ZEUS Dual

Thanks a lot for your confidence and support to Geekvape !

Recently upgraded to the Zeus Dual. Pretty impressed. Running dual single core stainless claptons, 0.25 ID, 6 wraps, coming in at 0.24 ohms. Great flavour and good vapours. I upgraded from my Kylin v2 (which I loved)....just could not carry on with the constant leaking.

Vaped off a friends zeus dual because I could not bring myself to love the zeus single-I literally could not get flavour out of it.

However,the dual really does justice and I do plan on getting one of my own pretty soon.
Well done @geekvape

@Steyn777 This RTA has a lot of airflow. If you look at the deck, you'll see that the airflow hits the coil on the side. If you build a too big coil or if your coil is positioned too close to that airflow, you will get very little to no airflow.

If your coil is positioned incorrectly (you place the coil in the wrong direction; wicks placed in airflow instead of wicking ports) you will not get airflow.

Make sure that you are in no way blocking the airflow at the deck. Post a picture of your build so we can see what's happening.

Jeez them coils are too high!

I am running 2.5mm ID 2x28g/36g Ni80 Kidney puncher coils 0.31 ohm, positioned quite centered but not touching each other and you can see the bottom of the coils when looking through the airflow holes on a flat surface.

60 - 70w clouds and flavour for days.

Maybe your coils are so high you are blocking the chimney therefore no airflow

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Just got home, busy redoing everything. The block was because of juice, not sure how or why etc but after the 3rd ml I swallowed I knew. Lol

The fact that nobody was seriously injured today should be a reflection on my character....

Bare with me:

I made sure that I had everything I would need to fire up this Rta as soon as I had it. The coils I made was perfect, higher ohms than I'm used to but beautiful. Unfortunately 1 of the 4 legs broke when I tightened the screw so I couldn't use them. From sit down to this incident took about 45 minutes. I still can't feel anything in 3 of my fingers of my right hand. The build deck is insanely small (to what I'm used to) the flathead screws was not well thought out and the tool provided to fasten and loosen said screws kinda struggles to fit between mod and deck. So I had to buy 2 coils to continue...this was actually physically painful to me but the price was good. Way bigger than intended so the piece of cotton bacon prime I packed also had no use anymore. Then the airflow saga occurred, and before I could really find an answer, my phone's battery died...

20180609_194235.jpg
This is the build I decided on when I started from scratch as I got home...and I chose that build because that's the wire I had available and I just couldn't find the will to redo the previous ones.
Getting rid of like 60% of the cotton you originally insert makes no sense to me, fluffing it like it's a full time job also no idea why but I followed the advice given.

Wad it worth it? ABSOFREAKINLUTELY!!
I really didn't expect to be this impressed with any tank and I bought it for the sole purpose of convenience while driving...that has now changed. Awesome flavour, damn nice clouds, no leaking whatsoever and it's damn sexy!

Can run it at higher than normal wattages and it stays cool but provides a much denser feel.

To @Moerse Rooikat and also @vicTor you guys are the main reason I decided on this Rta and you deserve a massive thank you. This is the thing you buy for someone you want to start Vaping and this makes me excited because I have family in mind.

:campeon:

Hi @RainstormZA - thought about the Dual and had already set the single one up and received a couple extra Zeus’s - and the single coil Zeus is just so amazing - no leaks - I’ve still got @BumbleBee ’s Machete going through it - a coffee eliquid from the magician himself - and mounted on the Aegis - the Flame Drip Tip - custom turned also from @BumbleBee - and this is the set up from my notes:

G/Vape Zeus 24 - Machete
RTA - Single Coil Build
Wire : Ni80
Type : Framed Staples
Gauge : 4x0.4mm/2x30/40Ga
@smilelykumeenit
ID : 3mm
Wraps : 5.5
Spacing : 0.5mm
Leg Length : 5mm
Mod - VW : Geekvape Aegis 100w
Ohms : 0.34
Watts : 38 to 48
Cotton : Cotton Candy
eJuice : The Vape Guy - Machete
eJuice Mix : 60/40
Nicotine : 0mg
Purchased : 26/01/2018
Stored : 4 Weeks
Assembled : 25/02/2018 and still enjoying the Coffee

I had the same issue til @smilelykumeenit helped me out. So far no burnt coils or cotton. I promised him not to tell as it's a secret and he will post it in his tips thread tomorrow.

If you can hang on and wait for his tip, I promise you that you will love it long time

WoW thats just......WoW........no offence to you @RainstormZA

Back