26650 Batteries For Sub-ohm In Mech Mod - Current Drain Questions

Incorrect. Read the specs

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Mnke is also only a burst of 60A. So no difference there

But it did have a MAH Rating of 4000 correct?

I don't pay much attention to pulse or continuous discharge anymore since my latest experiments.
I run somewhere in the middle of pulse and continuous ratings. I don't fire a mod for half an hour. I fire it for about four seconds. To me that's a pulse.

Is it safe? Probably not. Do I recommend it? No. Do I do everything my mommy tells me not to? No.
0.15Ω is where I live... might as well be where I die >:D

Also not to mention the problem of finding legitimate "sony" batteries. They are soo badly branded that the Chinese suppliers are full of clones.

Not to mention one battery that has higher or equal to mah of 3100 with a decent amperage. There is no manufacturer. On all of efest series I feel it's impossible to beat their value, performance, innovation.

Thanks for all the help!

Kind of wish I hadn't purchased the Hades and locked myself into 26650 now! Seems it was pretty pointless for now. Maybe some better batteries will come in some time in the future.

Battery life, well efest 18650 35A are 2500mah and the 26650 are 3000mah, so it's not a major major difference. I mean, for the extra bulk of the mod you I would have called double capacity decent, not 20% more...

Mmm, a little late now; but I see VapeKing stocks the Purple Range 26650's from EFest now, and those have a 32 amp continuous discharge rate limit

Imo, 0.35ohm is good enough - unless you want to go cloud chasing I can't see the point of going lower.I myself don't see the need to go lower than 0.4 - 0.5; otherwise I go through my juice like crazy

Yeah those new purple efest that have arrived at vapeking look pretty awesome, I will be picking a few of those up.

Running a 0.4ohm build on the hades clone with the red efest 26650 with a battery voltage of 4.06V measures 3.1V between the + and - posts (screw pins where you screw the coils to) on a TOBH atty v2 clone from vapeking while firing.

All battery ratings aside, I have been running a 0.3ohm build on the TOBH atty v2 on the hades with the red efest 26650 for the last couple of days, burst rating says I should be fine, continuous rating (15A) says I should have only 1A left of safety, it's been working well so far, and if I chain vape from saturated to dry wick and remove the battery immediately after the last pull the battery comes out cool to the touch or at the very very worst case almost unnoticeably warm, so I feel that that's relatively safe.

All battery ratings aside, I have been running a 0.3ohm build on the TOBH atty v2 on the hades with the red efest 26650 for the last couple of days, burst rating says I should be fine, continuous rating (15A) says I should have only 1A left of safety, it's been working well so far, and if I chain vape from saturated to dry wick and remove the battery immediately after the last pull the battery comes out cool to the touch or at the very very worst case almost unnoticeably warm, so I feel that that's relatively safe.
Until you get a short. Or the firing button is not released for whatever reason. Be ultra careful, but seems to me you know what you are doing.

Yeah those new purple efest that have arrived at vapeking look pretty awesome, I will be picking a few of those up.

Running a 0.4ohm build on the hades clone with the red efest 26650 with a battery voltage of 4.06V measures 3.1V between the + and - posts (screw pins where you screw the coils to) on a TOBH atty v2 clone from vapeking while firing.

Lol, I'm using the exact same setup a I sit here and type this (same batteries, mod and atty). Alost same resistance as well, my build is at 0.4Ohm

Been using these batteries like this for a few months now, so far no issues :D Happy vaping man

Lol, I'm using the exact same setup a I sit here and type this (same batteries, mod and atty). Alost same resistance as well, my build is at 0.4Ohm

Been using these batteries like this for a few months now, so far no issues :D Happy vaping man
That 0.1 ohms higher resistance makes a huge difference. With a fresh battery you will be at 10.5A, which is a goodish margin.

@M4dm0nk3y have you by chance to measured the voltage to your coils while firing (0.4ohm, hades, red efest 26650, tobh atty clone)?

There is a heck of a lot of resistance somewhere in the chain, trying to narrow down whether it's mostly hades (original known to be pretty high resistance - high voltage drop) or whether it's also partly also the tobh atty clone or (I suspect) the bulk of it being in the batteries internal resistance.

Pushing a 0.4ohm build with a 4.06V battery and getting only 3.1V (measured while firing) to my actual coils means that the build I though was getting Power = (V*V)/R = (4.06*4.06)/0.4 = 41W, is actually only getting (3.1*3.1)/0.4 = 24W.

It would be interesting to do a comparison between the new purple efest 26650 and the red efest 26650 with the same build and see what the voltage delivered to the coils actually is, I suspect that the new purple efest being rated for higher current draw (continuous) would also have a lower internal resistance and thus delivery more voltage to your coils, how much more, that's the question!

Removing the spring in the bottom and replacing with magnets and removing the little spring on top for the floating pin will help with the drop... a little...

Thanks for the tips @Rooigevaar I had already removed the spring in the top floating pin, will try swapping the bottom spring for magnets! (i did try previously but i kept screwing it up and then i gave up haha!)

That looks like one absolutely awesome battery, specs wise!

What do you guys think of the graphs provided on that link?

http://www.kidneypuncher.com/vappower-imr-26650-4200-mah/

vappower-2.jpg

Many of us are doing builds where we are aiming for 10A+, look at how much of a voltage drop we get even with a "fully charged" battery, starting from the 0mAh end of the graph. I think that the internal resistance of the battery (causing the voltage drop under current load) is reducing the power delivered to our actual coils way beyond what we are expecting/planning for. I doubt any of us (I'm not) are taking this into account. Whether we should account for this, and how to, is another story...

That looks like one absolutely awesome battery, specs wise!

What do you guys think of the graphs provided on that link?

http://www.kidneypuncher.com/vappower-imr-26650-4200-mah/

View attachment 9417

Many of us are doing builds where we are aiming for 10A+, look at how much of a voltage drop we get even with a "fully charged" battery, starting from the 0mAh end of the graph. I think that the internal resistance of the battery (causing the voltage drop under current load) is reducing the power delivered to our actual coils way beyond what we are expecting/planning for. I doubt any of us (I'm not) are taking this into account. Whether we should account for this, and how to, is another story...
Looks great. I am impressed that they clearly put out the info needed for a layman like me. And it seems this battery has been created specifically with vapers in mind!

@M4dm0nk3y have you by chance to measured the voltage to your coils while firing (0.4ohm, hades, red efest 26650, tobh atty clone)?

There is a heck of a lot of resistance somewhere in the chain, trying to narrow down whether it's mostly hades (original known to be pretty high resistance - high voltage drop) or whether it's also partly also the tobh atty clone or (I suspect) the bulk of it being in the batteries internal resistance.

Pushing a 0.4ohm build with a 4.06V battery and getting only 3.1V (measured while firing) to my actual coils means that the build I though was getting Power = (V*V)/R = (4.06*4.06)/0.4 = 41W, is actually only getting (3.1*3.1)/0.4 = 24W.

It would be interesting to do a comparison between the new purple efest 26650 and the red efest 26650 with the same build and see what the voltage delivered to the coils actually is, I suspect that the new purple efest being rated for higher current draw (continuous) would also have a lower internal resistance and thus delivery more voltage to your coils, how much more, that's the question!

Sorry for the late reply on this, updating my notification settings right away!

My current coil on my Tobh is sitting at 0.32Ohm

Right now the most topped up EFest 26650 Red I have is reading in at 4.13V installed in my Hades (not under load)

Under load on the mentioned coil in my Hades, voltage drops to 2.8V

So, yes - it's bad...I don't know why I never bothered to test this before :eek:

I also tested with my HCigar Nemesis, with a Sony VTC5 and the same atty and coil

4.16V: No load
3.36V: While firing (under load)

It would be interesting to see other people's results as well - I definitely need to do more research

I also tested with my HCigar Nemesis, with a Sony VTC5 and the same atty and coil

4.16V: No load
3.36V: While firing (under load)

It would be interesting to see other people's results as well - I definitely need to do more research
The voltage drop for a Reo (has cold plated contacts) is around 0.2V.

Back