Alien Drains Batts

Quakes

Vaping Enthusiast
LV

Awards
I recently won a Smok Alien on the Forum, the problem is that it drains my batteries even if the mod is off and no atomizer.

Now I haven't used it in 2 days and forgot batteries in it (LG Chocs), now they don't want to charge. I don't know much about multimeters but I test the batteries on 20 DCV and get 2.1 on the first battery and 1.8 on the second battery.

Anyone maybe know why the Alien drains batteries and maybe a way to revive my brand new batteries?

My first thought when anyone mentions LG Chocs is to verify that they are the real McCoy. I've found fakes that look almost exactly like the real thing and they also "autodrain" all on their own. I doubt it's the mod.

My first thought when anyone mentions LG Chocs is to verify that they are the real McCoy. I've found fakes that look almost exactly like the real thing and they also "autodrain" all on their own. I doubt it's the mod.
I checked the batteries and they look real. I tested the batteries I use in my predator and also drains in the Alien but doesn't drain in my Predator.

I just inserted a brand new, never used VTC5's in it with about 20% left. Will keep an eye on it to see if it still drains just to double check.

Hmm, if it's draining 3 different sets of batteries then it must be a faulty device.

It must be the mod yes - Don't know if there's anything I can try to fix.

Is there a way to revive the batteries? I put them on charge now and it's shows it's charging and that they are almost full, but now when I put them in my predator, it goes on, but shows batteries as empty.

It must be the mod yes - Don't know if there's anything I can try to fix.

Is there a way to revive the batteries? I put them on charge now and it's shows it's charging and that they are almost full, but now when I put them in my predator, it goes on, but shows batteries as empty.
What charger are you using? Those batteries need a recovery charge if they are that low. Aliens are funny mods, most just work no issue but a few of them have the strangest problems. Try reloading the firmware. All mods drain batteries even if they are "off" it never really turns off if it has batteries in. With Aliens the test is to see if it connects to a pc. It might be working fine but if it does not connect the board is usually on its way out. Saying that the failure rate on them is very low.
Try loading firmware then let us know.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

What charger are you using? Those batteries need a recovery charge if they are that low. Aliens are funny mods, most just work no issue but a few of them have the strangest problems. Try reloading the firmware. All mods drain batteries even if they are "off" it never really turns off if it has batteries in. With Aliens the test is to see if it connects to a pc. It might be working fine but if it does not connect the board is usually on its way out. Saying that the failure rate on them is very low.
Try loading firmware then let us know.

Thanks, I'm using Nitecore I2 charger. I get it that mod will always drain batteries, but not this fast. I did upgrade the firmware after I noticed the problem, but upgrade didn't resolve the issue.

Thanks, I'm using Nitecore I2 charger. I get it that mod will always drain batteries, but not this fast. I did upgrade the firmware after I noticed the problem, but upgrade didn't resolve the issue.
It could be that the charger is picking the batts up as something other than LIon as the voltages are low. Charge them till it indicates full remove them for a few min and repeat they should bounce back.
As to the mod I'm out of ideas lol. I have a ipv mini that does that, the mod works but it will zap the battery down to half if I leave it alone for 24hrs.

It could be that the charger is picking the batts up as something other than LIon as the voltages are low. Charge them till it indicates full remove them for a few min and repeat they should bounce back.
As to the mod I'm out of ideas lol. I have a ipv mini that does that, the mod works but it will zap the battery down to half if I leave it alone for 24hrs.

Thanks man, I think you are on to something, the one showed fully charged, removed it and immediately put it back and it showing low. Will keep doing this and hope for the best.

With the mod, guess I will just keep it as an emergency backup mod.

Back