A bottom feed mod is born

kimbo

Flavor Junky
VIP
LV

Awards
I came across this wile on Facebook:

10750138_1599241490299479_6210100559478043274_o.jpg

I spoke to the creators. The are a small clone company that want to move away from the norm and give the vaping community a cheap authentic bottom feed mod.

The mod will be named KUI after the Chinese characters it will be decorated with.

According to Wikipedia: Classic texts use this name for the legendary musician Kui who invented music and dancing; for the one-legged mountain demon or rain-god Kui variously said to resemble a Chinese dragon, a drum, or a monkey with a human face; and for the Kuiniu wild yak or buffalo.

At this stage the mod is still in its infancy and will undergo quite a lot of changes to the finished product. The mod will be done in aluminum and they are aiming at a retail price of between $30 and $50 per mod.

If you want to follow the progress, here is the Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/Scanstech

I will post more as i get some more news :)

kui.1080.jpg

These are just for looks, they will change as the Mod goes into production but i just wanted to show you

They gave me the dimensions as well
Depth - 22mm
Height - 86mm Without the catch cup
Width - 41mm

These might chance a small amount in the final version

Last edited:
nice find @kimbo
looks interesting.
everytime i see one of these i feel like i should have a go at it

Im in also for a pre order. Maybe you could ask them if they can make a version with a chip inside.

Im in also for a pre order. Maybe you could ask them if they can make a version with a chip inside.

Actually i did ask them, they told me they want to keep cost down at the moment. With the cost of a DNA being almost $30 just that will double the price

10417648_1599756146914680_1891290887412670381_n.jpg

From the FB page: The contacts for the mod, copper alloy for the best performance

I came across this wile on Facebook:

10750138_1599241490299479_6210100559478043274_o.jpg

I spoke to the creators. The are a small clone company that want to move away from the norm and give the vaping community a cheap authentic bottom feed mod.

The mod will be named KUI after the Chinese characters it will be decorated with.

According to Wikipedia: Classic texts use this name for the legendary musician Kui who invented music and dancing; for the one-legged mountain demon or rain-god Kui variously said to resemble a Chinese dragon, a drum, or a monkey with a human face; and for the Kuiniu wild yak or buffalo.

At this stage the mod is still in its infancy and will undergo quite a lot of changes to the finished product. The mod will be done in aluminum and they are aiming at a retail price of between $30 and $50 per mod.

If you want to follow the progress, here is the Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/Scanstech

I will post more as i get some more news :)

kui.1080.jpg

These are just for looks, they will change as the Mod goes into production but i just wanted to show you

They gave me the dimensions as well
Depth - 22mm
Height - 86mm Without the catch cup
Width - 41mm

These might chance a small amount in the final version
Nice find dude, these look awesome.

@kimbo that end result looks amazing. not what i expected at all. all of a sudden i feel interest brewing

@kimbo that end result looks amazing. not what i expected at all. all of a sudden i feel interest brewing
Yea I had butterflies in my tummy when I saw these. I new I will be able to afford a nice bottom feed mod

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Capturekui.JPG

If all goes according to plan they will go on sale by the 10th :)
a bf mod for that price... definitely worth trying out. And if its crap i can use the spares to build my bf regulated mod somewhere in the future

Will monitor the progress of this little gem closely :)

See the web site says a 14 mm atomizer is included. Wonder if that catch cup limits the mod to that size atomizer?

Back