Load shedding.. are you prepared ??

We rarely get shed. We are on the same grid as Tembisa hospital :)

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk

Well

All Efest batterys not in use are full
MVP full
Laptop full
Cellphone on charge :rolleyes:
and Solar cell charger full

I think we are okay

Tx to Eskom I had a bit of a sleep in lol. Load shedding from 5am

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

We have just been shed, managed to squeeze in 3 espresso' just in time though :- P

Sunday morning, no coffee :-( i had to push myself to makro - drive, and mission to get parking...felt out-of-it in the shop...got a CampingGaz cooker. Almost like a bad dream.

Screenshot_2014-11-28-20-10-01.png Stage 2 load shedding in effect for vape towners this weekend

eskoms kindness leaves my planned 12 hr,10 site upgrade shot full of holes tomorrow.
this is going to be a weekend from hell!

Just as I was getting optimistic.. Tic... Darkness

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Yes, i am prepared. i have a CampingGaz cooker and i have pipe tobacco and rolling papers. Only 2 batteries and a charged MVP, so i probably won't need the tobacco.

@Necris , how was the weekend? What sort of upgrade? (POS, is all i know......and hundreds of sites - more than a 1000, actually, but they don't all get done at once.)

Same here lights out.. stage 2 load shedding in full swing again . And this just after Eskom announced there will be no further load shedding for December lol

Same here lights out.. stage 2 load shedding in full swing again . And this just after Eskom announced there will be no further load shedding for December lol
Heard on the radio this afternoon that blackouts are gonna happen from today, right through the weekend :(

We had it this afternoon from 16H00 - 18H00

That sucks!

Now why can't load shedding just happen during working hours :D

I love load shedding during the day. It's the night shed that kills me.

That sucks!

Now why can't load shedding just happen during working hours :D
I agree with you fully. It why not at all. We were off from 18:00 to 20:30 this eve. That's relax time

drove all the way to the Pavilion today (From Ladysmith) to do some xmas shopping... as we entered the pavilion power went off.. had to wait like 2 hours for it to come back on before we could shop:banghead:

drove all the way to the Pavilion today (From Ladysmith) to do some xmas shopping... as we entered the pavilion power went off.. had to wait like 2 hours for it to come back on before we could shop:banghead:

That sucks. Eskom is a major let down. Stage 3 load shedding just after they announced no more load shedding for December. Lol we have alot more of it coming our way

Now I can say YES. I'm prepared

We have a generator!!!! :klap:

Send while vaping on the Reo mini Thor

Just want to say that Woolies saved the day. What a great store

Yesterday we went to this centre in Toti for lunch but power was cut as we arrived. Restaurants were limited to serving drinks and things like sushi only. No hot food.

We went to Woolies, they have a flagship type of store there - and obviously were running some serious generators because it appeared no different to how it looked a few days earlier when the power was on. Their ovens were working and they were serving their roast chickens and pies.

Needless to say, Woolies was packed - queues for checkout were very long - they were doing a roaring trade while the other shops sat in darkness

The market for generators is growing. There will not ever be a time when this government can manage such things properly. The flats where a friend of mine lived had a big generator installed, for the water pumps and the elevators. All the condos and "gated community" type places in India have generators.

Back