Zirconium Wire Anyone?

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi all, I have noticed for a while the high-end and pioneering modder Golden Greek always seem to use Zirconium Wire when promoting their RTA’s! For a while I have always wondered what it’s characteristics are and what if any benefits while the cynic in me wonders is it simply a case of it’s expensive so look at me using expensive wire in my expensive RTA, the cynic in me is growing as when asking about it’s characteristics, possible benefits and where can I get some in the UK on their Facebook page as been met with silence.

Does any members have any knowledge of Zirconium Wire so I can decide on whether it’s worth trying if I can get hold of any of course.

In case any members are interested have had plenty of input on another forum with this being posted by a member which I found helpful.

"Zirconium is the most healthy wire available because of its full bio-compatibility, it’s hard, its oxides are not harmful, it has a very high melting point, it has suitable to vaping resistance, it’s full compatible with TC mods because it’s pure metal and not an alloy (alloys don't work well on TC), and it doesn’t have any taste"

The thread that is going on other forum can be followed here:

Not sure if @charln as any first hand knowledge of this type of wire?

This would be interesting if someone could bring it in

This would be interesting if someone could bring it in
Yeah when reading it's characteristics it sounds like the perfect wire for vaping so why so unavailable, as much as I have tried I can't get any in the UK either.

Found a place in SA, but they only stock 36ga

Yeah when reading it's characteristics it sounds like the perfect wire for vaping so why so unavailable, as much as I have tried I can't get any in the UK either.

@Timwis - seems they have a UK branch. Alas, nothing in SA.
That's in Gibraltar mate the island just off Spain which is governed by the UK, they don't stock the wire anyway they are just an online retailer that just stocks a few of their products. Can get it a few places in Europe but since Brexit to order anything from Europe to the UK I might as well be ordering from Mars!

Will go on their live chat tomorrow, seeing a list like that rather than being sold by a vaping retailer worries me a bit that I'm actually getting the right stuff for example the annealed will be no good but definitely worth investigating! Cheers mate.

Reading up about annealed wire and it sounds like I got that wrong it would probably be more suitable, anyone know?

Hi all, I have noticed for a while the high-end and pioneering modder Golden Greek always seem to use Zirconium Wire when promoting their RTA’s! For a while I have always wondered what it’s characteristics are and what if any benefits while the cynic in me wonders is it simply a case of it’s expensive so look at me using expensive wire in my expensive RTA, the cynic in me is growing as when asking about it’s characteristics, possible benefits and where can I get some in the UK on their Facebook page as been met with silence.

Does any members have any knowledge of Zirconium Wire so I can decide on whether it’s worth trying if I can get hold of any of course.
Thanks @Timwis as I've/I'd never heard of this wire type before.

At long last due to the great results I have had using Titanium got some Zirconium en-route from Germany!

At long last due to the great results I have had using Titanium got some Zirconium en-route from Germany!
Awesome. Let us know re your experience using it compared to the other like Ni-80 please.

I understand that, I am just curious re flavour output
I will let you know, I have high hopes due to the Titanium I have been using which gives better flavour than anything else I have used.

I understand that, I am just curious re flavour output
Also ordered some SS430 which is nickel free. I was surprised to learn that SS316 can include up to 15% nickel.

Awesome. Let us know re your experience using it compared to the other like Ni-80 please.
It might be a while yet they despatched it Monday morning with tracking that had the usual Data information received but got to today to check if it’s in the UK and tracking hasn’t changed, still not even processed by DHL. Contacted Zivipf and Thomas said it is not normal and also said he posted another parcel to the UK at the exact same time and showed me the tracking which has loads of scan points, is already in the UK and the dude will get it tomorrow. He basically said it looks like it’s been lost/stolen but he can’t do anything about it for 20 days and even after that DHL will insist on having their own investigation, lol!

It might be a while yet they despatched it Monday morning with tracking that had the usual Data information received but got to today to check if it’s in the UK and tracking hasn’t changed, still not even processed by DHL. Contacted Zivipf and Thomas said it is not normal and also said he posted another parcel to the UK at the exact same time and showed me the tracking which has loads of scan points, is already in the UK and the dude will get it tomorrow. He basically said it looks like it’s been lost/stolen but he can’t do anything about it for 20 days and even after that DHL will insist on having their own investigation, lol!
Urgh, good luck

Urgh, good luck
Of course they have set up their customer service just as answers to common queries, you can't get close to talking to a human, they don't even offer email support unless you have a business account with them! 26 euros seamed good value but now it seams a lot of money!

I'm wondering whether this isn't just a fad, as the malleability of Zirconium is very similar to that of copper, so although the wire would be better than Stainless Steel and possibly Titanium wrt it's oxidative properties, being as soft as what it is, is clearly going to amount to some deformation when rewicking, (particularly so when considering the gauges in question, 26, 27 and 28), meaning it is probably going to have to be replaced on a rewick anyway?

I'm wondering whether this isn't just a fad, as the malleability of Zirconium is very similar to that of copper, so although the wire would be better than Stainless Steel and possibly Titanium wrt it's oxidative properties, being as soft as what it is, is clearly going to amount to some deformation when rewicking, (particularly so when considering the gauges in question, 26, 27 and 28), meaning it is probably going to have to be replaced on a rewick anyway?
Time will tell when I get to try it, been hoping to try it for a long time so naturally have spent many hours googling it and sourcing out Youtube videos and have gone through many threads from vaping forums and Reddit going back as far as 8 years and over time it's use seams to of steadily increased if anything being held back only by availability being strictly for TC unlike SS so like Titanium very few places stock it, even most Ni200 that can be found is old stock very slowly being sold off. It's particularly popular in Greece and Germany although Tungsten is also popular in Germany but the resistance of Tungsten is even lower than Ni200 so won't be trying that any time soon!

Going back to it's malleability until I try it for myself I can only go by what others have said on the many threads discussing using zirconium that I have read through and not one person mentioned it being an issue and although the videos are not English so I don't actually understand what is being said I have watched re-wicks and cleaning of zirconium coils and they keep their shape as well as any other coil even though more effort is needed brushing the wire because like other TC only wire it shouldn't be dry burned on the up side I have found when using TC the coils and wick don't get caked up like when using power modes.

Last edited:
Back