Archery

Oooh, An archery sub-topic

Currently shooting a Prime One, Used to do a whole lot of shooting @ The Italian Club in CPT.
Pity I cant find a nice indoor club near me in PTA now :(

Oooh, An archery sub-topic

Currently shooting a Prime One, Used to do a whole lot of shooting @ The Italian Club in CPT.
Pity I cant find a nice indoor club near me in PTA now :(
Target archer i assume?

Thankfully my dad had built a butt in our back yard so we get a good 40 meters to shoot. Usually shooting daily until i messed up my shoulder on a new bow. Hopefully I'll be back at it in the next 2 weeks

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Target archer i assume?

Thankfully my dad had built a butt in our back yard so we get a good 40 meters to shoot. Usually shooting daily until i messed up my shoulder on a new bow. Hopefully I'll be back at it in the next 2 weeks

Yup, Glorified Paper Puncher :p Prefer to Shoot 18 Meter indoor.

Nice, I really wish I had access to that type of Space. Currently Blank Bailing in my garage, 6 Meters FTW !

Hope the shoulder comes right,
I buggered mine about a year ago and couldn't even get through 30 Arrows without shriveling up in pain

Yup, Glorified Paper Puncher Prefer to Shoot 18 Meter indoor.

Nice, I really wish I had access to that type of Space. Currently Blank Bailing in my garage, 6 Meters FTW !

Hope the shoulder comes right,
I buggered mine about a year ago and couldn't even get through 30 Arrows without shriveling up in pain
Lmao
I'm actually quite interested in getting into target archery but it's so damn expensive. Well not that hunting compounds are very cheap either

Thanks man. I just got back into shooting my bows regularly a couple of months back after about a year and this happens. Can't wait to pick up my bow again yet I'm dreading that pain

Lmao
I'm actually quite interested in getting into target archery but it's so damn expensive. Well not that hunting compounds are very cheap either

Thanks man. I just got back into shooting my bows regularly a couple of months back after about a year and this happens. Can't wait to pick up my bow again yet I'm dreading that pain

Agreed, I shudder to think what my bow would set me back now :confused:

Best advice I have for sorting a shoulder out, Listen to the Physio :p and for the First Week, Put some KT Strapping on your shoulder. It helps with the muscle recovery.

Agreed, I shudder to think what my bow would set me back now :confused:

Best advice I have for sorting a shoulder out, Listen to the Physio and for the First Week, Put some KT Strapping on your shoulder. It helps with the muscle recovery.
Yeah that's my only option tbh. They know best so might as well do as they say

Wow, it's been ages since I drew a bow, probably 15 years. I have a few recurves packed away somewhere, been itching to have them restrung but don't have a place to shoot safely :(
Woohoo an archery thread! @BumbleBee if they are traditional wooden bows and you're within spitting distance of the east rand I can help with strings. I actually make the trad bows. Used to shoot compound but got bored with that and wanted a challange

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Tapatalk

Woohoo an archery thread! @BumbleBee if they are traditional wooden bows and you're within spitting distance of the east rand I can help with strings. I actually make the trad bows. Used to shoot compound but got bored with that and wanted a challange

They're not traditional @CaveTroll, they're Samick Recurve bows, wooden risers with fibreglass limbs. I don't recall the draw weight on them but managed over 300fps with aluminium arrows.

Thanks for the offer but I'm a bit more than a spit away from you :)

I'd love to see those bows of yours though, how about posting a few pics?

They're not traditional @CaveTroll, they're Samick Recurve bows, wooden risers with fibreglass limbs. I don't recall the draw weight on them but managed over 300fps with aluminium arrows.

Thanks for the offer but I'm a bit more than a spit away from you :)

I'd love to see those bows of yours though, how about posting a few pics?
Oddly some of the fiberglass based recurves count as traditional. Bot of an odd one that but there you go.

With pleasure squire. My signature bow is the Holmegaard, an ancient viking design that's absolutely brilliant.

8960968126d3b011bc81482646ce9d70.jpg
c613faef979310abfedd67f1bd805f36.jpg
05733c040542f1803f0aeb0b887f9fcd.jpg
66277dce022a84a7ee7d621aeaadffad.jpg

Oddly some of the fiberglass based recurves count as traditional. Bot of an odd one that but there you go.

With pleasure squire. My signature bow is the Holmegaard, an ancient viking design that's absolutely brilliant.

8960968126d3b011bc81482646ce9d70.jpg
c613faef979310abfedd67f1bd805f36.jpg
05733c040542f1803f0aeb0b887f9fcd.jpg
66277dce022a84a7ee7d621aeaadffad.jpg

Oh my those are amazing! :eek:

My fingers are itching again, and that Viking bow is speaking to me, there's a bit of family history there ;)

Oh my those are amazing! :eek:

My fingers are itching again, and that Viking bow is speaking to me, there's a bit of family history there ;)
Heh heh thank you squire. Well if you're ever this side gimme a shout

Heh heh thank you squire. Well if you're ever this side gimme a shout

Absolutely! There's always Vapecon, maybe we can convince @Silver to let you set up an outdoor range for us :nerd:

Absolutely! There's always Vapecon, maybe we can convince @Silver to let you set up an outdoor range for us :nerd:
I do.events like medieval fairs and geekfest. For the last five years actually so if he's keen heh heh

Ohmysoul. An outdoor range at vapecon. Let's make it happen! I'm so excited. I'm definitely coming and I'm bringing my bows. Maybe qe can have a chill at one of the local bowshops. Although i shoot compound, i do love trad. I mean who doesn't. You have to acknowledge and admire the root of our beautiful sport, art if you may

Ohmysoul. An outdoor range at vapecon. Let's make it happen! I'm so excited. I'm definitely coming and I'm bringing my bows. Maybe qe can have a chill at one of the local bowshops. Although i shoot compound, i do love trad. I mean who doesn't. You have to acknowledge and admire the root of our beautiful sport, art if you may

I'd be happy to set one up if @Silver likes the idea and there's a safe enough spot to set up

Not to seem flippant about something you guys are so passionate about... But how about combining it with the vape trick comp? Shoot arrows through the vape rings. Go jelly fish hunting.

OK, I'll be backing out of the room slowly now. As you you were peeps.

Not to seem flippant about something you guys are so passionate about... But how about combining it with the vape trick comp? Shoot arrows through the vape rings. Go jelly fish hunting.

Hmmmm sounds doable if someone is insane enough to try it with me :p

Unfortunately we'd end up with a good few dead vapers

Nah, only mildly wounded :-!

Idk about your bows but i know mine aren't so mild once that arrow gets momentum

heh heh depends on which poundage bow I use. Or if it's a fire arrow. My 80 pound holmegaard might be a bit fierce

heh heh depends on which poundage bow I use. Or if it's a fire arrow. My 80 pound holmegaard might be a bit fierce

Now we're talking.
Man i salute the f@#$ out of you for being able to shoot 80lb trad. I usually can handle that weight but when my new bow arrived, turned all the way up, it obliterated my shoulder. So now I'm working my way up from 60 again.

Now we're talking.
Man i salute the f@#$ out of you for being able to shoot 80lb trad. I usually can handle that weight but when my new bow arrived, turned all the way up, it obliterated my shoulder. So now I'm working my way up from 60 again.

I made myself a 160 pound English warbow last year actually. Took a few shots with it before my back surgery and its sitting there now as motivation to get stronger again. Thanks indeed mate!

Back