Which hardware will u suggest???

See im confused now? Bcoz most people were suggesting the toptank or even cubis with the pico???

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

See im confused now? Bcoz most people were suggesting the toptank or even cubis with the pico???

@Spongebob, any 22mm tank should work on it, can't go bigger as the battery cap won't allow it, the Melo 3 mini is a great top fill tank, it won't disappoint. Unless you drop it and break the glass, like I did ... Luckily there is replacement glass available in SA

@Andre, the Melo 3 mini or the bigger Melo 3 only???

The Melo3 takes 4 ml of juice. The Mini takes 2 ml.

The Melo3 is 65 mm high. The Mini is 55 mm high. So just 1 cm in it.

Agree with @Silver, the Mini will look a bit better, but bigger brother will not look unbalanced at all being just 1 cm taller. My daughter in law has a Subtank Mini (about the same height as the bigger Melo) on her Pico and it looks cool - but certainly not as cool as the Melos, which have the same accents as the Pico.

So, if you want to refill less, take the bigger Melo. Not that refilling is a pain - very easy with the top filling. If you like a bit more snazzy and smaller, take the Melo Mini.

Lads? Yes i know, you're growing tired of me how long do the coils last on the pico? Should i order extra coils while I'm at it, and should i order 1 ohm coils as i am concerned about juice consumption?

Lads? Yes i know, you're growing tired of me how long do the coils last on the pico? Should i order extra coils while I'm at it, and should i order 1 ohm coils as i am concerned about juice consumption?

I have not used the stock commercial coils on the Melo. So, cannot answer your question directly, but am sure members that do, will come to light in due course. Think it uses the same stock coils as the iJust 2 tank of which there are many around. Not aware of a 1.0 ohm stock coil - thought they only came in 0.3 and 0.5 ohms, of which members seem to prefer the 0.3 one. Anyhow, always a good idea to have spare coils around - one do get a dud now and then.

So far I have used the RBA (rebuidable unit) and the 0.9 ohm cCell ceramic coil. The rebuildable one, obviously, can last a long time (1 to 2 months) as you just replace the cotton wick when required. And you can build it to the ohms you want. The cCell ceramic commercial coil unit, if not a dud, can last a very long time. A month plus at least, depending on your juice consumption .

Ok update just ordered my early birthday prezzies the pico and the melo 3 tank, two 3000mah samsung batteries, extra coils AND convinced the wife to add an AIO as a backup!!! and paid with money i dont have now i should be totally set up .

uploadfromtaptalk1463944951501.png

Congrats @Spongebob
Wishing you well for it. Let us know how it goes
Hope you ordered some juice as well

Ok update just ordered my early birthday prezzies the pico and the melo 3 tank, two 3000mah samsung batteries, extra coils AND convinced the wife to add an AIO as a backup!!! and paid with money i dont have now i should be totally set up .

View attachment 55113

Great stuff. See you in the Vape Mail thread soon!

Update received my parcel today got the AIO all set up, but bcoz i forgot to buy juice (noob) all i had to put in it is some 18mg pure VG Red Bull

Locked the "barrel" fired it up and sucked it like i would my EGO....... Hoooooly smithereens....!!!!! it kicked me worse than an irate mule on steroids.....!!!! I am still coughing from the first couple of draws....!!!! It feels like the devil himself started a fire in my chest.....!!!!

Note to self: off to the shop for some 3 or 6 mg juice btw? Ur juice of choice?

My new nickname for the AIO is THE MULE!!!!

Now im wonderin.... When i fire up the pico, is Chuck Norris gonna wait in the sidelines????

Update received my parcel today got the AIO all set up, but bcoz i forgot to buy juice (noob) all i had to put in it is some 18mg pure VG Red Bull

Locked the "barrel" fired it up and sucked it like i would my EGO....... Hoooooly smithereens....!!!!! it kicked me worse than an irate mule on steroids.....!!!! I am still coughing from the first couple of draws....!!!! It feels like the devil himself started a fire in my chest.....!!!!

Note to self: off to the shop for some 3 or 6 mg juice btw? Ur juice of choice?

My new nickname for the AIO is THE MULE!!!!

Now im wonderin.... When i fire up the pico, is Chuck Norris gonna wait in the sidelines????

Looooool... hell yeah the Melo is going to kick harder!! Not to fret. Get some 3mg juice and you will be GGRREEAAAT! Just be glad you didnt go for a dripper yet lol... And also give it a week before you are used to vapour as opposed to smoke. Smoke numbs your throat and lungs where vapour doesnt so you REALLY feel it!!

Great advice keep the 18mg to prank your friends that smoke... That on a dripper fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lads, help me out plse? i got some 12mg juice as well as 0mg of the same flavour (menthol) and chucked it in the AIO and the pico 50/50 mix!!! On the AIO all went well for the first couple of draws untill i got that dreaded dry hit!!! how can i burn a coil when i haven't even used it for a full day???? And yes i did prime the coil??? now everytime i draw the AIO all i get is burn??? Is the juice i used to thin or something???

The pico is a different story??? All i get is a nice warm vapour with very little taste??? is it also normal for the AIO and pico to get quite warm around the mouthpieces???

What am i doing wrong???

Also wanna know if these batteries are the right ones???

2b27a7d3e01b8c9b82226c3abdef4e2d.jpg

At the risk of derailing a thread somewhat, I think Uncle @Rob Fisher will be the perfect person to tell us if those batteries are good... They look like the right shade of salmon to me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not familiar with how the AIO is set up, and I don't know what juice you're using but you maybe pulling too hard/often for the wick to wick properly, if you vape too much for the wick to handle and/or the juice is too thick it will be dry when you take your next pull. Sometimes stock coils can be duds, not often, but it does happen.

Also you may have just cooked the juice abit, I will suggest dumping the juice, and wiping out your tank, don't know if your tip is removable but you should probably give the inside a wipe too, sometimes the taste of a cooked juice/wick will stay and make the next tank fill up taste cruddy too.

You may also be tasting the nicotine, mixing them together, I'm not sure what % you've made, sometimes while chain vaping a 6mg juice I get a weird taste which my brain tells me is "burntish".

I have zero experience with the pico/melo set up too, but you probably just need to fine tune your settings, a warm vape is not always a tasty vape. Different flavours also respond differently to various temps, so just experiment within safety parameters and find whats nice.

Hi @Spongebob

We may need a bit more info to help you, but I will try. Aologies if i missed some of the answers that may be in the thread already.

With the Aio,
- what coil are you using? The supplied 0.6 ohm?
- what juices are you using? You say menthol, but which ones?

Generally, if you are getting a dry hit it could be the juice is too thick and cant wick fast enough. Not usually from being too thin. Are you filling it up correctly to the max level marker? It could also be a dud coil, maybe try another coil.

With the Pico (i am not familiar with it because i dont have one)
- what atty? Is it the melo 3 mini that comes with it? And what coil?
- what power are you vaoing at? Are you sure its in power mode and at the correct power for the coil? Maybe its in another mode or too low

With regard to the mouthpieces getting warm, that is fairly normal. Each device is different but some devices do get warmer than others.

Regarding the battery, what make is it? Looks like it could be a Samsung 30Q? Where did you get it from? Looks like the right kind of battery for the Pico - 18650

Hi @Spongebob <br /><br />We may need a bit more info to help you, but I will try. Aologies if i missed some of the answers that may be in the thread already.<br /><br />With the Aio, <br />- what coil are you using? The supplied 0.6 ohm?<br />- what juices are you using? You say menthol, but which ones?<br /><br />Generally, if you are getting a dry hit it could be the juice is too thick and cant wick fast enough. Not usually from being too thin. Are you filling it up correctly to the max level marker? It could also be a dud coil, maybe try another coil.<br /><br />With the Pico (i am not familiar with it because i dont have one)<br />- what atty? Is it the melo 3 mini that comes with it? And what coil?<br />- what power are you vaoing at? Are you sure its in power mode and at the correct power for the coil? Maybe its in another mode or too low<br /><br />With regard to the mouthpieces getting warm, that is fairly normal. Each device is different but some devices do get warmer than others.<br /><br />Regarding the battery, what make is it? Looks like it could be a Samsung 30Q? Where did you get it from? Looks like the right kind of battery for the Pico - 18650

Hi Silver, below the juice i put in both the AIO and the melo. Yes the supplied 0.6 ohm coil in the AIO and i must admit i did do a couple of quick "pull and blows" to try and get rid of the previous juice taste in the coil???? Then after a couple of draws the menthol taste came through and then the dry hit but if that is the cause i dont understand??? I have on numerous occasions double and triple "clutched" my ego with no problems???

The tank yes the melo 3 mini supplied with the kit with the 0.3 ohm coil. I starrted in VW mode at 10 watts and gradually increased by 5 up to 30 watts??? all i got was warm vapour with just a rubbery taste??? Im assuming thats just coz its new? The rubbery taste??? There wasnt anything i had to remove first??!

I wonder if the juice i bought at the china mall is not a dud???

Batt yes, samsung 30Q from vapeclub the only reason im asking about the battery is because it shows 11.something amps and i read somewhere about a 25 amps continous discharge rate????
4c2bab87971c8d4193d478c49127390d.jpg

Another quick question? Does the ijust/AIO coils also fit in the melo??!

Hello mate, not an expert, but that liquid you are vaping looks a bit dodgy. Have had some bad experience with knock off Liqua, there seems to be a lot around. Can't add to advice from previous posts but irrespective of your hardware your choice of liquid will have a major influence on how everything works. I could be on the wrong track, but perhaps have a look a better choice of what is available, some fantastic local liquids around at a very good price. Hope you get sorted.

Yip, those juices contain tyre rubber no doubt.:D

The AIO coils do not fit in the Melo.

@ neal, what juices would u suggest?? Unfortunately here by us there are very little in the way of vape shops??? I go to the local tobacco shop or china mall and the guy behind the counter says: eh? yew ar waaantink vapor juz??? then he packs a couple of boxes on the counter and leaves me to decide!!! So without having to order everytime, which brand names are good??

@Silver, still awaiting ur reply re the batt, etc??!

@ neal, what juices would u suggest?? Unfortunately here by us there are very little in the way of vape shops??? I go to the local tobacco shop or china mall and the guy behind the counter says: eh? yew ar waaantink vapor juz??? then he packs a couple of boxes on the counter and leaves me to decide!!! So without having to order everytime, which brand names are good??

@Silver, still awaiting ur reply re the batt, etc??!

Hi @Spongebob - that Samsung 30Q is the right battery. If it comes from VapeClub it is very likely to be an authentic good battery. Those batteries I think have a continuous max discharge of around 20 amps so should be more than fine for the Pico

On the juice hunt, there are many great juice vendors on this forum. Perhaps a good place to start is to have a look at the 2016 juice awards winners by category and work your way from there. You will find some vendors like VapeClub and Juicy Joes for example stock several of these lines of juices so you can buy more variety at one place.

Here are the results of the Juice Awards
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/top-of-the-top-best-of-the-best-local-juice-2016-result.t22369/

Also read the juice reviews in our E-liquid Reviews section
Will likely give you further ideas
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/forums/e-liquid-reviews/

Back