18650 dual box mod

LeakingDeath69

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi all im in Port elizabeth and right now im vaping a apollo Mech and i just want more.. so im looking to make a dual 18650, i have the box already and have got 510 connection and everything else just need a decent push button any place in PE where i can get one? not looking to order online unless thats the only way?

Are you planning on protecting the switch with a mosfet?

Morning @LeakingDeath69 Welcome to the Forum! We have a local group based around PE, Despatch and Uitenhage. We do have a whatsapp group were we announce dates and times for our Monthly vape meets and group buys and so on. If you would like me to add you please feel free to pm me your number and I will add you too it. Its not nearly as big as the main centre meets but its something.

There is no switch locally that will handle the type of amps that a dual 18650 mod does. Unless you're going to vape under 10 amps all the way, you either have to get a mechanical switch or put in a mosfet to protect the switch. A normal momentary switch will not handle the amps and will melt. Not safe.

I strongly suggest you include a resettable fuse and a mosfet. They're a cheap price to pay for peace of mind. A decent mosfet wont give you much voltage drop and you can always wire two in parallel if you so desire in order to reduce this. It will not only protect your box but also your hand and face and dog and most importantly, the reputation of ecigs.

There is no switch locally that will handle the type of amps that a dual 18650 mod does. Unless you're going to vape under 10 amps all the way, you either have to get a mechanical switch or put in a mosfet to protect the switch. A normal momentary switch will not handle the amps and will melt. Not safe.
What website or where will i be able to buy a switch and mosfet?

Last edited:
Pleasure. Just be safe and enjoy your vaping :)

Hi all im in Port elizabeth and right now im vaping a apollo Mech and i just want more.. so im looking to make a dual 18650, i have the box already and have got 510 connection and everything else just need a decent push button any place in PE where i can get one? not looking to order online unless thats the only way?

Welcome to the forum @LeakingDeath69 , hope you come right with your switch
Have moved this thread to "modders paradise". It was in "forum suggestions"
All the best

Back