What exactly is nic salts?

mrh

Lone Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Vapers. I'm in the USA trying to find my usual substitute for my 18mg liqua or Twisp juice I use in my Clearo. I cannot find anything with 18mg except juices with nic salts. Is this a suitable choice. Guy at vape shop not very helpful or articulate - he seems to indicate it's just for pod systems. Any advice?

Hi Vapers. I'm in the USA trying to find my usual substitute for my 18mg liqua or Twisp juice I use in my Clearo. I cannot find anything with 18mg except juices with nic salts. Is this a suitable choice. Guy at vape shop not very helpful or articulate - he seems to indicate it's just for pod systems. Any advice?

@mrh Nic salts are used by people who want a high nic strength. It allows people to vape a very high nic, which they wouldn't be able to do if they had the same strength in freebase (the usual juice) e.g. I know a lot of people who vape 50mg nic salts. There is no way that anyone could vape 50mg nic in a regular juice - it would kick you from there to Timbuktu!

Go for nic salts then and get at least a 20mg nic strength. You'll be getting about the same nic as you would in your usual 18mg BUT you might not think so, because nic salts gives a soft throat-hit. You might miss the throat-hit that you get from the 18mg freebase which you usually vape, but you'll still be getting the nic strength.

You have a Clearo which is perfect for nic salts. The most important thing to remember with nic salts is to vape it at a low wattage with a coil that is at least 0.8ohm. Your Clearo device and coils meet all the requirements.

Should you be unlucky enough to have your Clearo breakdown over there, buy any pod device which uses a coil of at least 0.8ohm and set the wattage to not higher than 15W. If it's a pod device where the wattage can't be set, that's fine, you can use, because they're always low wattage devices.

nic salts
Googled
https://www.wotofo.com/blogs/vape-guide/what-are-nicotine-salts
Nicotine salt is the natural state of nicotine toxin as it occurs in tobacco leaves. The strange part of this compound is that it vaporizes at extreme temperatures and its ions are not absorbed easily by body receptors.

Overall, it isn’t an effective method of delivering nicotine to the human body when comparing it to de-protonated freebase nicotine.

Manufacturers have discovered a new method of using 50 mg nicotine tolerant and converting it into a form that’s more bioavailable compared to conventional e-liquids.

Benzoic acid – which serves two purposes – is the magic ingredient that assists in the processing of this compound: assist to reduce the temperature at which vaporization of nicotine salts occurs and reduces the pH level of the chemical resulting in a smoother throat hit feel and increases the absorbability of nicotine salts as freebase nicotine.

The conversion makes vaping of high amounts of nicotine (about 50 mg/mL) comfortable and allows for easy absorption of nicotine salts in the body of the consumer.

OK it good for pods or very low wattage DL. It might not give you the throat hit if you're into it. But it will settle the nerves.

@mrh Nic salts are used by people who want a high nic strength. It allows people to vape a very high nic, which they wouldn't be able to do if they had the same strength in freebase (the usual juice) e.g. I know a lot of people who vape 50mg nic salts. There is no way that anyone could vape 50mg nic in a regular juice - it would kick you from there to Timbuktu!

Go for nic salts then and get at least a 20mg nic strength. You'll be getting about the same nic as you would in your usual 18mg BUT you might not think so, because nic salts gives a soft throat-hit. You might miss the throat-hit that you get from the 18mg freebase which you usually vape, but you'll still be getting the nic strength.

You have a Clearo which is perfect for nic salts. The most important thing to remember with nic salts is to vape it at a low wattage with a coil that is at least 0.8ohm. Your Clearo device and coils meet all the requirements.

Should you be unlucky enough to have your Clearo breakdown over there, buy any pod device which uses a coil of at least 0.8ohm and set the wattage to not higher than 15W. If it's a pod device where the wattage can't be set, that's fine, you can use, because they're always low wattage devices.
Thank you so much for your excellent and thorough advice. Most reassuring. (fortunately I ain't quite run out of my Liqua yet!)

Back