had a braai... carried on... Tried our own mixes... a complete failure!! But we will not give up! We will try this again...

So what did I mix yesterday??
Simple Kiwi Strawberry - It is exactly what it says... a very simple Kiwi and Strawberry... Also can't remember where I got the recipe from...
CAP Super Sweet 0.50%
TFA Kiwi 1.00%
TFA Strawberry 4.00%
[

Hmmm keen to try the strawberry kiwi mix.
I'm still a diy noob though and prefer the fruity vapes.

Any idea if I can substitute with TFA kiwi double? If so, at what strength?
And I don't have cap sweet but TFA sweetener.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

Hmmm keen to try the strawberry kiwi mix.
I'm still a diy noob though and prefer the fruity vapes.

Any idea if I can substitute with TFA kiwi double? If so, at what strength?
And I don't have cap sweet but TFA sweetener.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk
I actually think kiwi double is what I used to be honest... it works well... I think it might actually be the same thing? @RichJB ... can you help?

Cap super sweet is more concentrated than tfa sweetener... so you can up the % on the sweetner to probably about 1 or even more depending on what you like...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tonight's mix night is all about strawberry.
mixed:
https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/36161 : Wayne's Milk do not read the write up you will need eye bleach.
something I call awesome strawberry v7:
Shake and vape this one best after three days. if you like mother's unicorn milk give this a go.
tfa cheesecake graham crust 3%
tfa Bavarian cream 3%
tfa strawberry 2%
cc sweet strawberry 2% got this from the flavor mill at vapecon.
inw strawberry shisha 2%
fa Vienna cream 1%
fa marshmallow 1%
next one a strawberry glazed doughnut v1 work in progress think I over did the doughnut but lets see what happens with a steep.

So I mixed three new flavours last night. One was Kzor's Groot Grape Soda, then a watermelon raspberry bubblegum and the last is an RY4 Butterscotch. Only been mixing for about 2 months, but has made vaping alot more affordable.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've recently been enjoying some "dirty" bakeries. While these recipes use some tobacco concentrates (not real tobaccos mind you :wink:), they are definitely bakeries. I feel the use of TFA RY4 Double and FA Soho add a depth and richness which enhance the juices beautifully.

The first is Sagacious which is a rich and creamy bakery with a gentle hint of cinnamon.

Then another I enjoy is Soma, a cookies and cream with that bakery-style tobacco.

They both claim to need only an overnight steep, however I find they're both richer and creamier after at least 3 days.

I've recently been enjoying some "dirty" bakeries. While these recipes use some tobacco concentrates (not real tobaccos mind you :wink:), they are definitely bakeries. I feel the use of TFA RY4 Double and FA Soho add a depth and richness which enhance the juices beautifully.

The first is Sagacious which is a rich and creamy bakery with a gentle hint of cinnamon.

Then another I enjoy is Soma, a cookies and cream with that bakery-style tobacco.

They both claim to need only an overnight steep, however I find they're both richer and creamier after at least 3 days.

These look fabulous @Huffapuff - they are right up mu alley. Gonna give it mix!

@Huffapuff, I can also recommend Krucial's Rip Harambe if you like 'dirty' bakeries.

What is a 'dirty' bakery @RichJB ?

I recall Zeki previously talking about desserts with dreams but am wondering what makes something dirty?

Is it the taste? Or does it have other non bakery things in it?

@Silver, 'dirtying' a mix refers to the addition of a dessert tobacco into a non-tobacco profile. Usually it is TFA RY4 Double or FA Soho which is used. Both have a caramel note which is fine for a bakery or dessert or cream. But then you also get just a hint of the tobacco note. So it's almost like having a cookie (or whatever) which has some tobacco sprinkled into it before baking. It adds an almost savoury note. It sounds odd but it adds complexity and can produce some really great and unusual results.

In the Beginner Blending mixing competition, one round involved mixers being given a basket of flavours which they had to use. One of those flavours was FA Soho. So several of the mixers chose 'dirty' mixes. ID10-T, for example, took Bananas Foster which is a rich buttery banana dessert and dirtied it up with Soho. Sounds gross to have tobacco in a banana dessert but it works really well.

Those look really nice need to get some fa soho. I really like tfa ry4 double with cap sugar cookie. Thought I was loopy when I added it to a cookie. Now I learned its a thing. Just got to love this forum...

For tonight's mix I tried two bases with my strawberry base.
This one from @Ezekiel
Milk (Dairy) (TFA) - 4%
Malted Milk (TFA) - 1%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TFA) - 1%
Think its going to need a long steep.
And diy or die's ice cream base:
Tfa vbic 4%
Cap vc 0.5%
This one seems like a winner

The strawberry base:
tfa strawberry 2%
Cc sweet strawberry 2%
Inw strawberry shisha 2%

GoodDay everyone.

Are there any diy folk in Pretoria East or Hatfield that would be willing or currently sell some of there concoctions. Buying juice is becoming a bit expensive and I tend to get tired of a specific juice quickly and end up just buying even more.

Thanks.

In an effort to deplete my juice stash, I have not mixed a single juice in just over 2 weeks...I have had the urge a couple of times but have been able to exercise self control!!

After mixing frantically on a daily basis, I have ended up with far too much juice to get through to warrant mixing new recipes.

I'm about 2/3's through and will probably jump in again next week...

#DIYproblems #toomuchjuice

In an effort to deplete my juice stash, I have not mixed a single juice in just over 2 weeks...I have had the urge a couple of times but have been able to exercise self control!!

After mixing frantically on a daily basis, I have ended up with far too much juice to get through to warrant mixing new recipes.

I'm about 2/3's through and will probably jump in again next week...

#DIYproblems #toomuchjuice

Congratulations on the self control. I just want to get a month ahead but my limiting factor currently is bottels and just when I had a good week of mixing something happens and I miss a day or two and then I am behind again...

Congratulations on the self control. I just want to get a month ahead but my limiting factor currently is bottels and just when I had a good week of mixing something happens and I miss a day or two and then I am behind again...

The problem is that I mixed about 12 new juices a week for many months - this quickly piled up as I made more than I could possible vape which, in part, led to my most recent cull...

A suggestion @Friep is to mix 100mls of your favourite juices (if you don't do this already) which will last longer and save on bottles. Simply decant into 30ml bottles and top up when required.

The problem is that I mixed about 12 new juices a week for many months - this quickly piled up as I made more than I could possible vape which, in part, led to my most recent cull...

A suggestion @Friep is to mix 100mls of your favourite juices (if you don't do this already) which will last longer and save on bottles. Simply decant into 30ml bottles and top up when required.

Thanks I need to do the 100ml thing I haven't found a juice worthy of 100ml yet. My own mixes I tweak with every mix I am never happy with them and often go back to version 1. The most I have mixed is 50ml but think I might have found one or two thats worthy of 100ml need to get some 100ml bottles asap.

12 new mixes a week thats a awesome number. But can see how it can become to much.

Can't wait till you mix again looking forward to reading about what you mixed.

For tonight's mix:
Apple ala mode back to the basics:
What I want is a fuji Apple in the front with a cinnamon note in the middle and a nice vanilla ice cream throughout so did this:
Fa fuji 2%
Fa cinnamon Ceylon 0.25%
Tfa vbic 8%
Lets see what happens can already tell that it needs a bit of vanilla maybe some cap vc 0.5% will do the trick but I am out can't believe I am out of that. Think it needs a bit more cinnamon but in a day or two that might change.
Second one: caramel cookie I have been working on and still busy with.
Tfa ap 0.5%
Cap sugar cookie 4%
Inw biscuit 1%
Tfa ry4 double 3%
Fa caramel 2%
Tfa vanilla custard 4% cap v1 works better but I am out.

For tonight's mix:
Apple ala mode back to the basics:
What I want is a fuji Apple in the front with a cinnamon note in the middle and a nice vanilla ice cream throughout so did this:
Fa fuji 2%
Fa cinnamon Ceylon 0.25%
Tfa vbic 8%
Lets see what happens can already tell that it needs a bit of vanilla maybe some cap vc 0.5% will do the trick but I am out can't believe I am out of that. Think it needs a bit more cinnamon but in a day or two that might change.
Second one: caramel cookie I have been working on and still busy with.
Tfa ap 0.5%
Cap sugar cookie 4%
Inw biscuit 1%
Tfa ry4 double 3%
Fa caramel 2%
Tfa vanilla custard 4% cap v1 works better but I am out.
For a better bakery cinnamon try CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl from 1.5% upwards.
Some FA Apple Pie and Liquid Amber will do wonders too.

For a better bakery cinnamon try CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl from 1.5% upwards.
Some FA Apple Pie and Liquid Amber will do wonders too.
I need to get these they look really good. The liquid amber helps with creating the baked apple if I am not mistaken. And tfa brown sugar also does this?
Read about fa apple pie now seems that it's more on a crust side?

Back