Where to next?

Metal_Geo

New Vaper
LV

Awards
So, time for a vape-story.

Ya'all know I started out with a Smok V8 (If you didn't, now you do!) - I upgraded that to the Smok H-Priv, with a dual Ammit 25 (Including the thingy to stop the glass sliding off, yay) which was cool. Until it leaked.

That's where I learned what wicking is, what sticky-pocket-syndrome is, and decided I need to buy the Zeus (Tomorrow actually) for no-leakies!

I also ended up with the Aequitas (I think that's how you spell it?) - This thing is great. Until your home made coils turn out.. Well, I went and got proper coils fitted by an expert :D

Now the big, burning question - Gonna get the Zeus, sure. But where to from there? Is it too early to try a squonker, or a mechanical mod? Clues and tips much appreciated and paid for in clouds! :D

So, time for a vape-story.

Ya'all know I started out with a Smok V8 (If you didn't, now you do!) - I upgraded that to the Smok H-Priv, with a dual Ammit 25 (Including the thingy to stop the glass sliding off, yay) which was cool. Until it leaked.

That's where I learned what wicking is, what sticky-pocket-syndrome is, and decided I need to buy the Zeus (Tomorrow actually) for no-leakies!

I also ended up with the Aequitas (I think that's how you spell it?) - This thing is great. Until your home made coils turn out.. Well, I went and got proper coils fitted by an expert :D

Now the big, burning question - Gonna get the Zeus, sure. But where to from there? Is it too early to try a squonker, or a mechanical mod? Clues and tips much appreciated and paid for in clouds! :D

Hi @Metal_Geo
Its good that you are trying different things out
The vape device journey is a big one and filled with many twists and turns

Mechs are great because I find the vape on them more direct and in a sense "purer". Also, building the right coil for the mech to suit your vape and the juice is tricky but very rewarding.

Squonking is a super way to get dripper flavour with tank like convenience.

Go for it and explore. Theres a lot out there

Hi @Metal_Geo, I enjoy my squonking on a mechanical mod because of the freedom it brings. A bit of a contradiction in terms actually. Once you have built, inserted and wicked your coil, that's it. It either works (Flavor wise) or it does not. No fuss and fiddling, once the ball leaves the club face, you are done.

Mechanical mods are however a bit of a loaded gun with no safety. You have to build within your cells capacity and really pay attention to the upkeep of your cell wraps and the mod in general. You do not want any unexpected fireworks going off in your pocket. Especially your pants pockets.

When you start building for mechanical mods, you will need to try different wire types of different gauges as well as different builds and placements. You can not just up or down wattage so its all up to the build. To top things off, each atty and vaping style requires a different build so prepare yourself for lots of experimentation. The permutations are plenty. The fun never stops.

Have fun!

Regards

Goodluck bud - 9 months down the line I have tried a lot of different setups and finally found what I like.
Squonking is great, but I only mech at home.
For me my voopoo dragg and Petri RTA ticks all the boxes.

In my opinion, if youre a flavor chaser, sqounking is probably the way to go , there are some but not alot of dual battery sqounkers , if youre a cloud chaser getting something dual battery and dual coil might be the way , enjoy the journey!

I ended up going with the Themis! It's way, way better than the Ammit and tastes great, too. I saw the Noisy Cricket, mate of mine has one though so I'll try that and see how it goes - It might well be my next mod! For now, I'm going to make sweet vape-love to the Themis and watch some Youtube vids on them incredible coils.

Thanks for the info! :D

I have red pill! It's addictive.

Basically, I have a collection of "good" liquids, and "bad" liquids - The good ones either vape really lekker, or taste good. The bad ones either taste like licking the road, feel like having a tractor shoved down your throat or spit like a camel - But I have now discovered brands I like, sticking to those and keeping the bad ones for no particularly good reason

Back