Which hardware will u suggest???

Spongebob

Vaping Enthusiast
LV

Awards
Hi all

I'm a newbie, well almost lol. Started vaping last year with a Lung buddy pen tipe device, trying to quit stinkies and it went really well until the tank started leaking and i didn't have the means to replace it so went right back to stinkies

I replaced the tank last week and started vaping again as my GP is getting more and more adamant that i should quit, and after 34 years of smoking I now WANT to quit, but even though my current device still works fine, I find myself wanting more....!!! More hit and better nicotine intake, as my current device is just not enough to get me over the "hump" of leaving stinkies for good???

So? Suggestions? I have done some research and here are some criteria???
1. I dont like box type mods?
2. Was looking at the ijust 2 bt read to many complaints abt the button sticking and the large amount of juice consumed?
3. I dont want something thats gonna guzzle a bottle of juice a day and a coil a week???

When i started vaping again last week i bought a 10 ml bottle of e liquid and im still on the same bottle and coil after a week

Here are some devices i have looked at just as an indication of what i like: Vape X2O pro v, Vision Spinner 2, Kangertech Subvod Starter kit, EMOW Mega starter kit, E Leaf Ijust2 Start Plus

So with all my criteria your thoughts please?

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Hi bud and welcome to the forum.
I think your best bet looking at a pen style mod would be either a ego aio using the 0.5 ohm coil or the subvod. Those are one of the 2 best starting pen style mods for someone wanting to kick the bad habbit.
And both are pretty good in juice consumption.
Aio retails for around R350
And subvod for around R600

I agree with Clouds4Days on his hardware selection. Just want to mention than Kangertech is not famous for good paint finishes on their mods, so if you want to go for a Subvod, I'd suggest you go for a silver model. Also, the AIO I think uses the same coils as the Cubis tanks. Those 0.5 ohm coils provide relatively good flavour, they are not that thirsty and they are relatively cheap to replace. They did not last me very long though. Granted, I ran them on a Cubis and boxmod and I think I might have done too many long DTL hits on them.

All the best with kicking the stinkies. I might be worth while looking for something that you can start building your own coil on. Once you've started down that path, you will gain valuable knowledge and open up some more doors in terms of Pen Style Mech mods with RDA's. Something like the SMPL Mech Mod with a Velocity RDA.

Keep us posted on your choice and looking forward to see you around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with what clouds4days said. However you may want to consider a bigger better setup upfront because we all thought we didnt want big mods and juice guzzlers but once the bug bites it bites hard and you will be constantly upgrading. I would suggest a VTC mini kit or even a Pico.

I dont like box type mods?
eGo AIO.
Its closer to a dik koki than a pen style, but great value for the money. :)
...or an Innokin Cool Fire II in yellow for that "pineapple under the sea" look. :D
1777001-11.jpg

Fully agree, I had the Subvod for three weeks tops then got the VTC

Yep, get the Subvod! But I can almost promise you in 2 or 3 weeks you will want a box-shaped mod. I also thought they looked ridiculous and started off with a pen, but once you have a toot on one you'll find it hard to go back to the pen.

Welcome to the forum @Spongebob
Great suggestions from the guys above

I just wanted to add that if you want a stronger hit, you should also try using higher levels of nicotine in the liquids. 12mg or even 18mg. Especially if you are on the lower powered pen devices. This helps a lot to curb the nicotine cravings.

All the best and let us know how it goes

I have to say, If I were you, I would just go for an Evic VTC (or another boxmod) and get it over and done with. You WILL be wanting to upgrade in less time than 2 weeks, that's a promise. Also, one thing that concerns me, is that you pointed out about juice consumption.... pretty much all of us here use 1 tank a day MINIMUM....

Whatever you do just stay away from the Kanger EMOW MEGA, poor vapour production, shyte coils the device died in less than 2 weeks, swopped it at the vendor for an IJUST2 which is cheaper but way better IMO. Have 2 Ijust2, but agree with the peeps above, get a box mod, I hated the feel and look of boxmod's but couldn't resist a Second hand Evic Mini and Subtank mini and cant be happier.

iJust 2 is a great pen-type device, and can handle low resistance builds

I have to say, If I were you, I would just go for an Evic VTC (or another boxmod) and get it over and done with. You WILL be wanting to upgrade in less time than 2 weeks, that's a promise. Also, one thing that concerns me, is that you pointed out about juice consumption.... pretty much all of us here use 1 tank a day MINIMUM....

+1

Evic VTC Mini + Bellus or Crius would be the perfect way forward :)

Let's not suggest Mech Mods to new users. If they are capable they will find Mechs on their own.

Just better all round to keep new users on regulated devices.

I'll suggest the iStick Pico kit instead of a pen style kit with the Melo 3 mini tank, the mini is a 2ml tank.

But if you're a flavour chaser like me you will most likely fill that tank 5 times a day.

I use the Pico kit mainly at work.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Ok? So a quick update after some googling? the 3 i like best are,in no specific order, the Vision Spinner 2 bcoz of versatility, battery life and choice of tanks; the EMOW mega, despite the review, tank size and afc, and the eleaf ijust start plus, bcoz of ease of use. Your ideas/advice plse?

Ultimately i just want a device that will give me a GOOD,SATISFYING vape, with a battery that will last a full day and that won't require refilling during a work day i dont mind using a tank or more a day, i just dont want to use a bottle a day!

Ok? So a quick update after some googling? the 3 i like best are,in no specific order, the Vision Spinner 2 bcoz of versatility, battery life and choice of tanks; the EMOW mega, despite the review, tank size and afc, and the eleaf ijust start plus, bcoz of ease of use. Your ideas/advice plse?

Ultimately i just want a device that will give me a GOOD,SATISFYING vape, with a battery that will last a full day and that won't require refilling during a work day i dont mind using a tank or more a day, i just dont want to use a bottle a day!

Personally, of those I would have gone with the Vision Spinner for its variable voltage.

Mate, agree with @E.T. regards Emow Mega, also had poor experience with this device. Your choice entirely but your cash can go to better use on better set up. My vote would go to a Top Box mini.

By adding the words GOOD and SATISFYING in caps, you changed the parameters big time. Remember one gets used to vapour in a different way from smoke.

I would also suggest then looking at a device with variable wattage and the ability to take different tanks. There are box mods SMALLER and more convenient than pen style btw. I would suggest at least looking at suggestions like the iStick Pico (the 40w iStick is even smaller and cuter). A small box fits a pocket better than a long tube.

And you get cage mods that protect the tank making things even more compact.

But... nobody can really be satisfied with only a pen style and we all end up buying more anyhow. It is because vapour really isnt harsh in any way and once you are off the stinkies and your throat heals you do need a bit more power to feel like you inhaled something.

Hi @Spongebob
It seems you want a tube shaped mod

I had two of the first version Vision Spinners - they worked very well - used them with the mini protank 2
I dont know the Emow because I havent used it, but I agree with @Andre above, the Spinner is good because it has variable voltage so you can adjust your vape to your taste and to the juice.

But bear in mind that the Spinner batt is more for basic tanks - it cannot push out the power needed for the more modern tanks. Best to check with your supplier on that.

As for the iJust, i have the tank and not the mod. Its a more intense vape than the mini protank 2 type of tank. (I assume also more intense than the Emow) You get different coils to adjust the intensity of the vape because the iJust mod doesnt allow for variability. But i dont think the iJust tank can be powered by the Vision Spinner

For versatility it would prolly be a spinner2 with a Kanger mini Pro tank 3.
Most smokers have this mental stumbling block where they expect 1 cigarette sized vape device to be the equivalent of an entire box of cigs, doesnt work that way, its much easier to get the daily requirements from a box sized device.
Refilling 20 times a day would be somewhat annoying, so think of it as stuffing 20 batteries with their 1.2ml of juice into one convenient all day carry package... which is how the manufacturers arrived at the present devices.

Agree with the guys above. Those batteries you are thinking of buying won't last long.

If you want the current pinnacle of size vs performance then you want the Pico kit.

Pro's
: very popular coils means you will never be wanting
: fits aspire coils and Ijust coils
: 2ml capacity economy tank
: smallest possible size of 18650 mod
: broken battery doesn't mean chuck your mod you replace an 18650 battery
: USB charging
: can run any 22mm tank on the market

Cons
: not a tube

@Spongebob I also came from the world of the hopeless lung buddy devices. What I can tell you is that the devices you're looking at are outdated, they were ever so slightly better than what you started on but in reality they also won't carry you very far before frustration sets in. Please consider what has been said already, devices like the Topbox Mini are great, they provide more flexibility and longevity and allow for future upgrading. If size really concerns you then the eLeaf iStick Pico is quite frankly brilliant.

I also believe that everyone should own a Joyetech AIO, it's a great starter at an unbeatable price, when you outgrow it then it becomes a very handy backup device. Everyone needs at least one backup device :nerd:

Back