While you waited...

playa4life

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
When you Vape Veterans just got started, what did you do while you waited on your first online purchase to arrive? I'm itching to start vaping but my order is around 50 days away from being in my hands.
Not sure if the wait is going to kill me first or the stinkies I'm smoking while I wait for my AL85 t be delivered!!!! :mad::mad::mad::giggle::giggle::giggle:
Waiting sucks!!!
:tiburon:

Love this forum btw!!! Great community!

When you Vape Veterans just got started, what did you do while you waited on your first online purchase to arrive? I'm itching to start vaping but my order is around 50 days away from being in my hands.
Not sure if the wait is going to kill me first or the stinkies I'm smoking while I wait for my AL85 t be delivered!!!! :mad::mad::mad::giggle::giggle::giggle:
Waiting sucks!!!

Dude, where'd you order from? The Lost City of Atlantis? I would have no hair left on my body from all the pulling while waiting so long for something I need.

I didnt wait at all. I cant remember so lekker but I think I got my first (cigalike) from e-ciggies or vapour mountain, the second from Twisp (clearo1) and the 3rd from VapeMob (Titan kit)... everything was same day. The longest Ive waited without a vape was 1 day, was a sunday and twisp was closed (had an Ego One at the time and the battery just died)

I ordered from Hong Kong directly. Cost was the biggest driver behind me ordering online vs getting the same thing locally. Except for the wait, I basically got the item for less than half of what I would have paid locally. Didn't think the wait would drive me this crazy though.
Free shipping takes a whilwhile and a day. Lol.

I ordered from Hong Kong directly. Cost was the biggest driver behind me ordering online vs getting the same thing locally. Except for the wait, I basically got the item for less than half of what I would have paid locally. Didn't think the wait would drive me this crazy though.

Theres usually a schlep associated with cost savings lol. So yeah you pay just over half the cost, but if you had ordered locally, you get the support (customer services and warrantees) and next day delivery (and supporting the local folk to bring us even more goodies).

Big ups on making the switch though man. Hope you dont go too crazy waiting for your stuff.

Unfortunately whatever delivery time they estimate on the site expect the most number of days and then some. Free shipping = verrrrryyyy long wait. It normally takes months and then they sometimes get lost in transit too. We'll done on taking the vaping plunge though.

Some disappointment can be a given when you let price be the driving force of your purchase decisions.

Waiting sucks!!!

Yeah the waiting sucks, I waited 2 months for my RoseV3 clone from China, almost lost interest by the time it arrived. :)

In another shipping twist I ordered a 3D printer (Anet A6 from GB) and 2 months later they were still sukkeling with my city/zip code.
I cancelled, got a fast refund and have since decided to only buy from SA suppliers.

It gets kinda expensive buying vape distract items to tide you over during shipping waits, so I take it out on Vaas' pirates (FarCry3) and dish out shotgun facials all around. :D

Said the guy with his dollars in hand

You have no idea how much I give up to have the money in hand for vaping. :shake: It literally includes everything out and about, a lot of even staple items & things that probably few if any of you or your family does without, non essential things to me that would be essential to you/your family, and all the frivolous things except for vaping. I can make that choice because I have no family, only myself to care for.

Holding thumbs you get your vape soon @playa4life

In general, if something is available locally I will get it here, even if its more expensive. For me there are a few reasons for this.

Firstly, supporting our local vendors here supports the local vape community. We would not have been where we are today (regarding vaping in SA) if we werent supporting the local vendors.

Second is the issue of warranties and returns. I enjoy building relationships with several local vendors. If something is wrong, they usually resolve it quickly and efficiently. Has happened to me a few times. Resolving these situations with international vendors can be very tiring and costly with shipping etc.

I wasn't trying to take anything away from the local community. I respect the free market system and wish every entrepreneur the best for their business... especially local entrepreneurs.
Will definitely make use of local next time around.
Thanks to all for this wonderful community.
PS: Can you/anyone suggest a trustworthy local Cape Town vendor where I could get an authentic LG HG2 "choc" from at the best price?

I wasn't trying to take anything away from the local community. I respect the free market system and wish every entrepreneur the best for their business... especially local entrepreneurs.
Will definitely make use of local next time around.
Thanks to all for this wonderful community.
PS: Can you/anyone suggest a trustworthy local Cape Town vendor where I could get an authentic LG HG2 "choc" from at the best price?

Check this out @playa4life
http://vaporize.co.za/shop/lg-hg2-18650-3000mah-high-drain-lithium-battery-4-x-18650/
4 chocs for R600
Vaporize.co.za - based in CT

Thanx for the link.
4 is a bit much but will see if I can find someone willing to go 50/50 month end. I'd like to get all my supplies ready while I wait on my device to be delivered. That gives me, at most, a 4 - 6 week lead time to acquire all my goodies.
I guess the long wait does have it's advantages, albeit minimal. Lol

Waiting sucks!!!

My first buy was over the counter. I did order from other countries on occasion but that was way back when there was no regulations and or confusion regarding import of e cig stuff. I also had family members who were visiting from other countries mule the goods across borders but this never took longer than a week.

My longest wait... The ESG Skyline!! Still waiting hahaha

You have no idea how much the waiting is driving me up the wall. I feel so guilty everytime I light a cigarette.

Lol, @playa4life , take a pic of yourself lighting up a cig while browsing the forum
You can keep it for prosperity ;-)

Prosperity also works. You will be a lot better off now that you are vaping, @playa4life. Especially in health terms. Financially... mmmm... let's not focus on that right now. :D

I can't wait for my device to finally arrive. I think I have become the creepy guy at work who looks at other enviously as they vape while I sit their smoking my stinkie and feeling guilty at the same time. Lol
In terms of health, I definitely felt a lot better the next morning after vaping on my brother's PICO Mega the day before.
In terms of finances, I'm trying to introduce vaping into my budget gradually. So, by the time my device arrives I won't have to fork out any cash at least for the month that follows.
My plans are:
End April: Get at least 1 LG HG2. If I can find someone willing to go 50/50 on the 4 x LG HG2 batteries that was suggested then I'd do that.
End of May: Get at least 2 x juices from reputable suppliers.
End of June: Get a 2 Bay External 18650 charger.

Hopefully I would have my hands on my AL85 by the end of June
:rofl::pancarta:

Back