Load shedding.. are you prepared ??

Im one of the lucky one . I live withing 500 meters radius of a major hospital so my area is not gonna have load shedding

Bummer! :-@

The issue is not with the Power Supply! It's a motherboard issue and of course I have a generation i7 Processor that doesn't fit the new boards! So I'm on this mickey mouse notebook till Tuesday! :doh:

Which socket i7 do you currently have @Rob Fisher

Sent from my S4 LTE using my finger

Don't really know... was just going on what my techie told me... mine is a Generation 1 i7 and I understand the current latest and greatest is the i7 Gen 4.
Yeah gen 1 won't work at all.
Generation 2 and 3 still works on the same socket @Rob Fisher and you can still get generation 2 motherboards.

Sent from my S4 LTE using my finger

@Rob Fisher tel the insurance, due to the load shedding, the unstable power you computer is broken. The Intel i7 is a fine tuned highly sensitive piece of equipment and the likelihood of that happening is quite big

@Rob Fisher tel the insurance, due to the load shedding, the unstable power you computer is broken. The Intel i7 is a fine tuned highly sensitive piece of equipment and the likelihood of that happening is quite big

Good point! Will talk to my broker on Monday! ;-)

Emergency lights... charged
MecMOD Charged
Discharging the secondary for the SVD (Hopefully eskom will allow me to charge the secondary)
Monopoly on the the coffee table
Gas cylinder with stove plate and kettle checked.

BRING IT ON ESKOM :devil::devil::devil:

We have just been shed, managed to squeeze in 3 espresso' just in time though :- P

via iphone

Hey Alex... you live in Benoni??

Fantastic its getting closer... like a dark cloud... soon Midrand :rain:...

--> Eskom:whip: <-- Me

Kimbo, if ever there was a good excuse for a braai... :-D:-D

ouch. just don't let the wife see you doing nothing. last time I did that I had to go peel veggies. :notagain:

Where are you guys reading these schedules?
Thankfully our lights are still on
We are in JHB, near Rosebank

I'm in Midrand. I missed all the load shedding last time, and getting all of them this time, I don't know when but I know it will happen.

We where running a print on the DNA module shape test --- and boom eskom knocked out, UPS kicked in but, ja the print was ruined. running another print on monday to play it safe!! 2 x purple efest, 2 x vtc4 and 2 x vtc5 kept we vaping happily though!

Thanks to stinking Eskom and the rest of the inept Government my Desktop PC with nice dual monitors is out of commission but never fear... an older notebook has been resurrected and ecigssa is back on track... but the REO's are all charged and rewicked so Sunday isn't too back with no PC. ;-)

Notebook 005.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks @Alex and @kimbo

Strangely - those schedules say Mon, Wed, Fri for my suburb
Yet we had an outage today from about midday to 4pm.
So it appears those schedules are not necessarily being adhered to.

Makes things tougher when you have no idea when the power will be cut

That is eskom for you mate ;)

Back