What's in your hand right now?

A leaky Avo24 was in my hand this evening

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1488648700.671961.jpg

I feel like such an idiot. I refilled it this morning and used it today. Late this afternoon there was juice leaking all over the mod and my hands. I opened it and discovered there was no ceramic blocker in there.

So what happened was I forgot to put the ceramic blocker back in after refilling this morning and my dear wife has chucked all the kitchen 'roller towels' etc away. Can't find it.

So it looks like I am gonna have to go the dual coil route with this device unless I can somehow magically find the blocker or get one from somewhere.

Sigh. I loved my little Avo and became quite attached to it over the past few months....

A leaky Avo24 was in my hand this evening

View attachment 87108

I feel like such an idiot. I refilled it this morning and used it today. Late this afternoon there was juice leaking all over the mod and my hands. I opened it and discovered there was no ceramic blocker in there.

So what happened was I forgot to put the ceramic blocker back in after refilling this morning and my dear wife has chucked all the kitchen 'roller towels' etc away. Can't find it.

So it looks like I am gonna have to go the dual coil route with this device unless I can somehow magically find the blocker or get one from somewhere.

Sigh. I loved my little Avo and became quite attached to it over the past few months....
Pencil erasers should make for good plugs ;)

Thanks guys. @Mahir you are right. Decided to build a dual coil. 26g NI80 - 2.4mm ID

I'm not the worlds best or fastest coil builder that's why I don't really like duals. Ah well. So far so good.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1488652306.516766.jpg

Finally

A dual coiled Avo now in my hand. Wicked and lubed up. Ready to go

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1488653217.697412.jpg

PicsArt_03-04-09.01.30.jpg

Four finger hand check, finally got one of them fancy like RDA's. Although it only really fits 2.5 ID coils, this thing is amazing. Dual aliens at 0.11 vaping my chops off. Perfect balance between flavour and clouds.

Oh my gosh. @BumbleBee you were so right. This is really good! Such rich flavour. More than the single coil. Airflow feels smoother.

Am loving this. But it's very strong for this juice. This is a tobacco at about 14mg. Hehe.

Loving it!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1488654931.327692.jpg

Looks good. Out of interest didn't yours come with an extra ceramic block in the box?

Going to find the box. Thanks @Flava - will report back

Last edited:
Oh my word ! @Flava - you champ! Thanks man!

There is a spare ceramic block in the box! Whooohoooo!

:dancer2:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1488655442.817771.jpg

Yeah baby yeah. Geekvape thought of me losing the other one. Am so chuffed. My wife is very relieved and there is happiness in the land.

This is only something us enthusiastic vapers would understand.

Thanks again @Flava. If it wasn't for your post I probably wouldn't have looked in the box for quite a long time.

But

This is amazing. Am loving this dual coil setup
So i just might not be needing the ceramic blocker for a while...

The reason I also chose the single coil route was for easy refilling by just removing the ceramic blocker - because the little fillport flap looked a bit flimsy and the rubber seal on there didnt look too good when i got the device. It also looked like the little fill ports were a bit too small. But it all worked fine tonight when I used it for the first time with my plastic needle tip nozzle juice bottle. The nozzle just fits in there.

Funny how I had to lose the ceramic block to force me to use a dual coil. Probably wouldnt have tried a dual for quite a long time, if at all.

Thats vaping

Oh my word ! @Flava - you champ! Thanks man!

There is a spare ceramic block in the box! Whooohoooo!

:dancer2:

View attachment 87117

Yeah baby yeah. Geekvape thought of me losing the other one. Am so chuffed. My wife is very relieved and there is happiness in the land.

This is only something us enthusiastic vapers would understand.

Thanks again @Flava. If it wasn't for your post I probably wouldn't have looked in the box for quite a long time.

Do yourself a favor and toss that extra one in the trash as well. ;)

Avo dual builds are what rule. But it's not just the dual coils in all my Avo's that are sure fire winners though. I put a quad build in one of my Avo G's as well. :)

picoxquad3.jpg

Do yourself a favor and toss that extra one in the trash as well. ;)

Avo dual builds are what rule. But it's not just the dual coils in all my Avo's that are sure fire winners though. I put a quad build in one of my Avo G's as well. :)

View attachment 87127

Thanks @Spydro - oh my gosh that quad coil - it will probably take me about a week to get that right and installed correctly - must be quite something though

Thanks @Spydro - oh my gosh that quad coil - it will probably take me about a week to get that right and installed correctly - must be quite something though

It's a flavor/vapor machine, but eats up batts and joose faster. This build is more for a dual series mod than the Pico I first had it on. On one of my Sig's with preheat set it can be a fire breathing dragon too. :D

Hi @Silver what resistance did that come out as and how many wraps? Quote interested to try Ni80

Missed your post in all the frenzy @Smoky Jordan
I did 7 wraps of 26g NI80 around 2.4 mm ID screwdriver
I didnt measure the coils individually because I was a bit upset with everything
The final build measured at 0.24 ohms initially on the dedicated ohm meter
I see its now at 0.27 ohms on the RX200 ohm reading.

Its strange because i did a similar coil when I had the single in there and found a happy relaxed vape at about 22 Watts. I would have thought the dual would need about 40 Watts at least. But strangely its also quite good as low as 25 Watts. Seems very nice at about 33 Watts. At 40 Watts I am doing shorter lung hits. Juice in here is a bit strong. But so far its working beautifully. Ramp up is very fast. No problems with wicking so far. Only problem is the juice is diminishing fast...

@Feliks Karp is that a Mad Dog RDA?

e53b772e90c43e550120c92bb43f3f91.jpg

Just got one of these and I'm quite impressed.

@Silver, a quad with 12mg juice is going to be epic, just think about that throat hit,lol

Sure thing @Petrus
But you know the lung hits have a different kind of throat sensation to the MTL
For a strong sharp punch I still prefer the MTL with 18mg
A high mg juice in a lung hit is not the same, its unpleasant and doesnt give me a sharp punch - more like an accumulated throb. And after a while one feels woosy. Dont like it. Its like I was cheated. I have to deal with the "woosiness" but dont get the sharp punch, if that makes sense?

Sure thing @Petrus
But you know the lung hits have a different kind of throat sensation to the MTL
For a strong sharp punch I still prefer the MTL with 18mg
A high mg juice in a lung hit is not the same, its unpleasant and doesnt give me a sharp punch - more like an accumulated throb. And after a while one feels woosy. Dont like it. Its like I was cheated. I have to deal with the "woosiness" but dont get the sharp punch, if that makes sense?
100% Agreed. Direct lung with high nic is very unpleasant compared to MTL. With high DL and high nic it feels like a kick in the chest and harsh on the throat.

Missed your post in all the frenzy @Smoky Jordan
I did 7 wraps of 26g NI80 around 2.4 mm ID screwdriver
I didnt measure the coils individually because I was a bit upset with everything
The final build measured at 0.24 ohms initially on the dedicated ohm meter
I see its now at 0.27 ohms on the RX200 ohm reading.

Its strange because i did a similar coil when I had the single in there and found a happy relaxed vape at about 22 Watts. I would have thought the dual would need about 40 Watts at least. But strangely its also quite good as low as 25 Watts. Seems very nice at about 33 Watts. At 40 Watts I am doing shorter lung hits. Juice in here is a bit strong. But so far its working beautifully. Ramp up is very fast. No problems with wicking so far. Only problem is the juice is diminishing fast...
Thanks @Silver that sounds good except for the juice part going down but hey if the flavourS good...

Back