18 & 20 AWG Wire

T666

Tenacious Vaper
LV

Awards
So,

i got me some 18 & 20 AWG wire. Any recommendations on what you guys do with this from your side? Target Resistance, number of wraps. Twisted?

im thinking of 0.13 resistance with 6 wraps on the 18awg

So,

i got me some 18 & 20 AWG wire. Any recommendations on what you guys do with this from your side? Target Resistance, number of wraps. Twisted?

what attie are you putting it in?

So,

i used to use 22g 7 wraps dual coil in my OG Goon. once it heats up after the first pulse or 2 then it was an amazing vape. Never tried 20g let alone 18g!

So,

What wire is it? Kanthal, Ni80, Stainless, or ... Mild steel galvanised "Bloudraad"

i used to use 22g 7 wraps dual coil in my OG Goon. once it heats up after the first pulse or 2 then it was an amazing vape. Never tried 20g let alone 18g!
I used Kanthal here.

That's heeeeeeeeeeectic Paul ... the thickest I've gone is 24G, and even that's hot enough to burn a second lower orifice :oops:
If i remember correctly i used to wrap 7 (possibly 8) wraps on a 3mm bit and throw a dual into the goon @ 100w. all day every day. it was ridiculous! I will see if i can dig up a picture of it somewhere.

Last edited:
If i remember correctly i used to wrap 7 (possibly 8) wraps on a 3mm bit and throw a dual into the goon @ 100w. all day every day. it was ridiculous! I will see if i can dig up a picture of it somewhere.
No wonder the muffin man calls you hardcore :think: ... I've done a single puff at 100W on the nose with a 40mm Titan ONCE! as my single "claim to fame" ... NEVER to be repeated either I may add :sweating:

No wonder the muffin man calls you hardcore :think: ... I've done a single puff at 100W on the nose with a 40mm Titan ONCE! as my single "claim to fame" ... NEVER to be repeated either I may add :sweating:
I couldn’t that now! Would blow the last hair off the top of my head!

The Hellvape Rebirth.

Ni80
I'm going to keep quiet now, as my love for Ni80 is, erm ... well ... it isn't, so ... I'll second @Stranger ... use it to strap the barbed wire on top of your wall :rolleyes:
There are however a number of vapers on ecigssa that swear by it tho' ... South African are a hardy bunch after all, so let's see if one of them has used 18 and or 20 gauge :think:

I'm going to keep quiet now, as my love for Ni80 is, erm ... well ... it isn't, so ... I'll second @Stranger ... use it to strap the barbed wire on top of your wall :rolleyes:
There are however a number of vapers on ecigssa that swear by it tho' ... South African are a hardy bunch after all, so let's see if one of them has used 18 and or 20 gauge :think:
again, never used 20g, thickest I ever went with Ni80 was 22g. It was some super low resistance and you going to make a dual coil?

What mod are you going to be using this on?

To get a 0.15 ohm dual coil you would need 9 wraps on a 3mm bit. those are some serious coils!

according to SteamEngine you would need a healthy 145w to fire them up!

my gracious.

again, never used 20g, thickest I ever went with Ni80 was 22g. It was some super low resistance and you going to make a dual coil?

What mod are you going to be using this on?

To get a 0.15 ohm dual coil you would need 9 wraps on a 3mm bit. those are some serious coils!

according to SteamEngine you would need a healthy 145w to fire them up!

my gracious.
I so want feedback on this build, maybe a video too ... this is noteworthy if for no other reason than to say; "I dunnit"

Let us know how it goes @T666
i think once it’s fired up, it’ll stay warm for a while :)
Share a pic of your rig when it’s set up

22 gauge is the thickest wire I have used also and that was a good while back!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-08-19-43-47-002.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-08-19-43-47-002.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_2023-11-08-19-43-31-787.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-08-19-43-31-787.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_2023-11-08-19-43-12-113.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-08-19-43-12-113.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 6
As much as possible. But be patient, because it's frustrating when learning lol
I won't be practising, like many I tried to do Aliens and as well as practice it also takes some natural ability which I have lacking when it comes to building coils!

I won't be practising, like many I tried to do Aliens and as well as practice it also takes some natural ability which I have lacking when it comes to building coils!
The daedalus coil making jig has everything in it to start making your own aliens

Back