Ammit Dual Coil Version - Leaking Issues

NeXuS

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey Guys,

Anyone experiencing leaking issues from the bottom of the tank, not the airholes. I noticed it started a few days after i got it it was fine in the beginning first build. I rewicked it a dozen times different techniques, the flavor is great. No dry hits. Clear of airholes, wicking not crammed in the juice hole.

I had a few people help me already try rebuild it, tried 5 wraps claptop, and 7 and 8 wraps.

its not condensation because it looks more like a pool collecting at the base. Insulator seems fine also checked that.

Thanks

Hopefully you can get it sorted via the solutions offered in the comments.

I'm having the same issue with my Ammit Dual. Had to leave it at home this week due to it leaking.

Seems like a poor design decision.

Both the Ammit dual and Kylin have similar (or same?) leaking issues. They're almost identical as well despite being made by different companies.

Both the Ammit dual and Kylin have similar (or same?) leaking issues. They're almost identical as well despite being made by different companies.
Lol either way someone stole someone's poor design

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

You should read the comments on this thread, it may help to fix your problem.

I get condensation at the base. Definitely not leaking in the traditional sense. I find the Ammit has less condensation than the Kylin.

Using RTA fill technique described in various places might help. Had an airlock on the kylin once and this worked.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It's condensation. All of my bottom airflow attys do this and it annoys me no end. There's no fix because its a design issue. What happens is that after a puff, the coils are still hot and generating some vapour, as you are no longer puffing on it, the vapour gets into the airflow slots and then condenses in there. Over time (maybe half a day for me) it pools in there and seeps out between the airflow ring and the base of the tank. Nothing you do will stop this. My solution is to occasionally screw off the tank, wipe everything clean, gently blow into the tank to get excess droplets of juice out of the airflow, screw back on and vape...

It's condensation. All of my bottom airflow attys do this and it annoys me no end. There's no fix because its a design issue. What happens is that after a puff, the coils are still hot and generating some vapour, as you are no longer puffing on it, the vapour gets into the airflow slots and then condenses in there. Over time (maybe half a day for me) it pools in there and seeps out between the airflow ring and the base of the tank. Nothing you do will stop this. My solution is to occasionally screw off the tank, wipe everything clean, gently blow into the tank to get excess droplets of juice out of the airflow, screw back on and vape...

I found a way to prevent the "condensation" problem by doing the following.
a. Use as little cotton as possible.
b. I use a toothpick below the coil to move any cotton that may be in contact with the bottom airflow holes.

(The Red area on the diagram)Capture.PNG

This is the response I would've typed earlier had I not been replying on my mobile device. Agree completely. If you want to know if condensation is indeed the issue puff for a second or two longer after you release the fire button to inhale any excess vapour produced by residual heat. Do this for half a day religiously. If it is a condensation issue you should notice a marked improvement. I also sometimes blow on the atty just to get rid of any excess vapour. Does the trick for me.

Can you post a pic of an example of condensation. Mine gets to a point where I have juice on my fire button inside the protective sleeve.

b. I use a toothpick below the coil to move any cotton that may be in contact with the bottom airflow holes.

(The Red area on the diagram)View attachment 101965

Will try this see if it helps, I put an extra o ring on the top cap as well as replaced the one on the base and the kidney shape attachment you get for the 3 ml tank.

Will try this see if it helps, I put an extra o ring on the top cap as well as replaced the one on the base and the kidney shape attachment you get for the 3 ml tank.

Some pics of mine
b926b831e6cf220c3cea9c4c341ec863.jpg
71c46933db6ead8e6e96c09930880dd5.jpg
2d07623bd485727ce3a4318a6415b3d7.jpg

Yeah, I've tried this with my serpent mini 25. Didn't work for me hey. I now only use my aromamizer supreme tanks on on my dna 250 mods because it never has juice seepage as they are side airflow attys... To paranoid to get juice into the mod 510s lol

Tried this worked for a bit, damn this thing is starting to annoy me. Never had issues like this with atty or so long, normally i figure out the wicking and its sorted. Perhaps a design flaw.

Did you guys manage to resolve the Geekvape Ammit Dual Coil RTA leaking issues?

I had the same issue initially and did the following two things which seems to resolve it:

1. If you install the top fill section with the kidney holes, you need to put an o-ring on the top cap else you don't get a vacuum inside the tank. Notice that the top cap and top fill section are not sealed with an o-ring.
  2. Close off the juiceflow control before screwing the top cap off to fill, then screw off the top cap, fill the tank, close the top cap and open the juiceflow control again to retain the vacuum throughout.
I'll post an update here later once I've done a few fills to be sure.

I had the same issue initially and did the following two things which seems to resolve it:

1. If you install the top fill section with the kidney holes, you need to put an o-ring on the top cap else you don't get a vacuum inside the tank. Notice that the top cap and top fill section are not sealed with an o-ring.
  2. Close off the juiceflow control before screwing the top cap off to fill, then screw off the top cap, fill the tank, close the top cap and open the juiceflow control again to retain the vacuum throughout.

Also turning your mod upside down before opening the juice control seems to improve the vacuum retention

I emailed the GeekVape, they didnt ask questions just said they will be sending me a new base. There is a flaw in the build of the base. They wont admit it but yeah most companies wont.

There is a connection between the 2 companies the head, founder plus main designer of Vandy Vape was the main designer at Geekvape but left the company to start his own (Vandy Vape).

hi aa, i was turned off the Kylin because of the leaking, so are you saying the ammit dual also leaks ?

can handle condensation as i agree with posts above, but heavy leaking not

hi aa, i was turned off the Kylin because of the leaking, so are you saying the ammit dual also leaks ?

can handle condensation as i agree with posts above, but heavy leaking not
The problem is vaping products are moving on so quickly as soon as something is designed it's released obviously without being properly tested not just tanks it's why we get problems with mods like the 510 on the predator i actually have the Kylin and it doesn't leak at all but that's only because i got it a while after it had been released and they had solved the leaking problems. But it shouldn't be the buying public finding out issues for them to put right they should be properly tested first.

The problem is vaping products are moving on so quickly as soon as something is designed it's released obviously without being properly tested not just tanks it's why we get problems with mods like the 510 on the predator i actually have the Kylin and it doesn't leak at all but that's only because i got it a while after it had been released and they had solved the leaking problems. But it shouldn't be the buying public finding out issues for them to put right they should be properly tested first.

hi @Timwis firstly i really enjoy your posts, very nice, always look out for them on new products. So if i buy a new Ammit Dual now, it should be ok, since its been a while ?

either way, will get one anyway ...lol

Back