Alcohol based juices

0.008% will evaporate long before you have the cap completely off.
Yep - probably gone by the time we finished mixing it - and I doubt there is a test that can be done to detect amounts that small.

The good news is that a lot of the flavour companies we use are slowly but surely changing their flavour creations to use chemicals that do not need alcohol as a solvent, and as they come out, we replace them and update the site accordingly.

Same goes for acetoin, they are replacing it with Butyric Acid - it is naturally occurring in milk, butters, and some cheeses and gives the same buttery, custard notes as acetoin.

Popped TFA an e-mail just to confirm my google-fu and they just replied (love their customer service)

Basically the small amount of alcohol they add is for some of the flavouring molecules that have a hard time combining with PG (the main base of TFA and most other flavourings)

Ok so here's my opinion, for what it's worth. As a muslim myself, I prefer to stay away from juices that are advertised (for lack of a better word) as having alcohol in them on the various websites. I also try to stay away from those that have 'alcohol flavours', if you understand the difference I'm trying to point out. For example, Five Pawns Castle Long is described on the Vapemob website as "Our non-barrel aged version is a combination of the dark, refined spirit of Kentucky Bourbon, accented with..." So I stay away from it, just like I stay away from bacon flavoured mini cheddars. However, I do understand that not all alcohol is there for drinking purposes or gettign drunk (I failed chemistry at school so I can't go into too much detail here), eg. the alcohol solution used in perfume or cologne, cough mixture, many cleaning detergents, etc. So I don't really see it being too much of a problem if a certain type of alcohol solution (in the raw scientific/organic chemistry sense of the word) is used as a binding agent, or whatever else they use it for. Having said that though, I'm not too clued up about the mixing of flavours and all the processes involved, so I still rather refrain until I maybe know a bit better. Thanks for this thread though. I'm finding it very helpful and informative. Especially for the vendors taking the time to help us camel-jockeys out;)

Ok so here's my opinion, for what it's worth. As a muslim myself, I prefer to stay away from juices that are advertised (for lack of a better word) as having alcohol in them on the various websites. I also try to stay away from those that have 'alcohol flavours', if you understand the difference I'm trying to point out. For example, Five Pawns Castle Long is described on the Vapemob website as "Our non-barrel aged version is a combination of the dark, refined spirit of Kentucky Bourbon, accented with..." So I stay away from it, just like I stay away from bacon flavoured mini cheddars. However, I do understand that not all alcohol is there for drinking purposes or gettign drunk (I failed chemistry at school so I can't go into too much detail here), eg. the alcohol solution used in perfume or cologne, cough mixture, many cleaning detergents, etc. So I don't really see it being too much of a problem if a certain type of alcohol solution (in the raw scientific/organic chemistry sense of the word) is used as a binding agent, or whatever else they use it for. Having said that though, I'm not too clued up about the mixing of flavours and all the processes involved, so I still rather refrain until I maybe know a bit better. Thanks for this thread though. I'm finding it very helpful and informative. Especially for the vendors taking the time to help us camel-jockeys out;)

This is kinda the reason why we decided to do it - I know the alcohol level is so low that it can probably not even be detected, but every person must decide for themselves to what extent they want to follow their religion's rules. Or perhaps there is someone out there that is deathly allergic to alcohol, then even trace amounts might affect them

Ok...

Nicoticket has replied saying all their juices are alcohol free.

Heathers heavenly vapes say that all except 2 of their juices (sparking cranberry and dew) are alcohol free.

Still waiting for Alien Visions reply, will let you know once they reply.

Ok...

Nicoticket has replied saying all their juices are alcohol free.

Heathers heavenly vapes say that all except 2 of their juices (sparking cranberry and dew) are alcohol free.

Still waiting for Alien Visions reply, will let you know once they reply.

Time to order some dew then. Kill 2 birds with one stone

Sent from my Vodafone 785 using Tapatalk

the feedback from vendors on this topic is really outstanding. i commend one and all. very good thread tho.
possibly could become a sticky or at least create a thread where vendors can post there alcohol based juices and make that a sticky.
this will be greatly appreciated by the muslim members as well as other members who do not consume alcohol for different reasons

Warren and Sharri from Vape King are currently away for some much needed R&R. I will make them aware of this thread as soon as they get back.

Alien Visions replied... They have a few that do contain traces of alcohol in some form or another.

None of them are stocked by Juicy Joes though. Their tobaccos are all alcohol free.

Hey @ShaneW which ones out of interest?

Caramel Kicker, Banana Slurry, any cheesecake flavor, Irish cream, maple melody, very berry blue, english toffee, sweet tart, bee's knees, watermelon overload, chai, blueberry crumble, and brawny blueberry.

Back