Wicking

Eti1

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi all. My flavour wicks on my evods are looking abit roasted so im planning to buy silica this week. Super noob question but, does silica wick come in different sizes? I dont want to buy the wrong stuff so any advice would be awesome.

Thanks

Get the 1.5mm silica , i personally remove 1 or 2 strands for more efficient wicking , this depends on the juice you vape

Thanks guys. @Harryssss what kind of cotton do you use?

@shabbar i have been using 1 flavour wick. The more VG the less flavour wick right?

Do you use one of those electronics magnifying glass stands to put them together? Or your eyes good enough? :shake:

Na pretty easy! rebuild the coils and re wick. Just built a interesting oval micro coil last night and work great
& wicks like a dream. Found that I have more coil service so it fires warmer and pulls juice better. Eti1 using organic cotton balls.

I took one of my protank 2 coils pulled out the wick and removed the flavour wicks. Replaced it with Dove Cottonwool and omg what a difference. Even using the sigle coil with cotton in my mpt3. I really recommed using cotton instead of silica

The cotton does work well just don`t pull it dry & wait or prime it with juice first. burnt cotton tastes k#*

I took one of my protank 2 coils pulled out the wick and removed the flavour wicks. Replaced it with Dove Cottonwool and omg what a difference. Even using the sigle coil with cotton in my mpt3. I really recommed using cotton instead of silica
Rather get organic cotton from Dischem, much saver.

Totally agree !!!!!! The cotton balls work nice if you unroll it. Thanks to Peterharis who showed me the way!!

Thanks guys, im gonna give the cotton a try

Sent on the line

Old post i know.... but I think what i need to know will fit in here.

So I had an Kayfun for some time and never had issues with burning taste on a cotton wick.
Then I bought an IPV and dropped the ohms - naturally leading to increased watts - I found (and I might be completely wrong here) that i play with the watts up or down so that the volts stay in the 4.0 - 4.2 range.

As I said never had a problem with burning cotton until the IPV comes along, now I need to replace the wick daily...
I tried silica yesterday - but that taste like kkk...

I have the same problem on both Kayfuns.

Please help :sweating:

So I had an Kayfun for some time and never had issues with burning taste on a cotton wick.
Then I bought an IPV and dropped the ohms - naturally leading to increased watts - I found (and I might be completely wrong here) that i play with the watts up or down so that the volts stay in the 4.0 - 4.2 range.

As I said never had a problem with burning cotton until the IPV comes along, now I need to replace the wick daily...

I found the kayfun/russian performs best with a 0.9-1.5 ohm build at 8-12w. Everything else I tried gave a k@k vape or burnt wicks.

Thats my opinion only but yeah I owned a few.

I am currently running a kayfun 1ohm coil at 20W and it seems to be working fine for me. Maybe it is in the coil setup you have

Wicks come if various sizes as mentioned above. I would recommend 2mm for your build. If it doesnt juice enough (dry hit) just remove a strand or two. If it floods then add a strand or two.

Like many said above cotton is the way to go. Imo its also miles easier! You can wrap a beautiful coil and only then put the wick in whereas qith silica its difficult to put the wick in after the coil wrapped.

Try cotton. You wont regret it!

Try make the wick smaller perhaps?

A burn is 9/10 because it isnt juicing enough.

You can also get a burn if wick to small and isnt touching all sides of the coil.

I am currently running a kayfun 1ohm coil at 20W and it seems to be working fine for me. Maybe it is in the coil setup you have

Thanks @Riddle

Wicks come if various sizes as mentioned above. I would recommend 2mm for your build. If it doesnt juice enough (dry hit) just remove a strand or two. If it floods then add a strand or two.

Like many said above cotton is the way to go. Imo its also miles easier! You can wrap a beautiful coil and only then put the wick in whereas qith silica its difficult to put the wick in after the coil wrapped.

Try cotton. You wont regret it!

Thanks @StangV2_0 I tried dropping the watts and changing wicks ( I suspect my tails were to short) and It seems to have been the problem. On the IPV it seems as if the coil still glows for a few milliseconds after you let go of the fire button so I also need to change the way I take a drag also - Might also be the thicker wire causing this?
I am running a 2mm coil on 1.3 Ohm at around 11.5 Watts with 26G Kanthral now and I have not had a burn again.
I wrapped another coil for my other KF with 30G and that can go to 13.5 Watt before it burns.
So me thinks its my own stupidity and I just need to play a bit more...
I will do a 1 Ohm with 28G today and see what happens :--P

Back