Which hardware will u suggest???

Hi @Spongebob, there has been a lot of good advice given in this thread. Please consider that this is the start of your vaping journey, and starting with the wrong equipment can spoil that journey for you. The advances in technology in the last year alone are astounding. Please consider newer, modern technology as your experience will be so much better.
My 2c worth of options as far as devices is simple - either an eVic VTC mini or the Pico. Both are small and have all the bells and whistles to take you a long way. Tanks are a bit more difficult, but the Cubis is a brilliant, no fuss tank.

Ok ok, so you lads convinced me held a vtc mini today and though i didnt smoke it i must say my views have changed i definitely will be getting a box mod, question is just which one? though i must say the vtc felt a bit heavy in my hand???

So? In ur opinion, taking finances into consideration.... which offer best bang for buck, as far as features, size, vape experience goes??? pico, vtc mini, top box mini or innokin cool fire 4? Also bear in mind i would prefer a larger tank which i think the top box has? Can i fit a larger tank on the pico? Will it "look" right???

Btw.... Its my birthday soon any sponsors????

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Ok ok, so you lads convinced me held a vtc mini today and though i didnt smoke it i must say my views have changed i definitely will be getting a box mod, question is just which one? though i must say the vtc felt a bit heavy in my hand???

So? In ur opinion, taking finances into consideration.... which offer best bang for buck, as far as features, size, vape experience goes??? pico, vtc mini, top box mini or innokin cool fire 4? Also bear in mind i would prefer a larger tank which i think the top box has? Can i fit a larger tank on the pico? Will it "look" right???

Btw.... Its my birthday soon any sponsors????
Pico is awesome for its size and the best price. Yes, it can certainly take a bigger tank, as long as the tank's diameter is not more than 22 mm. My daughter in law uses a Subtank Mini on it - nowadays the Toptank Mini. There is also a Melo3 tank available, which takes 4 ml as opposed to the 2 ml of the Melo3 Mini.

Best deal on a Pico kit probably here. They also have the Pico without tank should you decide to go for a tank other than the Melo3 Mini.

Thanx Andre did see that, but at that price how sure can i be its authentic??? everybody else sells the kit for over R1000, which got me thinking??? Also, which battery would u suggest, i have to buy that seperately???

Hi @Spongebob , i havent had the pico - but will just reinforce my suggestion for the Toptank irrespective of the mod you get. It holds enough juice and can take commercial and rebuildable coils, so it should keep you happy for a while ;-)

Thanx Andre did see that, but at that price how sure can i be its authentic??? everybody else sells the kit for over R1000, which got me thinking??? Also, which battery would u suggest, i have to buy that seperately???

Coming from that vendor you can be sure it is authentic, they just have great pricing. That same vendor has LG HG2 batteries which are decent, I'm sure by now local vendors would have established the authenticity of their battery stock as well.

As @Stosta said above. VapeClub is a Diamond Supporting Vendor here and has been part of the forum from almost the start. I have yet to be disappointed in them. Their pricing has always been the best around town.

Personally I am a bit wary of the LG batteries at the moment as fakes have just started to appear from usually good sources. And difficult to determine if fake or not. I would go for the Samsungs here. Yes, you need to buy that separately and a charger as well. You will be glad you did as a spare, charged battery is the most handy thing for a vaper. Charger here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx Andre but why a seperate charger? can the batt not be charged in the device? I am a bit strapped fir cash so can i not charge in device for now???

@ silver, would you then suggest getting the pico and then the top tank mini as opposed to the melo tank? Im sure i saw a 4ml melo tank as well???

Thanx Andre but why a seperate charger? can the batt not be charged in the device? I am a bit strapped fir cash so can i not charge in device for now???

Yes, it can charge through the USB port. So, should be fine for in the mean time. Suggested the charger with extra battery(ies) for the reasons stated in my post above.

Excellent advice offered in this thread.
If you were adamant on a tube mod, I'd strongly suggest an AIO. The Subvod - I have one too, but would recommend the AIO (by far). The subvod doesn't work well with the higher resistance coils, and with the 0.5ohm you will probably go through more liquid than you'd like.
But... you've made the right decision in going for a box-mod. I agree with the others - can't go wrong with a VTC mini. If you want something smaller, the Pico seems to tick all the boxes (haven't got one in my collection, but after a few other isticks would gladly recommend this line).
One battery is enough to start with and you won't need a wall charger immediately, but I fully agree with @Andre - the LG HG2's have recently come under scrutiny and there are some fakes around (even the best vendors are not always immune to this type of thing). I would advise Samsung 30q's from VapeClub for 3000mah cells (same battery life as HG2's), otherwise Samsung 25r's (2500mah) available from many vendors, at least until the HG2 issue is sorted out.
Most important advice - use the forum. I'm sure you can see already what a helpful environment and resource it is to vapers at all levels.

Lads? Again another question? spoke to one of the few fellow vapers at work and he said u get an e-vape and an e-cig and that the box mods are e-vapes and nt condusive to quit smoking??? is this true? Ur ideas plse???

Lads? Again another question? spoke to one of the few fellow vapers at work and he said u get an e-vape and an e-cig and that the box mods are e-vapes and nt condusive to quit smoking??? is this true? Ur ideas plse???

He is talking through his neck.

I think you're better off listening to the good, informed and experienced people here (I'm wanting to be one of them one day) - but to answer your question, he's talking nonsense.

*edit, cause I forgot how to grammer.

Sounds like he's spewing enough horse shit to fertilise the entire Kalahari Desert!
An ecig is an electronic device that heats ejuice which contains nicotine, regardless of what battery is used.
A box mod is a means of containing batteries and variable wattage controls for end user ease of use.
Vape is the method of use of an ecig device and refers to the verb vapourising, Ive never heard of anyone referring to an e-vape device.
Your colleague needs an education...badly.

Don't listen to your friend please. Box mods are the only reason I actually quit smoking, tried Twisp and a few Chinese knockoffs but I always went back to smoking.
Then a Black eVic Mini Kit walked into my life.......

Thank you good and kind people duly noted now for the last time (coz im a noob) which tank for the pico im planning to get? i want nice flavour and a satisfying vape and dont want to have to refill at work, but if needs be obviously a top fill would be better? Im also not wanting something thats gonna be too heavy on the juice?

Yes i know i've asked a million times, but i only have this ONE chance to buy and dont wanna be dissapointed or make the wrong choice

Pico + melo3 based on your requirements.

I would go VTC mini + Bellus or Crius but thats just me :)

@ silver, would you then suggest getting the pico and then the top tank mini as opposed to the melo tank? Im sure i saw a 4ml melo tank as well???

Hi @Spongebob , i dont have experience with the Melo - sorry

Check with the vendor but I would imagine the only downside with the bigger tank is it may look a bit strange when attached to the pico or may be a bit tall. Check with the vendor first though. If both work fine then the bigger tank will require less frequent refilling. I think the consumption will depend on the coils and the power you use them at.

Back