Wire vs Prebuilt

Rivera

Mixer & Metalhead
LV

Awards
Am I the only one who actually prefers my own simple wrapped coils to the prebuilt ones? o_O

I initially bought prebuilt aliens and decided to compare by popping in my own wrap with Clapton wire I still had from a while back. Aliens SHOULD be better right?!

I waaaay prefer my own wrap! Hits quicker and the flavour is ample.

Only recently got back into rebuildables after a long time between stinkies and then pod systems. :-D

sure, things like RTA, RDA, wattage, resistance etc etc etc

but it's great you found your groove

vape on !

No, you are not the only one.

I do enjoy a well made prebuilt coil, including but not limited to @charln creations (BVC and Custom) and Coilology Tri-Core Fused Claptons.

I do also enjoy my own wraps, comp wire for MTL and Flatwire for my Tauren RDTA's.

At the end of the day, like @vicTor said, if you have tried and tested and found what you love and prefer, it is a win no matter which way you lean to.

Are the claptons that you used made by yourself?

Welcome to the forum @Rivera .

During the early days of vaping, we debated everything. We all developed firm opinions about coils, cotton, juice, attys, etc. To some extent, this was to be expected because developments wrt hardware were coming in thick and fast. Around four years ago significant, game-changing developments wrt mods dried up. A decent four-year-old mod can produce pretty much the same vape experience as a new one.

Atty development took a bit longer, but there are many experienced vapers who vape on three-year-old attys and insist that they are still the best (at least for them).

The great coil debate still hasn't ended. With MTL it has even gone full circle for some. Many of them are using simple single strand coils like those we all started out on.

The area that we have the most consensus on is safety, although even here some push the limits.

I think that the consensus is that whatever works for you is the best.

Plain wire for me. Tried all the hoo-ha coils and came back to plain old round wire. Not even Clapton.

With all this talk about wire and premade I decided to wind a 26g spaced coil... something I haven't done in a couple of years! Not a bad vape at all. I'm impressed actually! Love the no crackle of a spaced coil.
Coil 26g 1.jpg Coil 26g 2.jpg Coil 26g 3.jpg

I don't see the need for all the flappy-stapled-clappy-alien malarkey. I did however finally figure out half-decent wicking a while ago, so I don't need the safety net of temp control anymore. Dual 3-odd mm 5.5 wrap coils in 24ga Ni80 and I'm quite happy... I suppose I look a bit of an almost middle-aged cloudbro with my OXVA Arbiter 2 at full tilt, but it sure is tasty.

Vandy Vape 28g dual core fused clapton wire has been working for me for years. Use it in my Intake Dual RTA. Excellent flavour, quick ramp up and lasts a long time before having to replace them. Don't see the need to pay 10x times more for fancy pre-built coils.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Vandy Vape 28g dual core fused clapton wire has been working for me for years. Use it in my Intake Dual RTA. Excellent flavour, quick ramp up and lasts a long time before having to replace them. Don't see the need to pay 10x times more for fancy pre-built coils.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Love this! Feel the same :)

Back