What did you Mix today?

Talking of Fear, the man just started his own YouTube channel. He has a few teething problems in the first show, skip ahead to about 16:00 which is when he actually starts talking. But it seems like it will be a regular weekly podcast and should provide fantastic value and insight. It also seems like he's dead set on taking the title of His Bearded Holiness away from Kopel. Shots fired.

Last edited:
I don't think ATF has a "what can I mix" function, at least not for non-subscribers. ELR does, or at least did when I used it. But it's of questionable value. There is so much junk uploaded to ELR that there is a strong chance you'll get one of those 20% FW Green Goblin 7% Koolada 5% TFA Sweetener type recipes from 2011.
My first recipe (06/04/2015) was called Woozle.
I finally canned it in November of that year. With the following notes:
27/11
Finally chucked it in the bin. There was nothing that was going to save this.
Caveat emptor.
This wasn't black cherry, but glazed (maraschino)cherry. And I should know that glazed cherry is a filler, not a dominant. Silly me.

pisceserunt_s_Woozel___dot1ml.png

I don't think ATF has a "what can I mix" function, at least not for non-subscribers. ELR does, or at least did when I used it. But it's of questionable value. There is so much junk uploaded to ELR that there is a strong chance you'll get one of those 20% FW Green Goblin 7% Koolada 5% TFA Sweetener type recipes from 2011.
That is the problem I find with many posted recipes, one can never be sure if it's one only it's creator could possibly like or if it is in fact something that would be appealing to the greater community. Even trying to judge by the number and contents of comments can be misleading. I have tried some excellent recipies which drew hardly a comment.

If only there was a way to list and rate these in an organised and reliable manner. Maybe there is? That is why i like threads such as https://www.ecigssa.co.za/best-diy-recipes-2017.t44443/#post-606798, knowing they have beentried and tested helps a lot.

Regards

Some final mixes done to be ready when I leave Joburg in two weeks for the holidays!!

Icee Lychee - A refreshingly simple, chilled Lychee vape which makes you come back for more, and more... My own creation.
Double Berry Yogurt - Been hearing great things about WF Frozen Yoghurt SC, this one smells amazing!!! @DizZa. A wonderful mix of strawberry and blueberry with a nice creamy vanilla yogurt.
:Neopolitan ass cream - Yes, Ass cream! Very simple Neapolitan ice cream recipe using some of the new LB flavours
Banana Creme Breulee - A brulee using LB Creme Brulee - will be interesting to see how its stands up against the KING of Brulees = INW
DREAM - An interesting Dream Bar, it will change from an Orange Cream Bar to a Mango Cream at different wattages and airflow by Fear
Jackie Ohh - Moist, juicy and delicious use of Fa Mangosteen and TFA Jackfruit
Ultra Milk Vino - Testing this abundant custard recipe from @Vino1718 - Looks promising!!!!
Peach Smoovie - A delicious Peach smoothie by master Fear
Calypso #REMIXMONTH - A unconventional 2 ingredient mix of Cactus and Jackfruit = smells amazing!
Charlie Noble's Canary Coulis - A restock of this classic!!
Raincoat - It is a french patisserie-inspired imaginary dessert = Kiwi and Pineapple pie
Thugger Juice - Another exotic fruit mix. I used INW Eucalyptus with Mint as the cooling agent
Boss Reserve Clone #RemixMonth - Wow, this one is a winner indeed - a simple remix of a legendary Recipe!

Saw that Icee Lychee go up on ATF the other day, keen to mix it up but only just got CAP Sweet Lychee in and I don't have FA's version yet. Bought the missing ingredients for your Herzoggies as well except INW Apricot which is in the cart for when I put an order in with Vapor Valley to pick up the rest of the tobaccos I want.

Just double checked with a blank account and ATF does allow the "what can I mix" even for unsubbed accounts. Click Recipes and then the Filter button to the left of the search bar. That filter function is my favorite part about ATF as I find ELR a nightmare to try and browse at all. You can select it to filter recipes you have all the ingredients for as well as a +1 and +2 which is often where I end up when looking to order some flavors. You can also add multiple arguments to your filter eg: Search for all Blueberry recipes on the site, sort it by rating and only display recipes you can make with the flavors you have added to your account. Makes finding something to mix a much easier process.

Saw that Icee Lychee go up on ATF the other day, keen to mix it up but only just got CAP Sweet Lychee in and I don't have FA's version yet. Bought the missing ingredients for your Herzoggies as well except INW Apricot which is in the cart for when I put an order in with Vapor Valley to pick up the rest of the tobaccos I want.
@Rude Rudi can I sub out FA Lychee with TPA Lychee ? Will it still work or do you think the profile of the juice will change too much ?

Lol... at the comments on this recipe.

#9 by John.Locke, yesterday, at 18:30
This isn't original. This is just what happens when you want to make pebble cream bronuts, but you don't have all the ingredients. Yellow cake subbed with cake batter dip. Fruity flakes subbed with fruit circles. Tfa vbic subbed with cap vbic. Meringue subbed with vanilla custard. Original my ass!!! This is literally a tweaked version of Wayne's recipe and you are selling it for profit. You are everything that is wrong in the industry. You should be ashamed of yourself.

No offense to this person (funny how this line is usually followed by offending that person), I assume it is someone here.

But does this not mean its now a different recipe? I mean you've subbed half the ingredients.

"Yellow cake subbed with cake batter dip. Fruity flakes subbed with fruit circles. Tfa vbic subbed with cap vbic. Meringue subbed with vanilla custard"

I get his point though, but I can guarantee there are soooooo many commercial juices that are made from "changing this and that" from recipes found around the web. Most of my "personal" originals are derived or reached from what I've learnt online.

What is actually original nowadays
?

I laughed a lot when I read this - ultimate trolling going on - its good entertainment

Hopefully the recipe isn't stolen as said in the comments :rolleyes:o_O
:AHAHAHAHA:

I laughed a lot when I read this - ultimate trolling going on - its good entertainment

Yeah it's pretty scummy if one of the beta testers actually did leak an early version. Not sure what someones motivation would be to do that besides a bit of the ol' green-eyed monster.

That John Locke fellow seems to have a bit of a bee in his bonnet about Milc's stuff judging by his Wurl'd recipe.

Last edited:
Just double checked with a blank account and ATF does allow the "what can I mix" even for unsubbed accounts. Click Recipes and then the Filter button to the left of the search bar. That filter function is my favorite part about ATF as I find ELR a nightmare to try and browse at all. You can select it to filter recipes you have all the ingredients for as well as a +1 and +2 which is often where I end up when looking to order some flavors. You can also add multiple arguments to your filter eg: Search for all Blueberry recipes on the site, sort it by rating and only display recipes you can make with the flavors you have added to your account. Makes finding something to mix a much easier process.

Thanks but how would you add flavours to your stash if you don't have an account?

Thanks but how would you add flavours to your stash if you don't have an account?

You can create an account on ATF without subbing it just doesn't allow you to review or post recipes. Once your logged in with an account you can tick the check boxes next to the flavors to add them from a recipe or search for them in the flavors tab and then tick them there.

@Rude Rudi can I sub out FA Lychee with TPA Lychee ? Will it still work or do you think the profile of the juice will change too much ?

I don't suggest it. FA's Lychee is real, fresh lychee whereas the TPA is more floral/perfumey/artificial. I cant stand it...

It's up to you though but it just wont taste the same. Rather up the Cap Sweet Lychee to 3% then and do not use another Lychee.

Yeah it's pretty scummy if one of the beta testers actually did leak an early version. Not sure what someones motivation would be to do that besides a bit of the ol' green-eyed monster.

That John Locke fellow seems to have a bit of a bee in his bonnet about Milc's stuff judging by his Wurl'd recipe.

Can confirm an early version of the recipe was leaked - and turned into a commercial product by someone. That recipe is still doing the rounds unfortunately.
And for all those wondering, our recipe was out PRIOR to pebble cream bronuts.

Can confirm an early version of the recipe was leaked - and turned into a commercial product by someone. That recipe is still doing the rounds unfortunately.

18b.jpg

Last edited:
Mixed up a bunch of my gotto recipes.
Funfetti
Rhodonite
Simple Cannoli
Zoob
Sugar cookie n cream
Pebbles
S'mores
Dinner lady
Thai coconut ice cream
Creamy nut custard
Chilly willy

"Stolen" means forced against your will :D

No but seriously, I once borrowed a projector to a client for them to do a demo. They never returned it. I went to the cops - they basically told me I "willingly handed to them." So it wasn't theft, and out of cop's jurisdiction :eek:

I also mixed up a tester of Cap Root Beer. It took me back to my childhood. Specifically, that pink-hued fluoride mouthwash gunk at the dentist. I've never had a root beer irl so I hit google to find out what root beer tastes like. The sites I found helpfully offered that it tastes like sassafras. So I googled what sassafras tastes like and those sites equally helpfully told me "it tastes like root beer". Well, OK then. I'm expecting some sort of herbal licorice. Although, like the Inw, it has calmed down over a week and might be quite good. Concrete likes it so there's that. Although, to be fair, we're talking about a man who eats oranges with the peel still on. Zesty.

The commercial version of root beer sold in the US tastes alot like Sparletta Iron Brew - not sure if that is the profile that the makers of the concentrate went for though. Would imagine a more medicinal taste for the natural stuff.

Ok, so got a bit of mixing in today, little tasks and the dentist ruined my plans for yesterday.
IMG_0036.JPG
Should be able to let it steep while finishing the stock on hand. Took @RichJB advice and got 30 ml bottles, only the adv's are 50 ml going forward. Picked up a problem with my storage for the concentrates though, going to have to go custom and build a cabinet where it will be easier to find what I am looking for!
IMG_0037.JPG
Yes, even the box is full, and could not get any more of the A4 document storers, out of stock! May only get again in 2018:(

Thats awesome @Room Fogger !
All the best for the tasting of those juices...

@Room Fogger, seedling trays work well for storage too.

View attachment 115849

I then take another tray, invert it and place it on top as a lid. They are stackable too.
I will have to investigate, takes me longer to find the right bottle than what it takes too actually mix. Thanks for the suggestion, appreciate it.

Thats awesome @Room Fogger !
All the best for the tasting of those juices...
I cannot wait, but still have a lot to go through. I am extremely lucky that I usually do not vape the same flavour consecutively on two days, but some nice ones in this batch. I love the variety that diy offers, and getting tips and recipies from the diy masters mean I have great juices in rotation. 14 days and the countdown has begun.:)

Back