Worst flavourings you have come across?

KZOR

Proudly South African Vaper
LV

Awards
Bellville, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Just had to start this topic after I received my new batch of goodies earlier.
Included, and the one I was looking most forward to, was TFA : Cream soda.

Of the 80+ flavourings I have this is by far the worst by being worlds apart from what I know as cream soda.
If you really concentrate hard while smelling and tasting it then you might get a 5% hint of cream soda.
Damn ....what a disappointment.

Would be nice to hear if others have a similar experience with a certain flavouring.

There are so many that I decided to compile a list of "shaky ground" concentrates :

CAP : Bacon
CAP : Dragon Fruit
CAP : Glazed Donut
Cly : Amaretto
Cly : Milk Tart
FA : Bread Crust
FA : Pineapple
FLV : Crunch Cereal
FW : Cafe Coffee
FW : Chai
INW : Wild Strawberry
Loco : Passionfruit
TFA : Cheesecake
TFA : Coconut
TFA : Coconut Extra
TFA : Cream soda
TFA : Honey
TFA : Honeydew II
TFA : Pomegranate
TFA : Ripe Banana
TFA : Tiramisu
TFA : Vbic
TFA : Watermelon Candy
TFA : White Chocolate
Vapeowave : Marshmallow and Cream
Unknown makers : Quava, Papaya

Last edited:
Guava, Tastes like polony LOL. Cannot remember if its CAP or TFA

Just had to start this topic after I received my new batch of goodies earlier.
Included, and the one I was looking most forward to, was TFA : Cream soda.

Of the 80+ flavourings I have this is by far the worst by being worlds apart from what I know as cream soda.
If you really concentrate hard while smelling and tasting it then you might get a 5% hint of cream soda.
Damn ....what a disappointment.

Would be nice to hear if others have a similar experience with a certain flavouring.
eish hade bro, I had similar situation with an orange concentrate. after the first pull I knew I f'd up

Clyrolinx Iron Bru made me want to chunder, tried it at 2%, dumped the concentrate immediately.

I have FA Bread Crust, ordered it not knowing anything about it, but as soon as I take my mixing box out everything smells like it. Been too scared to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, @moonunit, FA Bread Crust is legendary for its pungent aroma. My own worst experiences have been with:

1) Cly Milk Tart. I just couldn't coax anything other than dusty perfume from it, very disappointing as it's the only milk tart I know. And then...

2) I made a mix with FA Forrest Mix and Vapeowave Marshmallow and Cream. It was disgusting perfume which simultaneously turned my stomach and gave me an instant headache. I know it's not the FA Forrest Mix that is bad which leaves one of the two local flavours. I'm not even going to find out which one as I now have the FA Creams and Marshmallow to use. So I'll write off both of the local flavours as learning curve mistakes. Although it's quite possible that my own n00bishness ruined a decent flavour. It was back in the day when I believed that adding 'only' 4% was going light on a flavour. So these flavours might be decent at the 0.5-1.5% range at which creams and marshmallows are typically used. Dang, I'll have to work up some courage to try them again, though. I don't mind a nasty or pungent flavour. But feeling immediately ill from it is a bridge too far.

TFA Honey, my first DIY order. It's cat piss, they made a cat piss in a bottle and they sold it to me... I'm sure of this.

Had some CLY disasters... amaretto is just plain bad. No matter how little I added, it just tasted chemical and no hint of amaretto taste. Smelled quite nice though. Watermelon was just weird, not watermelonny at all... the cherry smelled like those cheap no name lollipops with the paper sticks and tasted chemically too. It was a horrible intro to diy for me as these were 3 of the 5 flavours I bought for my first efforts. Been having success since though. Dont know how I managed to pick 3 out of 5 non vapable flavours on my first go... almost made me quit diy.

Is TFA Cheesecake as bad as it's made out to be? That one is always cited as "the worst DIY flavour ever made" so I've always avoided it. Although apparently Flavorah have a new candidate with Brie Cheese.

Had some CLY disasters... amaretto is just plain bad. No matter how little I added, it just tasted chemical and no hint of amaretto taste. Smelled quite nice though. Watermelon was just weird, not watermelonny at all... the cherry smelled like those cheap no name lollipops with the paper sticks and tasted chemically too. It was a horrible intro to diy for me as these were 3 of the 5 flavours I bought for my first efforts. Been having success since though. Dont know how I managed to pick 3 out of 5 non vapable flavours on my first go... almost made me quit diy.
Amaretto yup I agree. Potent stuff that. Watermelon and cherry I have used successfully in one or two of my son's fruit mixes and he seems ok with it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

TFA Watermelon Candy - Tastes like throat burn. Seriously that's all I get from it, hardly any flavour and massive TH.

TFA Watermelon Candy - Tastes like throat burn. Seriously that's all I get from it, hardly any flavour and massive TH.

I have some and goes nice either with kiwi or strawberry, no TH for me? Thats weird. Unless i have just watermelon and not candi

I have some and goes nice either with kiwi or strawberry, no TH for me? Thats weird. Unless i have just watermelon and not candi

The Watermelon is fine for me but the Watermelon Candy is just TH for me. I have a mate that loves it and the burn it gives, each to his own I guess LOL

Tried making the monster melons clone a while ago. The papaya just really didn't agree with me and I Threw the 50ml down the sink. After a weekend long battle to get the taste out of the atty I tried it all again at 3% once again had to flush the lot.

Possibly a bad bottle but it is indescribably awful, put me off the whole monster melons idea.

Worst ever was Bacon Concentrate... the courier guy delivered it and within 2 minutes of me bringing the parcel into the house my wife told me to take it out the house... the little bottle ended up in the boat house... eventually @ET stole it to make a juice... not sure if he ever vaped it? :confused:

Worst ever was Bacon Concentrate... the courier guy delivered it and within 2 minutes of me bringing the parcel into the house my wife told me to take it out the house... the little bottle ended up in the boat house... eventually @ET stole it to make a juice... not sure if he ever vaped it? :confused:

Good thing I haven't seen bacon at any of our local vendors in that case, I would have bought that in a heartbeat.

Scratch that off the list

Is TFA Cheesecake as bad as it's made out to be? That one is always cited as "the worst DIY flavour ever made" so I've always avoided it. Although apparently Flavorah have a new candidate with Brie Cheese.
TFA cheesecake has this really bad note that lingers on your mod, hands and fingers, it is absolutely horrible. Another horrible flavor is TFA ripe banana, overpowers some mixes at 0.1%

TFA Cream Soda was disappointing but not in essence a bad tasting concentrate. The worst one for me has got to be TFA Coconut Extra, I am still unsure of why it even exists.

@Rob Fisher Bacon is great, it's just like Bacon Kips biscuits. With a bit of Maple Syrup it's even better but yes, it needs to be handled outdoors.

Now @Rob Fisher and @TommyL have got me thinking:

2% FA Bread Crust
4% Bacon
1.5% Flavorah Brie Cheese
0.5% TFA Ripe Banana
0.5% FA Black Fire

for a slightly charred toasted bacon, banana and cheese? You okes don't have to vape it. @BumbleBee and I will polish off the lot. Unless @Soutie gets there first.

Back