What To Do?.....which Dripper Is A Safe Bet

Danny

Molecular biologist / Novice Mixologist
LV

Awards
Hey everyone sorry if this isnt the right place for my thread. I am in a dilemma and I know my fav vapers will want to help me out. Have a bit of extra budget this month and really want to buy my first dripper. Not too interested in subohm yet and wont be buying a mod for a while but looking at doing 1.5 ohm and up builds to start out and with time im sure I will travel further down the rabbit hole.

So to options. My top at the moment would be the Magma but cant find anyway to get one without going the fasttech or pricier route.
Next would be the 3D dripper but not sure about the size (quite bulky seeming) or the whole 510 adaptor thing.
Then the Trident V2 but the endless reviews mentioning screw issues put me off somewhat.
Then probably the nucleus but it seems like the configuration of the deck is aimed more at subohm (not to mention its gold).
Final option would be the Tobh atty, once again though interesting reviews about screws and posts.

What a conundrum o_Ofor a beginner especially with a tight budget, had one too many disappointing purchases already. So here is hoping you all can help with your comments and feedback. Nothing worse than forking out for scrap metal, a feeling im sure all vapers sadly experience at one point or another. Wish someone stocked the magma clones by infinite then it wouldnt be a debate at all.
Any comments, feedback, suggestions or other recommendations would be fantastic.

On a decent dripper you will be able to start off with higher resistance as well as going down to subohm later. So, look at something that is dual and single coil capable, for example the Igo L only has one tiny airhole and would not be ideal for later ventures to subohm. Believe me....you will go there sometime!

For the easiest source in SA I am not the right advisor tho....lost track since I am overseas.

I personally started off with the Igo L, went via a Helios clone (hardly ever used) to authentic RDA's like the Origen and Enigma, which is a hybrid RDA.

I'd have to say try for the Magma.. Buy once and buy right in my opinion, even if that means waiting a few weeks or paying extra to get it locally.

Where are you based?

I am in CPT, paying a bit more isnt too much of a problem. I also side with the buy once, buy right. Waiting though has never been my strong point, especially not with vape gear, but maybe this time I must practice that self control.

@Danny seeing that you're based in CPT, I suggest you go to one of the vape shops and try different setups and you will find something to your preference plus a lot of assistance in choosing the correct one.

If you can find a decent quality iGo-L or a Magma then those are your options. My 2c.

If you can find a decent quality iGo-L or a Magma then those are your options. My 2c.
problem with the Igo L is that it has to be opened up and its for single coils only. Good starter, but will have to be upgraded soon.

I would now go for a RDA with a larger AFC, best would be slotted airholes. Then you have all options ;)

problem with the Igo L is that it has to be opened up and its for single coils only. Good starter, but will have to be upgraded soon.

I would now go for a RDA with a larger AFC, best would be slotted airholes. Then you have all options ;)

Then a Magma it is... ;)

Hey Danny, you're actually my namesake.

I am having the same dilemma, but i do not even have a proper mod yet.
I'm in a serious relationship with my MVP and mPT3 combo, but want to chase the taste many have claimed only a dripper can provide.

Considering getting myself a second-hand Nemi and then i'm in the same boat as you... which rda oh which rda?

Please help @JakesSA @Chop007 @Cape vaping supplies @capetocuba @BhavZ @Riaz @Mike
Sorry for calling you all out like this, but it's a vape-dilemma

Bizarre, I was just thinking of posting the same sort of thread. Hope you don't mind the hijack......

I'm thinking of going RDA too. What would you folks recommend would go along nicely with a Hana 30? With as deep a well as possible.

Bizarre, I was just thinking of posting the same sort of thread. Hope you don't mind the hijack......

I'm thinking of going RDA too. What would you folks recommend would go along nicely with a Hana 30? With as deep a well as possible.
Deep well? Origen. AFAIK deepest of all.

The Magma is plenty deep enough!

If you want a dripper, the Magma is the current flavour of the week. Good airflow, great flavour, relatively easy to build on, pretty much the deepest well of current drippers too. I'm personally getting an Infinite CLT - not as deep but better airflow, easier to build on, adjustable 510, great flavour too and a heatsink.

Ninja edit - If it's a RTA you want, the Fogger 4.1 (4.4) is a essentially dual coil kayfun variant (from what I understand - ordering one for myself)

Last edited:
What battery do you have? Had the trident v2 on my mvp and didn't do very well. It takes a long time to heat up. Rather save up the money and buy the complete kit.

@Limbo isn't that coil dependent? If something like 32ga is used, I think it could work pretty well even at lower watts?

:)Thnks for all the feed back. Loving this forum more and more. So for those that hav gotten their hands on a magma: where, how, when, why arent they everywhere! :help:

@Danny, they only really became cheaply available recently. To my knowledge, only one shipment has come into SA so far and it was sold out extremely quickly. Another one is on the way to Vape Club already.

In terms of batteries I am alternating a few spinners etc for now. But in the next cash inflow going to probably buy the smok rocket mod. Specs look ok for a beginner in my newbie op, and the device is just gorgeous.

@Limbo, 28ga is very heavy for a MVP. No wonder it didn't work well. 32ga would have been way better.

@Mike thanks so much. I will get in touch with them and see if there is a waiting list or preorder option. @Limbo also figured power would be an problem to start, but really want to get started on the fiddling part of things. Good power will come in a few weeks, and hopefully my coil builds will looks half decent by then too

@Danny just make sure to get skinny wire along with it - faster to heat up cause it's thinner and it'll get hotter with power.

A pic of my Magma...
Magma1.jpg

On top of the Sigelei 20W

Magma2.jpg

With the ugliest coil in living history!

Magma3.jpg

Back