What the heck is this used for?

That is a cartomizer punch

In short, one of the atomizer systems is called a cartomizer, it basically is a coil surrounded by some sort of wicking material inside a metal tube, you then fill the tube with e-liquid and vape.

Later on people put a bigger tank around the metal tube, punched a hole in the tube (with that device) then your e-liquid in the tank would flow through the hole into the wicking material of the tube and you can vape longer without having to refill :)

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the cartomizer with a tank - then called a carto tank

this cartomizer in the pic already has a hole 'pre-punched'

CartoTankDim_wm.jpg

Those are used to punch holes in cartomizers to be used in cartotanks. Old school :)

Edit: Got beat to chase by other posters - lol

Just because they dont know any better I think @Derick ;) I've been through them all years ago and although the flavour was great at times, it was almost always a messy setup. The more you used it the more skilled you became in minimising the mess.... lots of little tips and tricks for juice changes and cart changes etc. Ahhhh the good old days (read 3 years ago hahahaha).

Last edited:
I was an underaged Vaper when I had these cartos lol. I still have an authentic innokin ciggalike battery. Automatic. I'm gonna find myself a carto to screw on to it. This should be fun and a walk down memory lane

Jus because they dont know any better I think @Derick ;) I've been through them all years ago and although the flavour was great at times, it was almost always a messy setup. The more you used it the more skilled you became in minimising the mess.... lots of little tips and tricks for juice changes and cart changes etc. Ahhhh the good old days (read 3 years ago hahahaha).
Heh yeah, we do try and educate them when they call :) We had one dude though that was adamant - he reckon he has tried all the 'new fangled stuff' but prefers his SMOK dual coil cartos :) At the time eciggies was still stocking them (not sure if they still do) so we just pointed him in that direction :)

Lol old timers going down memory lane, in this industry an old timer could be 21!.
ha, True - and it just seems to be going faster and faster that new devices are introduced - by the time something has come out, been reviewed and generally been accepted by the vaping community as a good device, something has usually already been released that is better

Lol I got a carto or 2 from @Oupa recently to try on the reo and it was a suprisingly good vape. Once you get past the gurgling and working out how to squonk it properly.

Lol I got a carto or 2 from @Oupa recently to try on the reo and it was a suprisingly good vape. Once you get past the gurgling and working out how to squonk it properly.
Biggest problem I had with them was they would clog up so quickly - other than that I liked them, vape was good, flavour was good and with a tank attached they could hold quite a bit of juice

Thanks for this thread. I also wondered what that is. I've never been through that struggle lol

I still remember trying to refill those stupid cig allikes cartridge that was suppose to be the same as 10 cigarettes. 2 puffs refill, 2 puffs refill. skip to chapter 2 drip on the atty 4 puffs drip on the atty 4 puffs.

Someone should start a thread for showcasing some of these ancient devices. Gave most of my stuff away over the years but may still have some lying around in the garage.

Someone should start a thread for showcasing some of these ancient devices. Gave most of my stuff away over the years but may still have some lying around in the garage.

Take some photos @yuganp
And start a thread called Vapegear from yesteryear
Has to be at least a few years old.
Will be fun and interesting to look back in a few years time

Back