1 Flavour, 2 Different Tanks, 2 Completely Different Flavours...

Jebula999

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Sup Vapes,

I seem to have just realized something...

I have been using an EgoONE for the past 2 months now, and yesterday i got my hands on a Sigelei 150W and Kangertech Subtank.

The problem i am seeing is that if i put the exact same liquid in both tanks, the EgoONE tank has a ton of flavour and is amazing, while the Kangertech Subtank has nearly no flavour at all... Both run 0.5ohm coils, running my Sigelei at around 20-25 watts. They produce the same cloud and feel. Yet the EgoONE tank seems to perform better as far as flavour goes.

Any ideas on what i can do to improve the flavour more on the Kangertech without sacrificing too much cloud (Not cloud chasing persey, but i like the amount it puts out.)

Have you tried upping the wattage on the subtank? Perhaps it needs a bit more power to heat up all the wire and wick, there's a good chance you can crank up the power and get as much flavour and even more clouds out of it.

If i take it anywhere over 25watts it goes to a dry hit half way through the pull :/

I'm using it at 15Watts now and i can take about 3 puffs before the dry taste kicks in

If i take it anywhere over 25watts it goes to a dry hit half way through the pull :/

I'm using it at 15Watts now and i can take about 3 puffs before the dry taste kicks in
Then theres definitely something up with the coil.

A 0.5ohm coil should be able to be pumped way over 25W

Do you have any spare coils to swop and see if that helps?

I have plenty coils, I'm on my 3rd for the day as we speak.

I have used one premade OCC coil, one that i rebuilt, and now i am using the RBA deck with a prebuilt coil

Are you using the stock coils or the RBA base? If stock coils then was it new and have you tried another one?

I have plenty coils, I'm on my 3rd for the day as we speak.

I have used one premade OCC coil, one that i rebuilt, and now i am using the RBA deck with a prebuilt coil
Ah ok, disregard my previous comment. Sounds to me like a juice issue. Are you using a high VG juice?

I'm using the Clouds of Icarus Cinama, i think its a 70/30.

I'm using the Clouds of Icarus Cinama, i think its a 70/30.
OK, get your hands on a pin and poke a few holes through the cotton in the coil, that should open it up so that the thicker VG juice can flow more freely towards the burny bit in the middle.

OK, get your hands on a pin and poke a few holes through the cotton in the coil, that should open it up so that the thicker VG juice can flow more freely towards the burny bit in the middle.
Nice that's a awesome tip. I'm also going to do that. I'm also having problems with my 70/30 blends.

Ill give this a shot, Dubz also recommended doing this when i picked up the Mod.

Im currently using the RBA deck atm, when i have ran my liquid dry i will do the conversion back to the coil and let you know what happens.

Thanx for the help

Ill give this a shot, Dubz also recommended doing this when i picked up the Mod.

Im currently using the RBA deck atm, when i have ran my liquid dry i will do the conversion back to the coil and let you know what happens.

Thanx for the help
on the RBA deck you just need to get your wicking method right, I only use the RBA. Make sure you have enough wick to fill the coil but not too much that you can't pull it through without moving the coil. If you have the older type RBA deck with the two small channels at the bottom, make sure they are open and not covered by wicking material.

Thanx for the help

You have to get the wicking right when using the RBA base especially since you're using a 70/30 juice.

That being said I still haven't gotten it right :-( but will give pancake method a try

The vocc coils are really good, I mean really good. I vape them now at 30w and not one single dry hit I have been through 2 packs already. The old occ ones were bad. If u in northcliff il give you one to try u won't go wrong. I never had much luck with the rba section either. Worked well for abit then got dry hits

You have to get the wicking right when using the RBA base especially since you're using a 70/30 juice.

That being said I still haven't gotten it right :-( but will give pancake method a try
I will be uploading pics now of my coil and wicking.

Less cotton man. I personally aim to make it JUST touch the top of the deck, like barely barely. You basically want the cotton making the smallest seal possible between the holes and the chimney.

I have now changed again, to another rebuilt OCC coil, i made sure there was enough movement for the juice, im running a 1ohm coil at 17watts, and the 2nd intake is a dry hit...

I'm thinking i should just get a different tank.. One better suited for my liking

Wicking is tricky man. And wicking on tanks even moreso. It takes some practice I'm afraid but it's way cheaper to just change cotton every day as opposed to using new expensive coils.

Less cotton man. I personally aim to make it JUST touch the top of the deck, like barely barely. You basically want the cotton making the smallest seal possible between the holes and the chimney.
I will give this a try when i get home later, heading off for some chow down soon

I tried the previous version of the Subtank Mini. Not the one that comes with the Subox Mini kits (the black and white ones). Could never get good flavour from it. Tried the RBA and the commercial coils. Got rid of it in the end.

The new Mini Subtank is much better. Have only used the VOCC coil so far, so cannot comment on the RBA for it.

Back