What did you Mix today?

So just a little feedback on the couple I have tried

Mixed the following up between yesterday and today

Fantastic https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/32883

I'm busy vaping this as a write this and it really is FANTASTIC...it's everything I hope it would be. I didn't have CAP Supersweet so used TFA sweetener at 0.5% instead. Its plenty sweet enough for my palate.

Mixed the following up between yesterday and today
One Milk To Rule Them All http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/763332/One Milk To Rule Them All by Boogenshizzle
Again another banger.... this, to me anyway, is very reminiscent of strawberry nesquick.

@Silver
Thats awesome @Lawrence A
Enjoy them
Curious about how that apple fizzpop tastes and how the mint chocolate comes out

I had already mixed up both of these previously. The Apple fizzpop reminds me a lot of the actual sucker, but doesn't have the sherbity vibe going on. It was in one of Wayne's DIE or Die Youtube videos that he mentioned throwing 12% of FW Apple Green and 2% Sweetener together. I mixed it up and then tweaked it by adding a bit of 1,5% FA marshmallow and 0,5% TFA Dairy Milk and reducing the sweetener to 0,5%. It's quite nice but not really something I have reached back for - I mixed this bottle up for a mate.

The mint chocolate is really yummy. I haven't yet tried another to compare it to, but do have Andre's White Mate steeping, so will soon have a frame of reference. I have a 100ml in rotation and mixed up 200ml for the same mate, so there's at least 2 of us that dig it. LOL.

So just a little feedback on the couple I have tried

I'm busy vaping this as a write this and it really is FANTASTIC...it's everything I hope it would be. I didn't have CAP Supersweet so used TFA sweetener at 0.5% instead. Its plenty sweet enough for my palate.

Again another banger.... this, to me anyway, is very reminiscent of strawberry nesquick.

@Silver

I had already mixed up both of these previously. The Apple fizzpop reminds me a lot of the actual sucker, but doesn't have the sherbity vibe going on. It was in one of Wayne's DIE or Die Youtube videos that he mentioned throwing 12% of FW Apple Green and 2% Sweetener together. I mixed it up and then tweaked it by adding a bit of 1,5% FA marshmallow and 0,5% TFA Dairy Milk and reducing the sweetener to 0,5%. It's quite nice but not really something I have reached back for - I mixed this bottle up for a mate.

The mint chocolate is really yummy. I haven't yet tried another to compare it to, but do have Andre's White Mate steeping, so will soon have a frame of reference. I have a 100ml in rotation and mixed up 200ml for the same mate, so there's at least 2 of us that dig it. LOL.

Thanks @Lawrence A
Great to hear. Enjoy the mixes !

Yup, I do the same thing, sometimes it works sometimes it.....well lets just say sometimes it works
This time it almost worked. I think my mistake was using Lemon and Lime (TFA L&L) but its not extremely far off the mark. A steep may actually make this doable when the vanilla comes to the fore a bit.

Agree on the hit and miss nature of this approach. I have made some zingers, but when it comes out like this, it gives a good base to improve from. May never be a 1:1 clone of the target beverage but I work with artistic licence. I may not have much mixing talent but that actually increases my enjoyment of the challenge.

Regards

Tonight's mix:
Wanted a Carmel doughnut. So dirty doughnut v1:
Cap glazed doughnut 2%
Fa zepola 1%
Fw hazelnut 0.5%
Fw yellow cake 0.5%
Tfa vbic 3%
Tfa ry4 double 3%
Fa caramel 3%
Over did the caramel next version I will have to cut the fa caramel and the ry 4 double.
Next one wanted a milktart something this is a failure:
3% tfa Bavarian cream
3% tfa cheesecake Graham crust
0.5% inw biscuit
0.5% cap ny cheesecake
1% cap cinnamon danish swirl
The cap cinnamon danish swirl overpowers everything. Will give it a rest and see what happens.

tonights mix:
awsome strawberry remix:
2% JF sweet strawberry
2% tfa strawberry
2% inw shisha strawberry
3% tfa Bavarian cream
3% tfa cheesecake graham crust
1% fa marshmallow
1% fa Vienna cream

another apple alla mode:
fa fuji appel 3%
inw double appel 0.5%
tfa vanila swirl 2%
hs french vanilla ice cream 0.5%
fa cinnamon ceylon 0.5%
cap vc 0.5%
tfa vbic 4%
good so far needs a bit more cinnamon.

bronuts Boston cream version:
https://diyordievaping.com/2015/08/18/bronuts/
added 2% tfa bavarian cream and dropped the cap Chocolate glazed doughnut down to 5%.
Goodbye coils this is lovely.

mixed this one:
Strawvana

Code:
TFA Strawberry          1.5
TFA Strawberry Ripe     1.5
TFA VBIC                4
TFA Marshmallow         0.5
Cap VC1                 1.25
Cap Sweet Cream         0.8
Inawera Raspberry       0.4
This stuff is awesome.

mixed:
So, I stumbled across a nice scone recipe online which called for FA Cornish Cream Tea, which is a FA blended flavouring described at "scone jam and cream". Upon some digging around, I saw that this flavouring is a combination of 3 FA flavourings and detailed, among other recipes on their website - i.o.w. they tell you the composition of some of the blended concentrates which they manufacture for you to make yourself.

Just scroll down and click on the name of the item, ie Cornish Cream tea and and it will list the ingredients as:
CREAM 35% STRAWBERRY 35% COOKIE 30%. This is the flavour base and can then be calculated out to make a recipe to make a single portion, as I did below. I did the calcs on a 5% flavour base as recommended on the very detailed description on this page.
There are various other "recipes", some which I have spotted as retail juices and am keen to try out - this weekend in fact!

I whipped this one up last week and cracked it open last night and it is really, really good! A fresh scone with strawberry jam, and cream - no bull. This simple combination has the perfect balance and because it is FA, calls for very small %'s which makes this EXTREMELY economical. The possibilities are endless with this simple scone and cream base. As one of our vendors has a scone range, I would prefer not to list the options..

Give it a go, you wont regret it:

Strawberry Scone
1.5% Cookie (FA)
1.75% Cream Fresh (FA)
1.75% Red Touch (Strawberry) (FA)

View attachment 86009
ran into a nic hotspot with this one. hoping some steeping and hot water will fix this. Will teach me to shake the bottle before every mix.

something for my father in law:
tfa black cherry 2%
tfa maraschino cherry 0.5%
inw raspberry (m) 1%
fa lemon Sicily 1%
still trying to get him off the stinkies 12mg nic and 50% ratio.
he wanted a cherry so mixed all my cherry flavors together hope he likes it.

Tonight's mix:
https://diyordievaping.com/2015/08/26/lets-mix-funfetti/ 50ml of this love the stuff

https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/26478 restock 50ml can't get enough of thiss

Have a look at this apple pie recipe...be sure to read the development note. You can thank me later...
mixed this added fa cookie 1% instead of the fa apple pie still need that one and on my list to get asap.

Thanks for that write up @Rude Rudi explains flavour layering extremely well.

Had a relaxing session tonight. Besides the ADV big mix I also made:

RY4 Menthol (6mg for MTL)
RY4 Double (TFA) @ 5%
Marsmallow (TFA) @2%
Menthol @ 0.5% (1 drop per 10ml)

Fruity Menthol (2.5mg for DL)
Raspberry (INW) @ 3%
Litchi (TFA) @ 1.5%
Menthol (TFA) @ 0.5%
EM @ 0.1%
Marshmallow (TFA) @ 1.5%

Both are new attempts so will need to check the outcome. A bit hesitant to go big on menthol and I may have skimped a bit. Can always add more if need be.
IMG_0391[1].JPG
Regards

So I have quietly started mixing on the side and this is really fun (promise you @Silver). I have not mixed anything spectacular (although all the recipes that I have tried did sound spectacular at first). The one recipe that did stand out is @KZOR 's Jango ( I'm mixed the second batch of this today). The vibrant mango flavors is just totally authentic for me. The best about the recipe, is that mixing author, @KZOR , has been available to me every step of the way on my journey outside the forums. Great mixing mentor - give that man a Bells.

Been a very slow mixing month for me as I am enjoying some of the fantastic one shots from DiyorDie. I've made HUGE batches of Obsidian and Rose milk and have enough to last me for a good 3 months or so!!

I've also been playing with my own Rooibos tea extract which have come out really well. I'm currently vaping a Rooibos, honey and cinnamon mix which is really good but needs minor tweaking to take it to the next level!

I managed to whip up a few intriguing experiments, with the Cap Jelly Candy the clear winner - well impressed after a week or so steep:

Lychee Blossom - A vibrant and juicy lychee enveloping a blossom
Jackfruit Citri-Shake (Flavor Book Entry Recipe) a vibrant blend of jackfruit, dragonfruit, blood orange, and mandarin, laid on a bed of whipped cream
CAP Jelly Candy (FlavorBook Entry Recipe) - a pink lemonade JuJuBe jelly candy

Last edited:
Tonight's mix: inspired by @Raindance fruity menthol:
Fa lychee 1.5%
Cap sweet lychee 1.5%
Hs mango 1%
Inw shisha Orange: 1 drop per 30ml
Inw raspberry(m) 0.5%
Fa marshmallow 0.5%
No cooling agent yet first want to tweak the fruits.
Off the shake inw shisha Orange at the front with sweet hint of raspberry. lychee somewhere in the back hs mango missing from the party but day 1 this tastes like lychee for me so lets wait and see tomorrow night.

How close to Pepsi did this come out? That is my favorite fizzy drink and if I can vape it as well, I will be in heaven!!!
@Andre, yes your above comment is correct, rules 1 to 10 of diy applied so i had to sub a lot. The outcome was not to bad neither was it close to Pepsi, lol. Sodastream cola would describe it best.

Regards.

@Andre, yes your above comment is correct, rules 1 to 10 of diy applied so i had to sub a lot. The outcome was not to bad neither was it close to Pepsi, lol. Sodastream cola would describe it best.

Regards.
Hahaha well I happen to drink that as well since I'm diabetic, so even that would be cool with me!

But thanks for the recipe. I'm definitely gonna try it!

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Back