JHB Vape Meet #5

I know I am still a noob, but will also be willing to help. (Provided I will be able to attend. Will confirm a bit closer to the date.)

Will not be able to make the 30th of August. But enjoy it.

The 30th is my boy's birthday party, so I won't be able to make it.

I'm scared that learning too much will have me whipping out the credit card which might not be a good idea.:confused:
This is inevitable.

Resign yourself to spending money that should be going into your kids college fund on vape gear.

And don't feel guilty about it! You can always sell your stuff to upcoming vapers and put the proceeds towards more, prettier stuff!

Sent from the Dark Side of The Force

This is inevitable.

Resign yourself to spending money that should be going into your kids college fund on vape gear.

And don't feel guilty about it! You can always sell your stuff to upcoming vapers and put the proceeds towards more, prettier stuff!

This is so true

@MarkK is there one for a galaxy S5?

No. Wait. Forget it. If I buy that then it will automatically invalidate all my purchases to date and as a result the earth will cease to spin.

Alibi:

HI Sharri,
Sure we can assist with your function !
We can do the outside section as before, unfortunately we cant do inside as I will end up having nowhere to seat non-smokers, as the rest of my outside section is smoking and although I understand the electronic cigarette, my non-smoking clientele will not be impressed if they have nowhere to sit...
I have 8 of the small square tables, 4 cocktail tables and 4 of the large barrels that can be used for your vendors.
Due to the fact that we are 1 level, disability access is pretty straight forward and we do have a separate toilet facility for those living with disability. The only step onto the section we normally give you is about the same height as a standard pavement, which if we use a simple method of a plank and some bricks, we can construct a wheelchair accessible ramp..
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards
Shaun

Picolinos:

Hi Sharri,
We cannot host it at the restaurant , but if you would like to come look at the lodge you are more than welcome? I think it’s R2500 -R3000.00 but I can confirm with Ted tomorrow
Regards
Maire

Thoughts? If we were to use picolinos we would need to charge for vendor tables and maybe a small entrance to cover the costs so I am leaning more towards Alibi - whats nice about the lodge however is that we would be the only people there

I really hope I can make this one...

The 1st I wasnt vaping yet, 2nd vape meet I was writing Exams and the 3rd I was flat broke:(....

So maybe fourth time lucky?:sweating:

Let hope so...

I really hope I can make this one...

The 1st I wasnt vaping yet, 2nd vape meet I was writing Exams and the 3rd I was flat broke:(....

So maybe fourth time lucky?:sweating:

Let hope so...

Hope to meet you this time stinking rich!

Thanks for getting the info @Stroodlepuff

I suppose the Alibis outside section is doable if we have a similar number of vapers as last time.
We may just need to think carefully about the positioning of the vendors tables so its not cramped.

I can't comment on the lodge at Picolinos because I have no idea of the suitability of it.

If numbers allow, I'd say Alibis will be fine...

Thanks for getting the info @Stroodlepuff

I suppose the Alibis outside section is doable if we have a similar number of vapers as last time.
We may just need to think carefully about the positioning of the vendors tables so its not cramped.

I can't comment on the lodge at Picolinos because I have no idea of the suitability of it.

If numbers allow, I'd say Alibis will be fine...

Rustika Guest Lodge

Thanks for that link
Looks nice

I'd suggest that you go past there and check it out before deciding on it.
We would need somewhere under cover in case it rains
I assume food can be ordered from the Picolinos kitchen...

Also, what would the rough cost be for vendors tables and vaper entry should we decide to have it there?

Call me boring but something tells me we should stick to Alibis...

Thanks for that link
Looks nice

I'd suggest that you go past there and check it out before deciding on it.
We would need somewhere under cover in case it rains
I assume food can be ordered from the Picolinos kitchen...

Also, what would the rough cost be for vendors tables and vaper entry should we decide to have it there?

Call me boring but something tells me we should stick to Alibis...

I tend to agree with you @Silver :) I really dont want to have to charge - we're not there yet. If everyone is happy with Alibi I will book :)

Ok great @Stroodlepuff
I really don't think anyone is unhappy with Alibis at all - for all the previous positive reasons people have given.

From my side, I say go ahead and book Alibis

The lodge must come to the party...

Free venue = All drinks & meals being sold by the lodge

If we pay for the lodge = Bring your own goods

I say paying for the lodge is crap, if they offer us free lodge and they get the upside of F&B sales, then that is great.

Alibi are being silly about the non-smokers. They can give us half of inside, but we can agree not to vape in there maybe?

Just on the topic of Alibis
What if we were to ask them to book the whole place for us? Then there is no issue regarding vaping inside with other customers there.

Just on the topic of Alibis
What if we were to ask them to book the whole place for us? Then there is no issue regarding vaping inside with other customers there.

I was thinking that, but they may feel that the total amount of F&B sold at previous vape meets did not justify giving us the whole place...

All things considered, getting the outside section at Alibis is a good compromise - numbers permitting

Yip that was what I initially asked him for - Dont think he is quite prepared to give us the whole venue yet!

I agree with you Dev but they dont seem to want to comprimise. Maybe someone else can try :p I am not a good negotiatior

Back