Ammit Dual Coil Version - Leaking Issues

@vicTor I can comment about the Kylin because i have it but i don't know about the Ammit, i can only guess but my guess is one made now would of had issues resolved just make sure you get it from somewhere that as high turnover of stock so you don't buy a early one that has been hanging around in stock.

@vicTor I can comment about the Kylin because i have it but i don't know about the Ammit, i can only guess but my guess is one made now would of had issues resolved just make sure you get it from somewhere that as high turnover of stock so you don't buy a early one that has been hanging around in stock.

@Timwis i guess it is the luck of the draw as you say, i could presume i have a "new" model but who's to say it isnt one of the initial ones with issues, but as i say, i will take the chance, in fact now i will get a Kylin and and Ammit Dual (just just got the 25, single coil)

keep up the good work and thanks for the feedback, talk soon

@Timwis i guess it is the luck of the draw as you say, i could presume i have a "new" model but who's to say it isnt one of the initial ones with issues, but as i say, i will take the chance, in fact now i will get a Kylin and and Ammit Dual (just just got the 25, single coil)

@vicTor no guarantees but gearbest might be a good option, that's where i got my leakfree Kylin

Like you i have the single coil Ammit and what a great tank that is for flavour.

Like you i have the single coil Ammit and what a great tank that is for flavour.

@Timwis i literally picked it up 3 days ago only (used), from my Smok big baby to this, wow, must agree, look I'm not doing my own coils yet, got pre-made for not, but wicking is a breeze, first try was a mess, dry hits galore, but then re-wicked a little differently and its awesome, wicking it seems is very important that is for sure

@Timwis i literally picked it up 3 days ago only (used), from my Smok big baby to this, wow, must agree, look I'm not doing my own coils yet, got pre-made for not, but wicking is a breeze, first try was a mess, dry hits galore, but then re-wicked a little differently and its awesome, wicking it seems is very important that is for sure
@vicTor nothing wrong with using pre-wound coils you still save a shed load of money compared to stock coils while also getting better flavour. I have loads of different wire but because i review that many tanks and need constant fresh builds i find myself using pre-wound coils more and more.

@vicTor nothing wrong with using pre-wound coils you still save a shed load of money compared to stock coils while also getting better flavour. I have loads of different wire but because i review that many tanks and need constant fresh builds i find myself using pre-wound coils more and more.

@Timwis are you really in in the UK ?

Did you guys manage to resolve the Geekvape Ammit Dual Coil RTA leaking issues?

I had the same issue initially and did the following two things which seems to resolve it:

1. If you install the top fill section with the kidney holes, you need to put an o-ring on the top cap else you don't get a vacuum inside the tank. Notice that the top cap and top fill section are not sealed with an o-ring.
  2. Close off the juiceflow control before screwing the top cap off to fill, then screw off the top cap, fill the tank, close the top cap and open the juiceflow control again to retain the vacuum throughout.
I'll post an update here later once I've done a few fills to be sure.

I've been vaping on the Ammit since this morning when I posted this and it hasn't leaked a single drop after I put in the o-ring into the top cap. I filled it several times throughout the day. Success!

I had the same issue initially and did the following two things which seems to resolve it:

1. If you install the top fill section with the kidney holes, you need to put an o-ring on the top cap else you don't get a vacuum inside the tank. Notice that the top cap and top fill section are not sealed with an o-ring.
  2. Close off the juiceflow control before screwing the top cap off to fill, then screw off the top cap, fill the tank, close the top cap and open the juiceflow control again to retain the vacuum throughout.
Yeah, I've tried the o-ring and it causes juice to ooze out between the top cap and the filling ring as I close the top cap... The only way to stop this from happening is to under fill the tank, which I'm not too keen on as it means i get a few less drags before having to refil LOL.

This has solved my issue - thank you very much!

This is the response I would've typed earlier had I not been replying on my mobile device. Agree completely. If you want to know if condensation is indeed the issue puff for a second or two longer after you release the fire button to inhale any excess vapour produced by residual heat. Do this for half a day religiously. If it is a condensation issue you should notice a marked improvement. I also sometimes blow on the atty just to get rid of any excess vapour. Does the trick for me.

This is definitely a vacuum issue in the tanks have exactly the same problem on my ammit 25,close the flow slots and air slots when filling and turn it upside down before opening slots again, this will reduce spitting too.

Attachments

• 1514732996460630914347.jpg
    1514732996460630914347.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 15
Hey Guys,

Anyone experiencing leaking issues from the bottom of the tank, not the airholes. I noticed it started a few days after i got it it was fine in the beginning first build. I rewicked it a dozen times different techniques, the flavor is great. No dry hits. Clear of airholes, wicking not crammed in the juice hole.

I had a few people help me already try rebuild it, tried 5 wraps claptop, and 7 and 8 wraps.

its not condensation because it looks more like a pool collecting at the base. Insulator seems fine also checked that.

Thanks
AMMIT25 tanks are very temperamental but there's no comparison when it comes to flavour and clouds!

Attachments

• DSC_0001_1514523258565.JPG
    DSC_0001_1514523258565.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 14
i have 3 of them very minimal leaking
all in the way u wig it.
i need more so who can sell me their old ones

i did not have leaking but more of a sweat from above the airflow ring.
i followed the video and sorted out the problem. it appears that some of the decks were not screwed un all the way mine tightened up almost 3/4 of a revolution.

this is how i wig mine inner 2.5mm coil 0.24ohm hope it helps
20180101_153821.jpg 20180101_155331.jpg 20180101_161141.jpg 20180101_161401.jpg 20180101_161744.jpg

Attachments

• 20180101_153947.jpg
    20180101_153947.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180101_161408.jpg
    20180101_161408.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 11
Back