Vaping In Public...

Have you ever smelled a juice one of your friends are vaping and it smelled bad to you? I have a mate that vapes the most vile concoctions and sometimes get nauseated when I get a wiff. Now imagine you are walking in the mall and the guy in front of you blows out a cloud of smelly vapour...
I treat it like I treated smoking.

Iv made a point to vape everywhere I see no smoking signs. Its just who I am ;)
Social experiments are enlightening. They give you a nice cross section of what people think they know, and what they actually know ;)

Of all the places Iv vaped, from the bank to doctors waiting rooms. The only place I
had someone say to me "hey! you not allowed to smoke in here!" was MCDONALDS!

My response was, "its not smoke" to that I received an arrogant "IT IS SMOKE!" reply.

NOW the game was ON! After a rather heated discussion (argument) over the counter.
I emerged triumphant, and sat at my table (inside) puffing away.

Vapers 1, Mcdonalds 0!

Know your rights, dont take sh*t from people! The vapour coming off coffee is not smoke. It might look like smoke, but its not, and until theres a sign that says no vaping. I feel entitled in my right to vape.
That being said, i do advocate the use of manners eg. dont vape into someones face ;)

Gareth

When I stealth vape, there is no vapour output at all. It's like an asthma inhaler.

The problem I see it, are people who blow clouds, now that looks like smoking to people who don't know any better. It's very easy to get the nic fix without any clouds.

i stealth vape in the car on my way to wherever we going, and leave my gear in the car

i never vape in malls, restuarants, or anywhere that has a roof (unless its at a vape meet ofcourse :D)

i prefer not to draw any unnecassary attention.

on saturday i had supper at a friends house, and after we ate they invited me outside for a smoke (they know i vape) so i joined them, and while outside i explained the undisputed unmatched benefit of vaping- not having to stand in the cold and freeze your nuts off to get your nic fix

I'm with RevenLucky7 on this one. If I do go into a restaurant with a smoking section - I sit there. Granted the smell of cigarette smoke is very unpleasant for me now, but in light of all the negative publicity around vaping a little bit of discomfort is worth it for me to continue with my chosen intake of nicotine.
Also, it makes me feel great that after a 3 pack a day habit for 30 years I can sit and face temptation head on and not even feel the slightest pull back to the dark side ;)
I work for myself so I vape in the office, my PA on the other hand still smokes - but I am working on converting her too.

One way to convert your PA, tell her she is getting no increase if she does not swich to vaping ;):rofl:... Blackmail baby :giggle:

@AtomicFruit if you are asked not to vape some where, then dont... dont be arragant and carry on or they will just introduce the rules to get rid of us...

A manager has every right in the world to ask you to stop or even leave their establishment or shop so you should respect their wishes...

You are only making it worse for the next vaper to walk in there

Last edited:
I would say as long as its not in someone elses space go for it.
I have had to deal with @BumbleBee 's vaping smells for a while now, but he delt with my stinky so we are ok.....kind of. Now that I vape more and more I send him and his stinky Amarula :sick: and cheese cake out the door. To me they smells awful.

Keep in mind that the vaping does have a smell and it can be off putting just as much as smoking, even if it is not harmful.

We went out for dinner a while ago and I called ahead and asked how they feel about vaping, they were very happy to place us amung outhers inside and had no probelm with it at all.

i stealth vape a quick couple of puffs in the malls and shops while doing some shopping, in restaurants - i normally sit in the non-smoking section (because even though sean's still a smoker, he hates sitting in smoking sections but always did it for me (and for himself) otherwise he'd be left on his ace for most of the eve, seeing that i was known to chain-smoke), i put my MVPs on the table in clear sight and then when the waiter comes around to take drink orders, i ask if it's okay to vape and i've yet to had a no answer (touch wood)... i just find that as a vaper it's easier to be nice about it and ask than just assume :) When Sean was in the hospital a couple of weeks ago, i used to go vape outside untill one of the patients that was smoking asked me why i come outside, it's allowed in the hospital, well that was the last of that, so for the rest of the week i puffed away next to his bedside and there was even another patient that came in on the thursday (with my favourite device on his bedside - MVP :rock: ) that was vaping in his bed, it was such a cool experience hahaha!!! oh ja and when i went for the lasik op on my eyes i sneaked a vape in the bathroom while waiting to go in, the stress was too much not to hahaha

Also note:

Liquorice (Anise oil) MUST NOT BE SMOKED AROUND PEOPLE ALLERGIC TO IT!
The same for cinnamon, try vape in places randoms wont be effected.
In this case your second hand vape will actually harm some one and set off an allergic reaction :(

@AtomicFruit if you are asked not to vape some where, then dont... dont be arragant and carry on or they will just introduce the rules to get rid of us...

A manager has every right in the world to ask you to stop or even leave their establishment or shop so you should respect their wishes...

You are only making it worse for the next vaper to walk in there

Agreed, but if you read my post you will notice no one asked me to stop vaping.
The argument was about whether vapour is smoke. It had nothing to with upsetting anyone.
When i come across people that lack knowledge, I feel its my right to help educate them.
Just like if someone thinks tobacco cigarettes are healthy, would you not explain to them the health risks?

Trust me, I have infinite manners and respect for my fellow humans. If i was asked, politely and respectfully to cease and desist, I would bow out graciously and do so.

But dont come at me with an attitude and no facts. Simple as that :)

G

Atomic, you did come across as pretty arrogant man :)

@AtomicFruit its not the worlds responsibility to know what we are doing or if its safe or not ;)
Its our responsibility to help spread correct information! :)
Unfortunatly there are ALWAYS people that have no clue ;) lol we cant get away from that

I vape were I go, like I said, first look around and make sure your not going to bother any one. Most of the time when I vape in shops and malls I know it is a vape friendly place.

I normally go to a nail shop where you go and get accessories for doing nails. The first time I went in there I walked in there with my MVP in my had, (I always walk with it in my hand, get peoples reactions) and was asked what that is. I explained and since then I vape in the shop. Same happens everywhere I go, and the peoples reaction is always the same, I can vape there if I want to.

I do not like conflict, I do not like to offend anyone. So with that said, I feel comfortable vaping were I go as no one is offended with me vaping. And the juices I vape smells like sweets and puddings ;)

lol, i guess, but its hard not to meet arrogance with disdain and irritation.
How would you feel if you were accused of something you werent doing...

If I was being an ass about it, pretty guilty and ashamed.

I was talking about your first post. I was going to hit the big red X, but decided rather not to leave you with a negative rating :)

I think the world would be a better place if everyone just took 2 mins out of their busy lives and explained why they do things. Instead we all just keep quiet and the wheels fall off.
Knowledge is power!

I get nervous in the malls, people just dont understand some times...

So i go stand with my Nemisis and Russian 91% at the twisp counter :p
I vape and talk to the twisp guy making SURE to show all the ppl wanting to buy twisp that there is other stuff out there ;)

This has been a no-brainer for me since I started vaping. I started vaping to quit tobacco and reduce harm to myself and the people I share my life with. Not so I could amplify my addiction and the habitual, compounding behaviours attached to it. In this light I only vape where I could smoke before, of course I will take the occasional sneaky puff in a bathroom (if there is an extractor ;) and only because stinkies really freak me out now and vaping in second hand smoke tastes repulsive. This has actually really helped me develop control over my nicotine intake and the addictive behaviour. I find it amazing how little power nicotine cravings have over me now when compared to what used to happen to me when still on stinkies. Another positive for me from every once in a while being forced to endure some time with my old compatriots in a stinky zone is it is the best time to share about my vaping journey.
Another thing to note is it is the people that are wandering shopping malls and restaurants vaping that are giving ammo to the argument that vaping is renormalising a negative social behaviour. Yes we know its different, but does a child who sees you blowing clouds of imitation smoke. I think we in todays world should be more enlightened , if we follow the path of the smokers before us we will simply be outlawed just like them. Continue to present a positive attitude of compliance (within reason) and respect within the vaping community and we will recieve the exact same in return. I personally cant wait for the day I go to the mall and see vaping sections with no smoking signs and because of the differences in dispersion properties of vapour compared to smoke an indoor vapour lounge will definitely be appreciated. I love my life as a vaper :rofl:

I get nervous in the malls, people just dont understand some times...

So i go stand with my Nemisis and Russian 91% at the twisp counter :p
I vape and talk to the twisp guy making SURE to show all the ppl wanting to buy twisp that there is other stuff out there ;)

Hahahaha I do that at the Puff counter :giggle:

In restaurants even though I'm officially a non smoker, I still book a table in the smoking section. Smoking doesn't bother me and I generally prefer the atmosphere in the smoking section. People in the non smoking sections always seem so miserable and they seem like they're desperate sit down, eat and get the hell out of there. Smokers always seem to want to make an evening out of it.

I have spent a few evenings in non smoking sections and looked at the other people and wondered why they just didn't use the KFC/McDonald's drive through.

I also do this for exactly the same reason. The only time I sit in a non smoking section is when the kids are with us, and then I usually stealth vape.

Interesting, doesn't that just up your temptation to have a smoke by sitting there? like you said s**t is usually more lively in the smoking section so wouldn't a tequila or two just swing you back to the stinkies.

Never had the temptation to light up again. Was at a concert this weekend with plenty of people smoking and drinking around me, even I had a GOOD couple of drinks, and not once did I feel the urge to light up a stinky. (and I was on 1 to 2 packs a day just 2 months ago)

@Danny I agree with everything you said, except I have noticed alot of children looking at my cool metal toy and being amazed by it. This is followed by a sharp look from their parents :(

So I no longer vape in front of children.
If they ever do pick up mommy and daddy's vape thing they are going to love it :/

I started by smoking dad's ciggies like many of us here... lol...

It would be really easy for any child to start wanting more of this stuff.
I would say be concious of children, there is enough time for them to start vaping all by them selves we do not need to help.

It would be really easy for any child to start wanting more of this stuff.
I would say be concious of children, there is enough time for them to start vaping all by them selves we do not need to help.

This is why I do not vape in front of my kids. :)

Back