All Things Reo

Hi all. I amnot sure where to ask this, so would the moderators please advise. I've quit the stinkies more than a year ago thanks to vaping and got myself a REO Grand lp in November last year from @Oupa. About two months ago i've quit vaping to and is very proud to say smoke and vape free. I would like to sell my REO with Reomiser 2 some kanthal, bottles ect. but have no idea what a second hand REO sells for any more. I know everybody is going to ask for photos and tell me to advertise it in the classified section and i will, but i would also like to say a very Thank you to this forum and all its members for always helping and giving advice. Surely one of the friendliest forums i have ever seen
Great stuff. A huge congrats. And thank you for the kind words.
I know @r0gue z0mbie is looking for a Reo, maybe PM him.
As to pricing - just check the classifieds archive section to get an idea - many Reos sold there.
All the best. Feel free to pop in for just a chat.

Hi all. I amnot sure where to ask this, so would the moderators please advise. I've quit the stinkies more than a year ago thanks to vaping and got myself a REO Grand lp in November last year from @Oupa. About two months ago i've quit vaping to and is very proud to say smoke and vape free. I would like to sell my REO with Reomiser 2 some kanthal, bottles ect. but have no idea what a second hand REO sells for any more. I know everybody is going to ask for photos and tell me to advertise it in the classified section and i will, but i would also like to say a very Thank you to this forum and all its members for always helping and giving advice. Surely one of the friendliest forums i have ever seen

Hi @Gonzales
Congrats on your efforts to quit stinkies - sorry to see you quitting vaping as well - but congrats nonetheless. So long. Wishing you all the best for your smoke and vapour free future...

As for 2nd hand Reos, a new one with RM2 at VM is about R3,000. So I would say a good 2nd hand price is in the region of R2,000. But dont only take my word for it, check out the Classifieds and see for yourself.

When you post your ad, try be as descriptive as possible. (Eg Sub ohm contacts, stock/asjusted airhole on RM2)

All the best.

Thanks guys. Will surely keep in touch and will always be referring people to this forum
Yes rOgue you are spot on about the RM2, it is not made to be a lung hitting atty. This one is standard. I will put it in the classifieds later on

Thank you ;-)
I am just waiting to see if @zadiac will be selling his, in which case I have asked to buy it.

I will be selling to you mate. Just waiting for an overseas modder to confirm with me about selling one of his wooden mods to me. This will all probably be happening on Monday or Tuesday.

Just a thought that I totally agree with from the modmaster that I could not help but share --

"A Reo is a tool like a hammer or a fine wood chisel they never go out of date. Learn how to use it maintain it and it will be by your side for the rest of your life . I think this is something lots of people miss or don't understand . Its a old school tool in a modern world . The whole roast your lung cloud chasing fad will pass eventually one has to ask himself why am I doing this . Slamming through massive amounts of juice ripping through batteries like a hog on a bucket of slop . Eventually people get back to there lives and blowing massive clouds doesn't really fit into most peoples daily activities .

The sad part is were the green horns start there vaping journey today . They never even try a nice single coil build at a respectable ohm . They start out chasing the cloud on a 40 pound atty . Its to bad it has to be this way I could go on and on but I wont and I would probably offend someone and that is not my intent . That is my rant enjoy the day:) :)"

:hi: Okay bye now

Am I correct in thinking RM2's are not lung-hitting atty's?
As far as I know the airholes are small

Hi @r0gue z0mbie
Sorry for the late response, dont know if it helps anymore
But yes, the RM2 is designed for mouth to lung
Unbelievable flavour when configured correctly. And monstrous throat hit with the right juice and coil placement. Its not however a big cloud producer.
I use 3 RM2's on a daily basis. And have been doing so for over a year. Anyone who has a Reo and likes mouth to lung should at least try the RM2 in my view.

Yesterday I rigged up the Cyclone in single coil mode and it too has great flavour. Ive only vaped one juice on it and one coil, so i cant say for sure, but the flavour is there and its also a mouth to lung device. (Cyclone cap, not cyclops cap)

The sad part is were the green horns start there vaping journey today . They never even try a nice single coil build at a respectable ohm . They start out chasing the cloud on a 40 pound atty
Totally agree

Just a thought that I totally agree with from the modmaster that I could not help but share --

"A Reo is a tool like a hammer or a fine wood chisel they never go out of date. Learn how to use it maintain it and it will be by your side for the rest of your life . I think this is something lots of people miss or don't understand . Its a old school tool in a modern world . The whole roast your lung cloud chasing fad will pass eventually one has to ask himself why am I doing this . Slamming through massive amounts of juice ripping through batteries like a hog on a bucket of slop . Eventually people get back to there lives and blowing massive clouds doesn't really fit into most peoples daily activities .

The sad part is were the green horns start there vaping journey today . They never even try a nice single coil build at a respectable ohm . They start out chasing the cloud on a 40 pound atty . Its to bad it has to be this way I could go on and on but I wont and I would probably offend someone and that is not my intent . That is my rant enjoy the day:) :)"

:hi: Okay bye now
Yes, seems to me temp sensing might also be a passing fad. Starting to see comments like "sales gimmick", "gave up on tc", "back to Kanthal", etcetera popping up with more and more frequency.

Hi @r0gue z0mbie
Sorry for the late response, dont know if it helps anymore
But yes, the RM2 is designed for mouth to lung
Unbelievable flavour when configured correctly. And monstrous throat hit with the right juice and coil placement. Its not however a big cloud producer.
I use 3 RM2's on a daily basis. And have been doing so for over a year. Anyone who has a Reo and likes mouth to lung should at least try the RM2 in my view.

Yesterday I rigged up the Cyclone in single coil mode and it too has great flavour. Ive only vaped one juice on it and one coil, so i cant say for sure, but the flavour is there and its also a mouth to lung device. (Cyclone cap, not cyclops cap)

Thank you.
I like the look of the RM2, but unfortunately Mouth to Lung now feels like a different language. So I need to stick to the lung-hitting attys.

Thank you.
I like the look of the RM2, but unfortunately Mouth to Lung now feels like a different language. So I need to stick to the lung-hitting attys.
Lol. Put my RM2 on today after about 4 or so months. Can't do mouth to lung hits anymore, so will be in the classifieds soon :)

Man I love the Reo.

I wasn't happy with the battery rattle as the spring was a little "used". Swapped out the spring, bath, dialelectiric greased her up. Put it all back together... and it's like new. Singing like a bird in Spring.

Cyclists will get it. When you have a proper bike that gets serviced etc. After some serious use, you pit stop, tighten this, oil that. Then that first ride when everything is tight and slick... just magic.

My Reo is probably over a year old, and aside a scuff or two that I may have added :rolleyes: it works like new. A bespoke new mod that is.

Man I love the Reo.

Yip unless you have a REO and look after it you don't understand... I don't even argue anymore... granted I'm not a cloud chaser and am not a big sub ohm boy... and for my style there is simply nothing that beats a REO. I have a few mods and there is a REO in my hand 97% of the time because it simply works so well for me... so yes I hear you loud and clear and understand completely! :)

Yip unless you have a REO and look after it you don't understand... I don't even argue anymore... granted I'm not a cloud chaser and am not a big sub ohm boy... and for my style there is simply nothing that beats a REO. I have a few mods and there is a REO in my hand 97% of the time because it simply works so well for me... so yes I hear you loud and clear and understand completely! :)

I subohm, and it suits my style just great too :)
But ya, its the ownership and experience of one, that makes you get it.

I think even if you a high-powered or temp-control fan, having a REO for those fail safe moments is something all vapers should try. That go to mod when all else fails. It's like a diesel-powered generator in South Africa lol.

Man I love the Reo.

I wasn't happy with the battery rattle as the spring was a little "used". Swapped out the spring, bath, dialelectiric greased her up. Put it all back together... and it's like new. Singing like a bird in Spring.

Cyclists will get it. When you have a proper bike that gets serviced etc. After some serious use, you pit stop, tighten this, oil that. Then that first ride when everything is tight and slick... just magic.

My Reo is probably over a year old, and aside a scuff or two that I may have added :rolleyes: it works like new. A bespoke new mod that is.

Yes, for me, its the whole pit stop and indestructible thing that the Reo has going. I cant get over it, I take my time with the pit stops but yet it only takes me 5mins and when I take that first toot, I've always got a smile on my face, never fails.
And then there's my job, my Reo takes a pounding but yet she just keeps chucking along as she did when I first got her.

My Reo is perfect for what I want from a device, the only problem I see with a Reo is that I only have one. That needs to change asap! :nod: :rock:

Yes, for me, its the whole pit stop and indestructible thing that the Reo has going. I cant get over it, I take my time with the pit stops but yet it only takes me 5mins and when I take that first toot, I've always got a smile on my face, never fails.
And then there's my job, my Reo takes a pounding but yet she just keeps chucking along as she did when I first got her.

My Reo is perfect for what I want from a device, the only problem I see with a Reo is that I only have one. That needs to change asap! :nod: :rock:

Oh yes, two or three Reo's would be the business!

My mod, in general, because of the disaster that is ME, needs to be tough. I don't know, I must have been born with two left feet and two left hands :think:

I cant for the love of vape, find the thread where this was discussed. Maybe @johan will remember?

Anyway, found this "oh-no" Battery level indicator and that it was pretty cool:
https://www.riecktron.co.za/en/product/1711
11087-01-200x200.jpg

Page blurp -
"
Under-powering a digital device can sometimes have pretty nasty consequences. Brown-out conditions can cause memory to get written or overwritten in odd ways, can cause unexpected behavior in connected systems and just generally screw up your day. One way to avoid this is to keep an eye on your battery voltage and turn off the system before it gets too low (or plug it in). We’ve whipped up a little board to help you out with this situation: the “Uh-oh” battery level indicator.

At the heart of the “Uh-oh” board is the TL431ACLPG shunt regulator diode. The reference voltage can be adjusted by using the trimpot on board. When the battery connected to the board reaches that voltage, the shunt allows current to flow through the LED, alerting you to a low battery situation. In order to set the appropriate reference voltage, you can use the formula found in the schematic to calculate your desired resistance and set it using the trimpot and a multimeter measuring resistance across the provided test points.

This board comes as a “bag of parts” kit. All of the parts are through-hole and it shouldn’t take long to solder together. The footprint of each part is clearly marked on the PCB to help you throw it together.

Kit Includes:

• ‘Uh-oh’ Through-hole PCB
  • 10mm Diffused Green LED
  • JST Wire Assembly
  • TL431ACLPG IC
  • JST Right-Angle Connector
  • 10K Trimpot
  • 330 Ohm Resistor "

I enjoyed this post from ECF.

Well, it's been 1 full year now of using a Reo Grand product. Buying a Reo was the BEST decision I made in the vaping world, and very glad I chose to give it a try. My Copper Vein (Chewbacca) still roars like a Wookie, and vapes like a freight train!!

The 1 year anniversary was Tuesday, but I was so busy working that I didn't have to even realize it. I did have a gratifying experience though that made me realize it.

While on a "smoke" break at work (Tuesday), I was sitting at a table using my Reo Grand. This cute chic sat down beside me. She was using some metal box with a DNA board, and a big dripper on top. She sat it on the table, and then sat a 30ml glass bottle of juice beside it. She began to tie her shoe, and as I noticed this concoction on the table... the conversation began.

She built her own Clapton coil and was vaping dual coils at .2 ohms. We talked about the safety of that, and of couse... I showed her Chewie. Talked to her about the concept of Squonking. Informed her that she could do low builds like .2 builds on the Reo, and of course, could use many different dual coil atomizers like the Derringer, Rogue, and etc as well. She even held my Reo and looked at it.

As we talked, I noticed rain clouds gathering on this 90 degree hot day. Many concerns flooded my thoughts. I had to mention the BEST part of using a Reo was not having to worry about electronic boards going out!She was very interested in that part (since it was about to pour down rain), and wanted to know where to get one. She mentioned a time that she accidentally dropped her box (didn't even want to know what it was that she was using), and worried if the drop damaged it. I told her of course about where to get the Reo Grand (Reosmods.com), and mentioned Russ's abuse video. :) She was very interested in the mechanical 'bottom squonker', and said she would look into it.

As she rushed off back to her job... I sat there with a very happy, content feeling. As I vaped ole, reliable Chewbacca, I thought about many " What IF" possibilities that could quickly become a reality.
What IF...

• It Rained, and she had it in her hand as she going to her car? Water would get in it.
  • Sweat and perspiration from her hands ran down the button cracks, and got on the boards and electronic parts?
  • She left it in her car all day in 90 degree heat?
  • She left it in her call all day on a cold, snowy day with freezing temperatures?
  • She dropped it off the smoking area loading dock - onto the concrete?
  • A glass of water was spilled, and it sat in a pool of water?
...list goes on.

All the above is something Reo Grand users don't have to worry about since it has no boards or electronic parts. We have other things in life to deal with, and it's a HUGE RELIEF to not have to worry about those scenarios!

Anyway, thank you ModFather for making the Reo Grand. The reliability, dependability, and confidence of it working when you need it too ...is well worth $160.

Now, if I could just control this Reo'itis condition. :facepalm: Although Han Solo and Chewbacca keep me going, I'm still wondering if Boba Fett (Metallic Blue / Black door) is gonna come looking for them, or Greedo (Kawasaki Green) will visit Solo in the bar. Perhaps Princess Leia (Solid White) should be with Solo. What if Vader (Black SL/LP); Troopers (White SL/LP / Black door) and the Emporer (Metallic Red SL/LP) bagan to battle our Rebels? :p
..........awwww, see how Reo'itis works on people. :):facepalm:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/1yr-anniversary-of-using-reo-grand.692663/

That is a classic post indeed @Andre!
Thanks for sharing

Hey guys.
I need help..I reached my 1year stinkie free mile stone the 20th of August and I can't believe where I started with a ego style pen vaporizer on 18mg juice...and any flavour went..And 60ml Juice was almost enough for a month.
Now Im down to 6 and 3 mg juice but klapping 300ml juice a month!!! I buy local desert flavours wich is cheaper than the import stuff but hell I can't carry on like this...Lung hits are the only satisfying vaping method for me....
Now I have the Rm2 Wich doesn't suite my vaping style..But wouldn't I get the same levels of nicotine mouth to lung on higher nic juice than Huge clouds Sub ohm straight lung hits..?Even if I force myself to do so..Has anyone been in the same situation as me?Please any advice would be appreciated..

Hey guys.
I need help..I reached my 1year stinkie free mile stone the 20th of August and I can't believe where I started with a ego style pen vaporizer on 18mg juice...and any flavour went..And 60ml Juice was almost enough for a month.
Now Im down to 6 and 3 mg juice but klapping 300ml juice a month!!! I buy local desert flavours wich is cheaper than the import stuff but hell I can't carry on like this...Lung hits are the only satisfying vaping method for me....
Now I have the Rm2 Wich doesn't suite my vaping style..But wouldn't I get the same levels of nicotine mouth to lung on higher nic juice than Huge clouds Sub ohm straight lung hits..?Even if I force myself to do so..Has anyone been in the same situation as me?Please any advice would be appreciated..

Hi @Gert_Koen
I was an exclusive mouth to lung vaper for a long time until i started dabbling with lung hits and was persuaded by my fellow vaper and Reonaut @Alex to go with lung hits

I am now about 50/50 mouth to lung versus lung hit. I enjoy them both for different reasons and both satisfy me depending on what i need.

In the mornings, i need a mild MTL - i use the Evod1, dont laugh
For a strong tobacco hit, its the RM2 with a good tobacco (eg Blackbird or HHV juices)
For mindless vaping at the computer, i like the restrictive low power lung hit on the Lemo1 (not very juice hungry)
For more volume and satisfaction its the Nuppins on the Reos in full lung hit mode. But you are right this goes through juice quickly.

I share your frustration that lung hits typically use way more juice and one usually needs much lower nic. My juice consumption has more than doubled since i started including lung hits.

I always have two mouth to lung devices at hand with strong 18mg juice in them. My "tobacco Reo" has the RM2 and mostly Blackbird or another hard hitting tobacco in there.

My Nuppins usually have a mentholated fruit. And at lower nic, around 9 or 12mg.

So every now and then I need a strong hit and I take a few mouth to lung hits on the Blackbird and that limits the amount of lung hits I need. So its a balance. Interestingly, i dont like the lung hit with the tobaccoes when I feel the need for a strong concentrated hit.

If i was just lung hitting low nic i would be using WAY more juice.

What I also do with the lung hit juice is buy local 18mg and dilute it down to about 9mg. This makes it cheaper and with the right juice there is not too much flavour loss. I also occasionally do some basic DIY which helps too.

Hopefully this can help you.

Last edited:
Back