3D Printed Battery Dispensers

baksteen8168

Useful Idiot
LV

Awards
Just a thread to track the progress of the dispensers that I'm printing for various members.

@CJB85 - Your Dark Blue dispenser is done and your Light Blue one is busy printing.

Q3zhZus.jpg

lpdHxAO.jpg

The printer is going to be quite busy this week :-D

The following members dispensers still need to be printed

@adriaanh - Dark Blue 21700
@ARYANTO - Dark Red 21700
@M.Adhir - 18650 + 21700 (Still has to pick colors)

Just a thread to track the progress of the dispensers that I'm printing for various members.

@CJB85 - Your Dark Blue dispenser is done and your Light Blue one is busy printing.

Q3zhZus.jpg

lpdHxAO.jpg

The printer is going to be quite busy this week :-D

The following members dispensers still need to be printed

@adriaanh - Dark Blue 21700
@ARYANTO - Dark Red 21700
@M.Adhir - 18650 + 21700 (Still has to pick colors)
Looking awesome!!!

Joh! You're using a lot of plastic. Nice prints though.
This is the one I designed and printed for myself. Uses very very little plastic and still very strong.

UBk9cz8.jpg

bhx3ZUS.jpg

Only takes six batteries, but that's all I need.

This is the one I designed and printed for myself. Uses very very little plastic and still very strong.

UBk9cz8.jpg

bhx3ZUS.jpg

You can sell that as a safety feature, the holder comes with venting holes!

UBk9cz8.jpg

bhx3ZUS.jpg

Looking good. I'm sure I could have re-designed the STL files I got off thingiverse to make them more economical on the plastic side, but I'm quite happy with the overall plastic used. The thingiverse design is also one that everyone is after:)

Am I next in line, how fast do I need to decide colours

@M.Adhir - Your 1st one will go on tomorrow morning. Almost time to pick your colors :--P :-D

Here's where im headed
3 x holders

Light blue/ cyan 18650
Red 18650 (fire engine I guess, coz not orange)

21700- if the light green is like a lime green then that colour, else dark blue is fine

Here's where im headed
3 x holders

Light blue/ cyan 18650
Red 18650 (fire engine I guess, coz not orange)

21700- if the light green is like a lime green then that colour, else dark blue is fine
The green is a dark olive green.

So then it's:
2 x 18650 (Light Blue and Dark Red)
1 x 21700 (Dark Blue)

Guys, I have been contacted by admin regarding the sale of the dispensers.

I would like to clarify that this is in no way a commercial interest, I'm purely assisting the forumites who wanted dispensers. As such I'll finish the prints for those who asked me for them and that will be it. My apologies if I stepped on any toes. I'll contact the 3 members that still need to get their dispensers via PM.

I completely understand where the admins are coming from and I have no hard feelings about this so don't go attack the admins about this. :)

I would like to clarify that this is in no way a commercial interest, I'm purely assisting the forumites who wanted dispensers. As such I'll finish the prints for those who asked me for them and that will be it. My apologies if I stepped on any toes. I'll contact the 3 members that still need to get their dispensers via PM.

I completely understand where the admins are coming from and I have no hard feelings about this so don't go attack the admins about this. :)
:confused:

Thanks for clarifying it @baksteen8168

But just to make it clear, there's nothing wrong you printing a few of these for your friends on the forum - that is great community spirit

But if you plan on turning this into a commercial exercise of sorts - then that kind of activity needs to be done in a dedicated vendor subforum.

Your prints look cool by the way ! And the forumites that have gotten them so far are lucky

Back