Wicking methods?

Vinay

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi there Vape Community!

So a thought has been running through my mind this past week. From watching vaping videos off of YouTube for a long while. I've noticed that different people wick their coils differently.
One of the 2 ways I usually wick my coils are cutting off a thread on the sheet of cotton and wicking thereafter.
Another method someone once showed me was peeling off the top layer of the sheet and rolling it and wick thereafter.
PS: I use UD cotton pads
I find that both vape differently and on different coil builds one method would supersede the other.
Are there any other ways to prepare your cotton for the coil?
Please share your wicking methods and which work best for You! I'm looking for new things to try

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

When I use pads, I also snip it into strips. Take off the one outer layer, roll wick, fluff, fill and vape.

When I use CottonBacon V2, it is alot easier, split a piece that is enough for the coil, wick, fluff, fill and vape.

When I use pads, I also snip it into strips. Take off the one outer layer, roll wick, fluff, fill and vape.

When I use CottonBacon V2, it is alot easier, split a piece that is enough for the coil, wick, fluff, fill and vape.
Enough said... nothing more than that needs to be done!

Topic closed hahaha!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

CBv2
I stretch it out so it's basically see through, then I roll it, like the Scottish Roll....
Wick, fluff vape
Nom noms

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I build my coil, place it, position it, dry fire to see all is well, then...

Me: Lovie, can i asks huge favour?

Lovie: yes??? (With cynical look)

Me: please please please wick this for me, I shall make you a hot cuppa...

Lovie: Ja fine. (With death stare)

After which follows amazingly good vaping, with java :-D:-D

CBv2
I stretch it out so it's basically see through, then I roll it, like the Scottish Roll....
Wick, fluff vape
Nom noms

Interesting, I never tried CBv2 with the scottish roll method (usually I do scottish roll on the pads/strips only). I should give it a shot on my next pitstop.

Interesting, I never tried CBv2 with the scottish roll method (usually I do scottish roll on the pads/strips only). I should give it a shot on my next pitstop.
I've seen a YouTube video about when I first started building. I think you really need to have faith in yourself that you aren't wrecking the CBv2 and you have to go rather gently.

Now I'm more confident with my wicking I think I should give it another bash.

You have to be very gentle, and make sure the thickness is even, and the "block" is square before you roll.
When you get it right.... damn it's wicks fast as hell

Bacon cotton v2 is definitely very easy to work with and has minimal taste. It doesnt really tear when rewicking.
Definitely not much too it.
Wick fluff and puff.

I must Add: Avocado 24mm
Very tricky to wick. There is not much space to work with. I usually fluff out the cotton and then shape them into triangles and then cut off the top half.
This makes the wicks fatter on top and easier to fit into the wick holes.
Allowing you to turn up the watts and avoid dry hits.

Hope this help those with Avos

For me, rewicking a dripper is a lot quicker than rewicking a tank.

For drippers, I pull out the old wicks, clean the coils, split the cotton so it'll fit, roll it a bit, roll the end of one side tight to pass the first bit through easily, pull the cotton through, cut off excess, fluff the ends ever so slightly, then tuck 'em down and drip.

Tanks, however, take considerably longer. I remove the cotton, then think about how annoying it is to wick tanks and reflect on all the choices I've made in life that led to this moment. I then realise that the wick in another atomizer is quite fresh and proceed to use that instead, forgetting about the tank until I really want want to use it again. Which could be in a few hours or up to a week.

Drippers are far quicker to wick. In fact, after crunching the numbers, drippers can be about 1000 times quicker to wick than tank

Last edited:
Hi there Vape Community!

So a thought has been running through my mind this past week. From watching vaping videos off of YouTube for a long while. I've noticed that different people wick their coils differently.
One of the 2 ways I usually wick my coils are cutting off a thread on the sheet of cotton and wicking thereafter.
Another method someone once showed me was peeling off the top layer of the sheet and rolling it and wick thereafter.
PS: I use UD cotton pads
I find that both vape differently and on different coil builds one method would supersede the other.
Are there any other ways to prepare your cotton for the coil?
Please share your wicking methods and which work best for You! I'm looking for new things to try

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I've been building and wicking for a while now but until recently I never realized how critical proper wicking is. Not only in techniques but also different material used in each different tank or dripper.Like you I have watched many video tutorials but one stands out in my opinion and that is Advanced Vapes, wicking is stressed in his tutorials and he is truly the "Wick Master" IMO.

I use CBV2 (Rayon in the OL16 only) and I have a pretty standardized wicking method all across the board. The only difference is how much I comb out the wicks which varies from tank to tank. I have this obsessive nature when it comes to the neatness of my wicks so I try to stay away from the highly efficient bow tie technique as much as possible. I wick tight, with good resistance, trim my twisted end off then use my fingertips to flick the wick tails back and forth until they open out really fluffy... Use the hooked tweezers to comb em out, the amount of combing is key and the only variable. trim the fuzzies and do some finger play again... then the hooked tweezers grabs the whole wick tail and into the the port/slot/juice hole they go, in one swift movement. I then prime the wicks and fire them till its semi-dry. then i neaten em out so they look pretty and even and neat. Assemble the tank and fill. I then leave it to stand on its own somewhere to monitor if there's any leaking etc. Once this process is complete and the wicks are resaturated I then put it on a mod and start working my way up the wattage until I find a sweet spot. Dial it back 2-3W from that sweet spot to account for residual heat and chain vaping and I'm pretty much good to go.

Back