I want to stop... he doesn't want to...

Many a wise words have been spoken here. I would also recommend the Twisp Clearo/2 as a good mouth to lung atomiser. That’s if you don’t mind replacing the expensive coils every so often. The Clearo is what got me off the analogues completely but my more advanced gear is what has kept me off the analogues for just over 2 years now. What I would do is get a mod (the part that has the battery and electronics) that you are comfortable with. As a chain smoker you would want something with a good battery life, variable voltage and wattage. Maybe even a single 18650 battery and a spare battery with an external charger so that you don’t run out of power. There are advantages and disadvantages to both built in batteries and removable 18650 batteries. Then get a Twisp Clearo atomiser, coils and an Ego to 510 adapter. Prime (let the e-liquid soak) the coil properly and use the Clearo (1.8 ohm iirc) on said battery at around 8 to 10 watts. Just make sure you don’t burn the coil with too high wattage. With a Samsung Q30 or Sony VTC5 or 6 and at that wattage it will last you along time on a single charge.

Now comes the tricky part. The e-liquid. I’ve had good success with Twisp and Liqua e-liquids in my Clearo when I started so maybe give them a try. I`m not sure what nicotine level to recommend but those two come in 18mg varieties. You might want a high mg e-liquid as the Clearo is not as efficient delivering nicotine as the sub-ohm (atomisers that have a coil resistance of lower than 1 ohm) tanks. You should however not get dizzy or get headaches when vaping/chain vaping as this is a sign of nicotine overdose and you would need to cut back on your mg or the amount you vape. Just be sure to buy Liqua from reputable dealers as there are some cheap and nasty fakes doing the rounds. Get yourself to a Twisp kiosk and sample the variety of e-liquids that they usually have as testers to get a feel of what flavour you like.

Now for the good news or bad, depends on how you look at it. It`s not if but when the bug bites you will want to upgrade and get a better tank. You already have the mod so all you would need to do is get the tank, install the coils or build your own coils if it is a RTA (Rebuildable Tank Atomiser) pop it on to your mod, adjust the wattage/voltage to your liking and off you go. Just remember that the newer tanks vaporise nicotine more efficiently so you might want to cut back the nicotine level when you go this route.

I think it's important to point out to you that you are probably going to experience some coughing. The intensity of the cough will vary depending on the condition of your lungs. This is 100% normal, don't let it deter you from vaping. Persevere one puff at a time. DON'T STOP. Your body will get used to the vaping and thank you for your decision. I know it has been mentioned but buy quality juice as cheap and nasty can make vaping sh%t and short.

Thank you all for your replies and advice. I read a few threads on the forum where people said they are not happy with twisp anymore. Regardless of their reasons that seed is now planted in my head ugh. Thanks for the liqued advice

I didn't know that you can try out the different products at the vendors! Thank you for your 2 scents!

I will then be searching for a vendor in east rand, any recommendations?

@wildheart - welcome and pls dont feed the animals...

one other thing to remember... and im sure a lot of ex cig smokers (like myself) experienced this and i gave the same advice to other stinkie smokers that started vaping.. firstly, its going to be difficult to drop the stinkies if u going to smoke cigs and vape at the same time.. so much like a drug addict, u have to want to stop... kicking an addiction becomes that much more easier once u WANT it for yourself, not because someone is forcing you... so for your husband it might be a bit more harder, because you already MADE THAT DECISION.. secondly, vaping is NOT smoking... meaning, your pallet and throat will probably (in most cases) feel a little weird and you might even cough a little... i experience the cough and what seemed like a feeling of a throat infection (slightly).. But dont fret, this i just your pallet and tongue and throat getting use to vapour instead of smoke.. push through, it took me 2 days to adapt.. some took long where some didnt even go through that... then after a few days or weeks of vaping (exclusively) you might get some withdrawals...

so to recap:

1. Dont dual vape/smoke - will take much longer to kick the stinkies
2. Push through any weird feeling on ur pallet and tongue etc...
3. Ditto what the others said regarding the device and juice.. esp the device... it would serve you best to go the Pico/iJust S route.. these are devices u can keep for a while before wanting to upgrade...
4. It could become a tad (lol) expensive, this hobby we have... but its money spent more uhm, healthily, instead of giving ur dosh to Big Tobacco

To quit I used 3mg juice in a Melo tank. It was tough but the flavor kept me going. Might take a few tries to find the right setup but nothing beats being smoke free

So much useful info! Thank you guys and thanks for the name of the place in Kempton. Love these, http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collectio...new-bronze-istick-pico-75w-tc-melo-3-mini-kit, wish I saw it before I went to the shop at stoneridge.

Leigh was so helpful and spent a lot of time with us, choosing and explaining the products. We got the iStick Pico, extra batteries and double charger. We took an assortment of flavors at 6mg. I am currently using the hazelnut cigar which I LOVE and hubby is on the Pina Colada.

I had my last smoke yesterday before we entered Vapor King! :rolleyes: I woke up twice last night for my usual smoke and took a few vapors and fell asleep again. Finally no worry that I am going to set everything alight falling asleep with a burning smoke!

Husband says he loves it too. However, I am a bit suspicious..... His liquid is almost at the same spot as what it was when we filled it at the shop and his battery is still full. My second battery is halfway and my liquid is halfway... I used his just now (saving mine haha) and we could clearly see how his liquid went down.

What is your thoughts on this? Should I rather go for higher than 6mg so that I do not need it constantly - saving liquid and battery? Or is it normal how mine is running out and it is my husband that needs less than me? It can also be that he is smoking out of sight hahaha but he just promised me that he also had his last smoke yesterday at 16:20 with me.

I am so glad I joined because if I didn't I still would have smoked.

It can also be that he is smoking out of sight

Give it a couple of days for your sense of smell to return and you will know for sure :)

Congrats on kicking the smokes.

You can try some higher nic liquid, just for now, to scratch the itch, but I'm sure it will not be for too long. Also keep in mind your are breaking the cigarette habit now, so your muscle memory could still be reverting to the smoking routine for a little while.

Awesome stuff @wildheart ! Your husband might not be enjoying it as much as he says he is, and that has to be okay as well! For a lot of us we smoked and vaped at the beginning. It took me a month of owning a vape to stop the cigarettes completely. Also, if he isn't loving it, then he must say why, it might be the flavour, or the kick he needs, many things that if you know we can fix!

If you still feel like you need that "kick", then get some higher nic juices, but for a lot of us we vape all day everyday, on your kit I would probably empty that tank three times in a day, and I don't vape nearly as much as the other guys here!

@wildheart : My opinion would be to focus on "U" being clean of the stinkies. Personally i think Once your hubby can see that you have actually overcomed it and only on the vape for days to weeks it will inspire him to change hopefully. Just Chill and enjoy the flavors and chucking clouds (even in front of him :D with not a care in the world).
Some advice: Make sure you always got a spare coil around and ample juice, and carry a car USB Car Charger to. been there done that and ended up going back to stinkies when I couldnt vape my Pico due to the above reasons.

Well Done and hope you enjoy Clouding 4 days!

@wildheart : My opinion would be to focus on "U" being clean of the stinkies. Personally i think Once your hubby can see that you have actually overcomed it and only on the vape for days to weeks it will inspire him to change hopefully. Just Chill and enjoy the flavors and chucking clouds (even in front of him :D with not a care in the world).
Some advice: Make sure you always got a spare coil around and ample juice, and carry a car USB Car Charger to. been there done that and ended up going back to stinkies when I couldnt vape my Pico due to the above reasons.

Well Done and hope you enjoy Clouding 4 days!

Fully agree, focus on yourself first.. as did I... like i said, with any addiction/addict, the person has to want it for themselves. No other outside influence will have an impact, unless there's kids in the house and one realizes the negative effects of 2nd hand stinkie smoke. In my case, my son didnt want to be in my arms after i took a smoke... so i made the decision damn near 3yrs ago.. Best decision I've ever made...

But my wife was still smoking cigs.. and had the same skepticism I initially had. So, i made sure i had a small second device, fully set up, laying around the house... didnt hound her about it, didnt even hint at vaping... eventually she took a puff here n there... Here n there became more frequent.. then she started asking questions... then one day, i was vaping Gollums Apple (eLiquid Project) from Cartel and the house had this epic aroma... she wanted to taste it... rest as they say, is history...

Thanks guys. I can see hubby from my office and I do see the vapor going and hear the occasional cough. I think the difference between the amount I am using and the amount he is using is that he always used to light a smoke and then let it sit while he is busy, so most times he only took a few drags and the rest burned out. Me on the other hand smoke while I am busy, I did not put my smoke down. So although we used to smoke the same amount of cigarettes a day I took, 13+ drags from my smoke and he only took +/- 5.

Now with the vapor there is nothing burning out unused and that is why his is going slow and mine fast. Makes sense?

Thanks guys. I can see hubby from my office and I do see the vapor going and hear the occasional cough. I think the difference between the amount I am using and the amount he is using is that he always used to light a smoke and then let it sit while he is busy, so most times he only took a few drags and the rest burned out. Me on the other hand smoke while I am busy, I did not put my smoke down. So although we used to smoke the same amount of cigarettes a day I took, 13+ drags from my smoke and he only took +/- 5.

Now with the vapor there is nothing burning out unused and that is why his is going slow and mine fast. Makes sense?
Yup! That makes perfect sense!

All I can say, from personal experience, do not make an issue if you husband have the occasional cigarette. My wife finally is at the point where she is vaping more than smoking. But I know if I forced her she would have taken alot longer.

It was a long battle, but since we used to smoke together, I stopped joining her on smoke breaks, or took a quick puff on my tank, blowing the sweet aromas of caramels, vanillas and tobacco in a big cloud over the porch, and go inside again, I do not have to stand outside in the sun or bad weather to finish a cigarette.

AND secondly, make sure he gets a flavor that he actually likes. It took me almost 4 months to get my ADV but my wife was lucky enough to get hers after the second visit to the shops. That makes a big difference.

So much useful info! Thank you guys and thanks for the name of the place in Kempton. Love these, http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collectio...new-bronze-istick-pico-75w-tc-melo-3-mini-kit, wish I saw it before I went to the shop at stoneridge.

Leigh was so helpful and spent a lot of time with us, choosing and explaining the products. We got the iStick Pico, extra batteries and double charger. We took an assortment of flavors at 6mg. I am currently using the hazelnut cigar which I LOVE and hubby is on the Pina Colada.

I had my last smoke yesterday before we entered Vapor King! :rolleyes: I woke up twice last night for my usual smoke and took a few vapors and fell asleep again. Finally no worry that I am going to set everything alight falling asleep with a burning smoke!

Husband says he loves it too. However, I am a bit suspicious..... His liquid is almost at the same spot as what it was when we filled it at the shop and his battery is still full. My second battery is halfway and my liquid is halfway... I used his just now (saving mine haha) and we could clearly see how his liquid went down.

What is your thoughts on this? Should I rather go for higher than 6mg so that I do not need it constantly - saving liquid and battery? Or is it normal how mine is running out and it is my husband that needs less than me? It can also be that he is smoking out of sight hahaha but he just promised me that he also had his last smoke yesterday at 16:20 with me.

I am so glad I joined because if I didn't I still would have smoked.
Thats ok, if he is still smoking you will start smelling the evidence by saturday when your senses return to you...

He went out to have the generator fixed and left his smokes behind. I saw that he even has the vape bag clipped onto his belt! :aplastao:

We are not popular in the office anymore because I told the staff that they must smoke outside from now on.... :--P

f73041d7-5bf7-45c1-a6c8-180804dfa12a_zpsjyg87atw.jpg

How is that for commitment! :D

Great to read and hear @wildheart
Let us know how its going
You guys are doing so well!!

As for the higher nic juice, maybe try a higher strength juice out and see how it goes for you. Each person is different. And it might help you for those times when you feel you need something stronger.

Otherwise, enjoy and keep on trying different liquids. There are loads of flavours, just try a few new ones each month and enjoy the journey

Just a quick update. We are still happily vaping! :aplastao: I still have not broken the habit of wanting to take my smokes and ashtray and look for my lighter. It just last a few seconds every now and then. Hubby doesn't miss anything and look at me weird when I tell him what I am 'missing'. We do not even bring our smokes to work since Friday. :beer-toast1:

Just a quick update. We are still happily vaping! :aplastao: I still have not broken the habit of wanting to take my smokes and ashtray and look for my lighter. It just last a few seconds every now and then. Hubby doesn't miss anything and look at me weird when I tell him what I am 'missing'. We do not even bring our smokes to work since Friday. :beer-toast1:

hahaha - and we were worried about how HE would take to the conversion!!!!

Congrats guys, a little bit more of a mission and then the worst is behind you!!!!

well done guys.. :banana:

Back