What makes flavour

Imotions

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys
Firstly admin if its in the wrong section im sorry i didnt know what else to put this as

So im browsing all the different juices and thought to myself that i got juice already why not get a tank instead... but a question came to mind what gives flavour therea so many tanks out there... sooooo .... does the tank,airflow,top or bottom airflow, coil, coil style,cotton give flavour and clouds .

Basically what do you look at when you flavour chasing with some clouds..

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi @Imotions ...this is my personal opinion (so guys please behave any no massive dislikes)

Tanks nowadays are really good and all give good flavour, having gone through good few tanks in the last few months and I still use all but 1 (Cerabis)

What makes the best flavour are the ones with good airflow hitting the coils directly so the bottom airflow is good...all my tanks are top airflow and flavour is good but I really like my Crius which is a bottom airflow

I look for a build deck that will fit the coils I want to build. Coils need to be in a ratio with the chamber to provide a nice saturated Vape.

If coils are too small for the deck/chamber you get wispy poor taste and the opposite large coils in too cramped an area will give a hot undefined Vape.

IMO airflow has alot to do with flavour, the way and from where the botton or side airflow hits the coils, temperature of the coils, build (kanthal, stainless steel, titanium and then clapton), also the distance the air has to travel to the coil and then to the mouth.

For instance, I had a TFV4 tank where the coil sits at the bottom of the tank and airflow goes through the airflow ring at the bottom of the tank and goes through a channel to the coils, then travels from the coils through a chimney to the driptip. The flavour is decent on that tank but I've moved on to better things, such as the Limitless Plus, where the coils sits at the top, close to the mouth. The airflow also sits right next to the coils and has a shorter distance to travel altogether.

Also the build makes a difference in flavour, if you take the difference between normal kanthal and fused clapton, the fused clapton cover alot more area on the cotton and will make more clouds and also give a warmer, quite satisfying flavour.

Keep in mind that some flavours will taste better with a cooler vape and some will really shine with a warmer vape, so it all comes down to which flavour you're using. I prefer to have at least a few tanks to my disposal for different airflow options, different builds and different juice flavours.

Hi guys
Firstly admin if its in the wrong section im sorry i didnt know what else to put this as

So im browsing all the different juices and thought to myself that i got juice already why not get a tank instead... but a question came to mind what gives flavour therea so many tanks out there... sooooo .... does the tank,airflow,top or bottom airflow, coil, coil style,cotton give flavour and clouds .

Basically what do you look at when you flavour chasing with some clouds..

Thanks

Well for me flavor comes as a combination of all the things you listed.

1) The Tank, yes definitely, the design of the tank will impact the flavor. The amount of Pyrex used on the tank can affect the flavor, the shape of the top catch cup can affect the flavor etc etc.
2) Airflow will also affect the flavor,too much airflow can mute it slightly, too little airflow can cause the coils to warm up to much and change the flavor due to a warmer vape, the way the air hits the coils can slightly enhance the flavor, be it direct airflow onto the coils or from top airflow.
3) Coil and coil style, for sure. The material you use can enhance the flavor, many say that SS gives a cleaner taste than Kanthal (subjective maybe, please don't shoot me). I personally experienced a flavor enhancement when using a SS fused clapton coil build as apposed to a simple none clapton SS wrapped coil. The claptons trap more juice and breaths a little better which can improve flavor.
4) Cotton saturation can affect flavor as well, if they absorb nice and quickly you can vape for long and in shorter periods than cotton which do not saturate well.

So in a nutshell, you need to find a decent tank that ticks your boxes and then experiment with different builds and materials until you find your sweet spot, it is all so subjective and your ideal flavor might not be the same as someone else's ideal flavor but that is the beauty of rebuilding, you experiment until you find exactly what appeals to you and suits your needs.

Just my 2 cents, and I hope this helped a tiny bit.

All the best finding that vaping Euphoria buddy @Imotions

IMO airflow has alot to do with flavour, the way and from where the botton or side airflow hits the coils, temperature of the coils, build (kanthal, stainless steel, titanium and then clapton), also the distance the air has to travel to the coil and then to the mouth.

For instance, I had a TFV4 tank where the coil sits at the bottom of the tank and airflow goes through the airflow ring at the bottom of the tank and goes through a channel to the coils, then travels from the coils through a chimney to the driptip. The flavour is decent on that tank but I've moved on to better things, such as the Limitless Plus, where the coils sits at the top, close to the mouth. The airflow also sits right next to the coils and has a shorter distance to travel altogether.

Also the build makes a difference in flavour, if you take the difference between normal kanthal and fused clapton, the fused clapton cover alot more area on the cotton and will make more clouds and also give a warmer, quite satisfying flavour.

Keep in mind that some flavours will taste better with a cooler vape and some will really shine with a warmer vape, so it all comes down to which flavour you're using. I prefer to have at least a few tanks to my disposal for different airflow options, different builds and different juice flavours.

I see we said pretty much the same thing @Igno, well at least he wont think we making stuff up when he reads the same thing twice:-D

@Igno i have realised too much airflow basically just air no flavour for me and too little ended up with burnt lips...
@Imteaz the problem with choosing a tank is there are so many and i cant have them all lol...im going to play around with the coil ideas....
I found that creamy dessert type vapes for me is something i would use when im relaxed and a fruity zesty vape would be for that extra kick during the week so im too worried about getting the right juoce but getting the most out of the juice flavours

One thing that I didn't mention is type of cotton used, this my personal opinion and experience. I used standard organic japanese cotton before I went on to Kendo Gold and the flavour on the Kendo Gold is just amazing. Many users use the normal organic cotton from Dischem and rate it highly but for me, I prefer to pay a bit more and eliminate new wick taste and break-in period.

One thing to also keep in mind as @Imtiaaz also mentioned is size of coil, I generally build just slightly smaller than the length of my airflow holes, as on the Limiless Plus, I normally do 9 wraps with twisted ss clapton which aligns nicely with the airlfow holes on the side of the coils and therefore not too hot but gives amazing flavour.

One thing that I didn't mention is type of cotton used, this my personal opinion and experience. I used standard organic japanese cotton before I went on to Kendo Gold and the flavour on the Kendo Gold is just amazing. Many users use the normal organic cotton from Dischem and rate it highly but for me, I prefer to pay a bit more and eliminate new wick taste and break-in period.

One thing to also keep in mind as @Imtiaaz also mentioned is size of coil, I generally build just slightly smaller than the length of my airflow holes, as on the Limiless Plus, I normally do 9 wraps with twisted ss clapton which aligns nicely with the airlfow holes on the side of the coils and therefore not too hot but gives amazing flavour.
Noted .... this is o e thing i really love of the forum always learning new things and assistance recieved .... i didnt honestly know cotton made a difference in taste

@Igno i have realised too much airflow basically just air no flavour for me and too little ended up with burnt lips...
@Imteaz the problem with choosing a tank is there are so many and i cant have them all lol...im going to play around with the coil ideas....
I found that creamy dessert type vapes for me is something i would use when im relaxed and a fruity zesty vape would be for that extra kick during the week so im too worried about getting the right juoce but getting the most out of the juice flavours

Well like I said, you need to see what you want, top airflow, bottom airflow deck build size etc. Then some research as to which tanks offer what you require and just choose one that appeals to you and go for it. Unfortunately this is a very subjective thing, I can recommend something that I find amazing and you may find it crap. Only way is to make an informed decision and bite the bullet, sometimes it works other times it does not. Nature of the beast I guess @Imotions

I have been wondering about this cotton thing now for three days, kendo or cotton bacon. There are just too many mixed reviews and I think I should pick up some kendo and see if it is actually better. I hate the break in period and taste from the cotton bacon @Igno

I have been wondering about this cotton thing now for three days, kendo or cotton bacon. There are just too many mixed reviews and I think I should pick up some kendo and see if it is actually better. I hate the break in period and taste from the cotton bacon @Igno

I haven't tried Cotton Bacon V2 yet and it is on my list to try, but I can honestly say that Kendo does the job very well and I get zero "new wick" taste from it, also no break-in period, just amazing vape from the first pull.

@Imteaz true story only one way to find out after doing research.... and with that said you left me hanging lol... griffin , limitless rda or rdta , had my eye on fishbone 25 also... but ill read up more on them and see

I haven't tried Cotton Bacon V2 yet and it is on my list to try, but I can honestly say that Kendo does the job very well and I get zero "new wick" taste from it, also no break-in period, just amazing vape from the first pull.

That alone is reason enough for me to pick some up. Let me know your thoughts when you do pick up some Cotton bacon V2, I'm interested to hear your thoughts @Igno

I find quite the opposite on airflow, to the posts above.

I find that with high airflow, you get more vapor production ("Clouds"). When I am looking to taste a juice, I close down on my airflow (not entirely), but to a point where I could MTL OR restricted lung hit - I then bounce around the wattages, finding my "sweet" spot.

Personally, one of the greatest flavour tanks is the Bellus (temperamental leaker at times). The tank has a weird Airflow control, but caters for finding my restricted airflow that works for me.

@Imteaz true story only one way to find out after doing research.... and with that said you left me hanging lol... griffin , limitless rda or rdta , had my eye on fishbone 25 also... but ill read up more on them and see

I have a griffin and you do get amazing flavor from it, just so as with my tornado nano which is a much cheaper tank but performs brilliantly. I am planning to get the limitless RDA soon, hopefully by the weekend and I have tried the RDTA, very nice warm vape and you would get much more flavor from these than from an RTA due to the design, keeping in mind that it can be a juice guzzler as you probably know.

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could try all of them out with the same build, same juice and everything then decide which one to get? The dream...

I find that with high airflow, you get more vapor production ("Clouds"). When I am looking to taste a juice, I close down on my airflow (not entirely), but to a point where I could MTL OR restricted lung hit - I then bounce around the wattages, finding my "sweet" spot.

Personally, one of the greatest flavour tanks is the Bellus (temperamental leaker at times). The tank has a weird Airflow control, but caters for finding my restricted airflow that works for me.

In my response I did say that the flavor is less with more airflow, solely looking from a flavor perspective not considering clouds. And if that's true then its a given that less airflow = more flavor. Guess I should've been more clear. Thanks @KimVapeDashian

Lots of options available, for RDA, you get 3 options: Side airflow, Bottom Airflow and Bottom & Side/Top Airflow. For Side airflow, the Goon is excellent, Bottom airflow, Geekvape Tsunami, and if you want both side and bottom airflow the Infinite CLT V4 is very good. If RDTA is your thing, the Limitless Plus for side airflow and the Avocado 24 Bottom Airflow version for bottom airflow, I would like to see a RDTA with both options as well. If bottom coil RTA is what you prefer, the Griffin 25 Plus version just released and looks like a very good tank.

Last edited:

Airflow plays a role in the flavour, whether it's wide open or a bit more restricted. When I build bigger coils, I tend to open up the airflow a bit more to cool the vapour down a bit but flavour to airflow ratio depends also on your build (coil sice etc). I do agree with you @KimVapeDashian and should have been more clear as well, my reasoning is just that airflow still plays a big role. My reference to airflow was more on the way the air hits you coils.

Last edited:
Lol if only we could lol mayne one of the vendors will just be so kind and give the opportunity

Y
Lol if only we could lol mayne one of the vendors will just be so kind and give the opportunity

Your best bet if you want something versatile would either be to go for a serpent mini 25, Avo 24 or Limitless Plus :)

All three of the above support both dual and single coil configurations and have space to accommodate fancier builds as well.

Oh and all three have kick ass flavour!

Thanks guys honestly just tjee few comments made me think now lol i got alot more resesrch to do than just choosing .... think this is the worst part of vaping for me... i learn fast and like to play around with the different styles etc but hate choosing

Y

Your best bet if you want something versatile would either be to go for a serpent mini 25, Avo 24 or Limitless Plus :)

All three of the above support both dual and single coil configurations and have space to accommodate fancier builds as well.

Oh and all three have kick ass flavour!
I agree with the vaping greek although if anything i found with the avocado 24. Not sure about the limitless. But it use ridiculous amounts of juice an even with dual coil claptons the flavour wasnt better than my serpent 22 with its single coil. I think most of the flavour comes down to the actual chamber size leading to the drip tip.

I know of a certain place that sells the Griffin 25 Clone for R370, good all round tank for clouds and flavour... Another vendor on here has the Infinite CLT V4 RDA for R295

Back