What is High End Gear? Is it worth it?

A Breitling/IWC and a Seiko is going to tell you the same time when you look at your wrist. The workmanship and materials used on the Breitling/IWC will more than likely be of a higher quality and its mechanism will be that microsecond more accurate, but these are small aspects that is only going to be important to the watch enthusiast or collector. And there is the prestige connected to it.

I think the same goes for HE vaping gear, @Rob Fisher Skyline will be that fraction better, better build quality etc. than his beloved SM25, but Rob loves vaping, it's his passion. So for him spending that extra on RTA or a mod, in my opinion, is fully justified.

Would I buy HE vaping gear, maybe, but probably not, would I spend a R50k on a watch, more than likely.

HE gear is the realm of the enthusiast and serious collector.

A Breitling/IWC and a Seiko is going to tell you the same time when you look at your wrist. The workmanship and materials used on the Breitling/IWC will more than likely be of a higher quality and its mechanism will be that microsecond more accurate, but these are small aspects that is only going to be important to the watch enthusiast or collector. And there is the prestige connected to it.

I think the same goes for HE vaping gear, @Rob Fisher Skyline will be that fraction better, better build quality etc. than his beloved SM25, but Rob loves vaping, it's his passion. So for him spending that extra on RTA or a mod, in my opinion, is fully justified.

Would I buy HE vaping gear, maybe, but probably not, would I spend a R50k on a watch, more than likely.

HE gear is the realm of the enthusiast and serious collector.

100% @dastrix550! Actually the Skyline is off the charts engineering wise... the Hussar is beautiful and it has awesome accessories you can get for it and is very photogenic and also so far leakfree and the flavour fantastic. Hussar wins the beauty contest and the Skyline the engineering prize.

Back