Apple you embarrassing yourself

Gizmo

Catalyst
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Since Steve Jobs died, there no doubt Apple has declined in every way.

Interesting bunch of videos @Gizmo

I'm personally a Samsung fan when it comes to smart phones and tablets :D

Apple does tablets amazingly well. But to be frank their phones are always a generation behind on every aspect.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Apple does tablets amazingly well. But to be frank their phones are always a generation behind on every aspect.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
My biggest gripe with all things apple is the UI

I know it's supposedly user friendly and simplistic. But I hate it. Lol

I like complicated things that I can fiddle with :p

Lol, This guy usually only gets a couple of thousand views per video. This "Bendgate" video is currently already over 8Million...in one day!

Best comments so far "Introducing the new iPhone Curve".

You know, for a 16-19K phone you expect them to use something like Magnesium instead of Aluminium.

Here's the latest follow up for the regular iPhone 6 and other phones:

Apple no doubt started out with innovation and was the best on the market. Well in mobile devices. As far as laptops and notebooks go Mac OS still is far superior to other operating systems. But I agree. Since the passing of Steve jobs apple lack the ability to be creative. They have been putting the same mobile device out with jst a different cover. The reason for their price being that they have a select target market.... Well that target market is on the decline. Excluding those super heavy apple or nothing clients. The highest issue I have with Apple devices is that they lock it all down. You can't fiddle with the OS or reload ur own version firmware. Without iTunes the handset becomes a glorified door stopper.

To each his own right. But apple mobile device users should take a serious look at what's changes from iPhone 3 to the most recent. No doubt they are still where they were way back when.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

cfewl.png

Apple is still the only smartphone maker that's sales is NOT in decline. There is a very good reason for this.

They don't just rush crap and release in into the market and use the public as their guinea pigs. Think Samsung Gear, after the release, 4 months later, Gear 2, lol.

Then theres Android, open operating system, which has its pro's and cons. But really, freezing, crashing, must install antivirus, etc is not my cup of tea.

To me, a comparison between an Apple device and a Samsung is like comparing an authentic mod to a clone :D

Don't hate, just my opinion :p

Apple is still the only smartphone maker that's sales is NOT in decline. There is a very good reason for this.

They don't just rush crap and release in into the market and use the public as their guinea pigs. Think Samsung Gear, after the release, 4 months later, Gear 2, lol.

Then theres Android, open operating system, which has its pro's and cons. But really, freezing, crashing, must install antivirus, etc is not my cup of tea.

To me, a comparison between an Apple device and a Samsung is like comparing an authentic mod to a clone :D

Don't hate, just my opinion :p

I am huge apple fan but seriously that iphone 6 is k*ap! Hmm imagine if one of your mod clones could bend like that :-D

I am huge apple fan but seriously that iphone 6 is k*ap! Hmm imagine if one of your mod clones could bend like that :-D
That bending the phone is just silly imo, they did the same thing with the iphone 5 and 5s, and in reality, no ones phones bent, lol.

That bending the phone is just silly imo, they did the same thing with the iphone 5 and 5s, and in reality, no ones phones bent, lol.

Actually i can see it bending. I noticed that when i got my ipad air they were using weaker lighter material compared to my ipad 4 which is build solid! The iphone 5s which i have is made from a better material than the air!

There is no doubt its going to bend based on that video.

Haters gonna hate.

In my 5 year experience with owning iphone, not a single regret. Apple know how to make good stuff that just always works well.

If you want flashy lights and a ton of useless features, look no further than Samsung, the fasttech of cellular.

Sent from my Reo

Haters gonna hate.

In my 5 year experience with owning iphone, not a single regret. Apple know how to make good stuff that just always works well.

If you want flashy lights and a ton of useless features, look no further than Samsung, the fasttech of cellular.

Sent from my Reo

All my Apple products have never so much as given me 5 seconds of anything remotely "crashing".

I won't look at another phone or pad. And if I could help it - Pc.

They work... WELL!

Sent via a NASA satellite which gathers my thoughts and relays them to the world
X

Well compared with the HTC's, the BlacBerry's and the Nockia's I've had, non of them came close to the iPhone's I've had. Even my friend and her mothers brand new Samsungs are giving then problems with there aps and operating sistems. And here I am with no problems at all. Just happily using my phone with no complaints. Thats enough to convince me.

Well compared with the HTC's, the BlacBerry's and the Nockia's I've had, non of them came close to the iPhone's I've had. Even my friend and her mothers brand new Samsungs are giving then problems with there aps and operating sistems. And here I am with no problems at all. Just happily using my phone with no complaints. Thats enough to convince me.

Blackberry is useless. Between me and my wife, we've had 4 broken within a year. Rubbish!

Sent via a NASA satellite which gathers my thoughts and relays them to the world
X

I enjoy reading this thread. Hardware wise, both Apple & Samsung pay each other mega royalties on various patents that are implemented in their respective (hardware) designs. On the software side, Apple OS as well as Android are forks out of the Linux base kernel. If you want something that just work, buy an Apple iPhone, and if you like to fine tune (and know how to), buy an Android phone, but thats just my opinion.

@johan that's my exact opinion as well.

I'm waiting very eagerly on the Z3 compact. Going to change the game!!!

I was a loyal iphone Fan boy through the iphone 3g, 4 and 5 but got tired of having to jailbreak it to do the things I wanted. Above this it was becoming that each model felt almost the same as the last.

I will agree that android does give a bit of bugs now and again but if one pracitises regular maintenance on your files and system I've found that there has been little problems that I have experienced.. But then again I wont easily take another andriod outside of the samsung range.

Looking the iphone 6 though I can not see how anyone would buy it having watched the above video, plus with samsungs new warranties (offering water damage and screen replacements) it's becoming harder and harder to ignore them.

It's mostly for these reasons I switched to the Note 3 and have not looked back once since!

Shamelessly copied from another site so others can share the rage

But Chris Green, principal technology analyst at the advisory service Davies Murphy Group, thought that Apple should take a different tack.

"This is not an issue that Apple - or other phone companies - need to be compelled to respond to or fix. If anything this is a reflection of how people have started to use devices beyond what they were designed for," he said.

"Even the most recent smartphones are not designed to be put in trouser pockets - front or back - where they are going to be under the most chassis strain. And this just illustrates the fact that the public's desire for manufacturers to strive for ever thinner and lighter devices means that we are getting ever more fragile devices.

"Just casually sticking a £700 smartphone in your pocket is an increasingly reckless thing to do."

Samsungs are in fact designed and tested to be put in back pockets. Not that I'm a fan though. And phones are too thin anyway. Bring back 9mm flagships that have more space for bigger batteries and to stay cool and !!!

Steve jobs was a genius and is death is been showing on how the company keep working , but as well what a lot of people forget is that it became from a company started in a garage with 50 machines to a multi billion dollar and change lifes of a lot of other people. Thats a bit of pressure indeed.
Samsung or apple . Who care . Use what you prefer ( myself apple ) , at the end a lot of people that moan about function etc like nfc will never use it and keep just playing candy crush . A lot of time is just a status and not a real need , samsung fanboys will diss apple and viceversa.just my 2 cents

Back