Wire type versus resistance

Stranger

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
Yesterday it was the turn of the Vapefly RDTA for a pit stop and when scratching in my drawer I spotted the Geek vape 3*26/36 N80 clapton

As the Vapefly goes on a mech I did not want too low a build but to get to around.3 or .35 meant a huge 8.5 wraps @ 3 mm ID. This was going to be a big coil.

To cut a long story short, I shoehorned it into the deck, made sure there was no shorts, wicked it nicely and gave it a go.

Well, the vape is great .. thick dense clouds, lot's of sizzle on the coil, short draw to get loads of vapour. Flavour is on point, nothing to complain about except for the size of the coil.

Now this has me thinking: What multi wire gives higher or lower resistance. I have some single core N80 clapton wire that I use on other tanks and know that I can easily get .4-.5 on 4.5 wraps on a 2mm ID and similar on Comp wire 26 awg twisted. There is so much choice I wanted to ask.

What are you using?

Copy and paste and add yours please

Type: 26*3/36 clapton
Wire: N80
Wire size: 26 & 36
ID 3 mm
Wraps 8.5
Ohms .3

Last edited:
You did say multi-wire :rolleyes:, so I didn't post.
I'm primarily a mesh user for the time being, as SS Clapton (32 2+38), has become like hens teeth in SA, albeit that I have successfully used 11T-3mm of 28g SS316 as a substitute against 6T-3mm of the aforementioned Clapton wire to give 1.27 Ohms in my Hellvape MD.
I also use plain round wire, (Stainless and Kanthal), in my RDA's ;)

Yesterday it was the turn of the Vapefly RDTA for a pit stop and when scratching in my drawer I spotted the Geek vape 3*26/36 N80 clapton

As the Vapefly goes on a mech I did not want too low a build but to get to around.3 or .35 meant a huge 8.5 wraps @ 3 mm ID. This was going to be a big coil.

To cut a long story short, I shoehorned it into the deck, made sure there was no shorts, wicked it nicely and gave it a go.

Well, the vape is great .. thick dense clouds, lot's of sizzle on the coil, short draw to get loads of vapour. Flavour is on point, nothing to complain about except for the size of the coil.

Now this has me thinking: What multi wire gives higher or lower resistance. I have some single core N80 clapton wire that I use on other tanks and know that I can easily get .4-.5 on 4.5 wraps on a 2mm ID and similar on Comp wire 26 awg twisted. There is so much choice I wanted to ask.

What are you using?

Copy and paste and add yours please

Type: 26*3/36 clapton
Wire: N80
Wire size: 26 & 36
ID 3 mm
Wraps 8.5
Ohms .3
Parallel your Clapton's ,but first check resistance before using on a mech.
4-5 wraps each. Maybe also 3 each

Back