18 & 20 AWG Wire

I'm going to keep quiet now, as my love for Ni80 is, erm ... well ... it isn't, so ... I'll second @Stranger ... use it to strap the barbed wire on top of your wall :rolleyes:
There are however a number of vapers on ecigssa that swear by it tho' ... South African are a hardy bunch after all, so let's see if one of them has used 18 and or 20 gauge :think:
Jumper cables :D

I'm going to keep quiet now, as my love for Ni80 is, erm ... well ... it isn't, so ... I'll second @Stranger ... use it to strap the barbed wire on top of your wall :rolleyes:
There are however a number of vapers on ecigssa that swear by it tho' ... South African are a hardy bunch after all, so let's see if one of them has used 18 and or 20 gauge :think:
Jumper cables :D

I tried making aliens once. What I got was one good coil and another that looked like barbed wire.
The barb vapes nice though.

I have some 20 gauge Ni80 wire that I want to try in my Valhalla v2 atty still. I have used it spaced out on single coil in the OG Zeus and it worked quite well.

So,

i got me some 18 & 20 AWG wire. Any recommendations on what you guys do with this from your side? Target Resistance, number of wraps. Twisted?

im thinking of 0.13 resistance with 6 wraps on the 18awg
Once made some twisted 24 ga kanthal coils . Flavour was amazing . Worked well in my rebirt rta and all my others . Have to make a few again.

need to try this. how many ohms and wraps did you use?
A bit of advice I learned late in my vaping journey. Dont worry too much about ohms and watts and wraps and blah blah.

What works for me might not work for you.

I like a low ohm alien build but at low power. 0.3 at 20w where the next person will hammer 50w through that coil.

Build a coil with your wire and give it a go! Maybe it’s epic and maybe it’s not but only one way you will find out!

A bit of advice I learned late in my vaping journey. Dont worry too much about ohms and watts and wraps and blah blah.

What works for me might not work for you.

I like a low ohm alien build but at low power. 0.3 at 20w where the next person will hammer 50w through that coil.

Build a coil with your wire and give it a go! Maybe it’s epic and maybe it’s not but only one way you will find out!
Apologies if tone is grumpy. I’m grumpy. Flu has me very grumpy this week.

Apologies if tone is grumpy. I’m grumpy. Flu has me very grumpy this week.
Get Mommy to make you some Chicken Soup ;) either that or a couple of shots of Sherry usually get me back on track, (if a couple don't work, then just finish the bottle, in which case you'll forget you're ill).

ManFlu.png

Back