Johannesburg Vape Meet #6 - 29 November 14:00 - Social On Main

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone, the vape meet was fun :) and thanks for sponsoring the prizes, i'm gonna have lots of fun rebuilding now! Was really nice meeting everyone.

Thanks everyone, the vape meet was fun :) and thanks for sponsoring the prizes, i'm gonna have lots of fun rebuilding now! Was really nice meeting everyone.
Was really cool meeting you and seeing your coil!! i am going to attempt one tonight lol Well done in the Cloud Blowing competition man!

Was really cool meeting you and seeing your coil!! i am going to attempt one tonight lol Well done in the Cloud Blowing competition man!

Ok good luck bro! Whatsapp me if you need any tips (what I learnt from my f*** ups :p), thanks again for the 'nana cream!

Man, your coil was epic. I couldn't believe how good the 0mg 'Nana Cream was on your 0.1ohm something coil. Really, I was super impressed, and the flavour....

Your clapton coil is truly amazing

Firefox_Screenshot_2014-11-30T07-07-41.723Z.png

The coil building comp surprised me completely, I did not know what to expect and hence was in a flat spin, lol, I was thinking that it would be something where you get like 2 hours to build the wildest most exotic thing you could think of... something worth of photo's and the internet... the limit on the build was the big thing for me, I usually build stuff that would look nice, or are as low ohm as possible. LOL

Ended up doing a weird ass coil, just to get something in, lol, I never even attempted the coil I did yesterday, basically wrapped and wrapped until it was close to the ohm requirements and then tried to make it look like something else than just a straight coil...

Learning curve hey, hehe..... and all while in the spirit of vaping!!!! Love it and will see you at the next one!!!

I know I tanked allot of people yesterday, but more specific, Me and the wife managed to win 3 prizes yesterday and I would like to Thank the sponsors as well.. VapeKing (lucky Draw) for me..... Skyblue Vaping (Lucky Draw) for @Liza Flynn and Craft Vapour with my 3rd place in the cloud chasing competition!!

Thank you again to all the organizers and all of the vape vendors for the shops that you guys put up... Loved it and I bet allot of the random people just coming into the bar also took note and interest into the event....

Really had a good time at the meet. Was running up and down most of the day so sorry if i did not come chat to some ppl.

Just wanna also appologise for not starting the cloud blowing on time. But we had to battle with the rugby and the sound and thr management.
But at least it did happen.

Thanks to all the guys and girls that stayed a bit longer for that.

Oh and i will try and be more active on the forum. Ma6be even sneak in a new video or something

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
ah ha, i wondered what happened to the cloud blowing, i missed it unfortunatly

Man, your coil was epic. I couldn't believe how good the 0mg 'Nana Cream was on your 0.1ohm something coil. Really, I was super impressed, and the flavour....

Your clapton coil is truly amazing

View attachment 16296

Haha thanks man, credits to Kent Hill (creator of the fused Clapton) and Derek Small (inventor of the Clapton), it really is worth a try :) the only thing I woulda done differently was use a thinner wire on the outside.

Haha thanks man, credits to Kent Hill (creator of the fused Clapton) and Derek Small (inventor of the Clapton), it really is worth a try :) the only thing I woulda done differently was use a thinner wire on the outside.
What size did you use? I usually use 32 Gauge, would have loved a bit thinner as well, but that is the thinnest I could find up to now...

Yeah. I did in the end.

Ha ha.

So I can't be fined!

We have a list of the people who never got their name tags :p They were assumed as not attending and will be getting fined by the Fines master on his return :p

I just want to say a huge apology from my side - when the venue said to me there would be rugby I did not realize they would be playing it a 2 million decibels, I understand that it was extremely frustrating for alot of you and I do have to apologize. There were alot of discussions about the next venue yesterday between retailers, admins and mods and the next venue will be a hall of some sort where we are not under the control of a cramped restaurant and their management.

Other than space restrictions and the loudness of the venue I think the meet was pretty good. There were about 120 people in attendance throughout the day and our competition entrants all did exceptionally well :)

We have a list of the people who never got their name tags :p They were assumed as not attending and will be getting fined by the Fines master on his return :p

I just want to say a huge apology from my side - when the venue said to me there would be rugby I did not realize they would be playing it a 2 million decibels, I understand that it was extremely frustrating for alot of you and I do have to apologize. There were alot of discussions about the next venue yesterday between retailers, admins and mods and the next venue will be a hall of some sort where we are not under the control of a cramped restaurant and their management.

Other than space restrictions and the loudness of the venue I think the meet was pretty good. There were about 120 people in attendance throughout the day and our competition entrants all did exceptionally well :)
Well I thank you, I really enjoyed the meet, and I even have a Sexy voice now

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thank you all for the great meet yesterday :D

I was running around like a bit of a headless chicken yesterday with my big ass thumb :p

It was a blast hanging out with the regular faces :rock: and great meeting new ones :D

There's something magical about the vape meets!

One thing that does suck though I'd how frighteningly quick the time passes! :(

PS thanks to all for the b.day wishes as well as my happy birthday song that broke out :D

Awesome event, thank for you for arranging everything. I was there for a short bit and then had to rush off again to sort out my commitments for the day.
Just happy that I managed to get some good juice and a few concentrates for my DIY box :) Just a pity I didnt have the time to stay for the competitions.

Me and the wife was there only for about 5 min, gave Kimbo a cupple of juices and left. Next time i can arrange the pavilion at copperleaf golf estate.... Ill carry the charge, but its all upto u? We can discuss it at a later stage. For now enjoy the festivities and be safe

Thanks to everyone who helped organize the meet and the comps. Was really nice. Pitty I had to leave early, but really enjoyed it. Hope everyone who had to drive far made it back safely. :)

did the hydrus and dna40 prototypes make it to the meet? there was some problems with couriers, but would like to know if any of you saw it?

did the hydrus and dna40 prototypes make it to the meet? there was some problems with couriers, but would like to know if any of you saw it?

I saw them, very impressive indeed.

Me and the wife was there only for about 5 min, gave Kimbo a cupple of juices and left. Next time i can arrange the pavilion at copperleaf golf estate.... Ill carry the charge, but its all upto u? We can discuss it at a later stage. For now enjoy the festivities and be safe

It sounds awesome but you don't need to carry the full cost, Skyblue @Derick and @Melinda will gladly carry half the cost and help with any other administrative and organisational task that will be required. Please don't forget to get in touch, might be beneficial to book the space before it's booked out.

Yeah no there is no need to cover the costs as I said there were alot of discussions yesterday with regards to venues and there are alot of things happening behind the scenes. We are in the process of creating a committee to handle events and venues etc. Up to this point this has been free for vendors and attendees however moving forward we will be charging for vendor tables to help us with better suited venues. Thanks for the offer though we will definitely chat to you closer to the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back