App to build coils

outlaw_cloud

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi I was looking for a app to help with coil building but every app I download doesn't have Clapton in the selection was looking for something similar to Vape tool on android but can't find anything....any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I was looking for a app to help with coil building but every app I download doesn't have Clapton in the selection was looking for something similar to Vape tool on android but can't find anything....any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don't need an app specific for clapton wire. You just select the internal wire - the outer wrap has no effect on the resistance. So if your clapton is 26/32 you just use 26ga as your wire.

You don't need an app specific for clapton wire. You just select the internal wire - the outer wrap has no effect on the resistance. So if your clapton is 26/32 you just use 26ga as your wire.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not disagreeing by asking this question.

Please explain this to me, as someone who's new to vaping and electronics, I would expect the current to pass through the outer wrap effecting resistance?

Thank you.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not disagreeing by asking this question.

Please explain this to me, as someone who's new to vaping and electronics, I would expect the current to pass through the outer wrap effecting resistance?

Thank you.
Electricity follows the path of the least resistance. Because the outer wrap is so much wire, the resistance will be high - the electricity will pass through the core wire as the resistance is lower.

Some more info...
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/402qr5/the_theory_behind_clapton_coils/

Last edited:
Back