asMODus .Blank RDA 24MM Top Air Flow

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the .Blank 24mm RDA from Asmodus. The Point Blank RDA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Saly from Asmodus.

https://www.asmodus.com/products/asmodus-blank-rda

Introduction

Asmodus, who brought us the minikin are an affordable high end American Manufacturer. The .Blank (Point Blank) RDA is a single coil 24mm RDA which features a deck design very similar to the Bunker and C4 RDA's with large wall like chamber reducing posts each side condensing the vapor to encourage flavour. The Point Blank possibly influenced by some cracking top to bottom airflow RTA's over the last 12 months or so feature's top-airflow inlets that feed side airflow outlets on the posts making the Point Blank leak resistant and an obvious choice for squonking enthusiasts. The 24mm deck has been designed to allow for an easy single coil build with the capability of accommodating a large coil if you wish. Coming in 4 different colour versions, let's give the Point Blank a good look!

In The Box

Contents:

1x Asmodus .Blank 24mm BF RDA
1x BF squonker 510 pin (pre-installed)
1x Standard 510 pin
2x Oni 0.2Ω triple fused Clapton coils
2x Allen key
1x Spare parts bag
1x User manual

Aesthetics

The Point Blank RDA came in unique to Asmodus can style packaging with viewing lid with product clearly labelled and the Asmodus logo, very nice packaging! I received the Stainless Steel version, it's also available in Black, Rainbow and Gold, some rather nice colour options available and all come fitted with a Black delrin 810 drip tip. The top of the sleeve tapers towards the drip tip and has 6 evenly spaced notches cutout for aesthetic effect, underneath on the sleeve we have 6 evenly spaced air inlets for adjustable airflow. Front and Back on the sleeve we have the Asmodus logo carved cleanly into the metal. Moving to the base we have printed branding and safety marks, we have a screw for the negative post with the 510 pin holding the positive post in place, the 510 protrudes and is hybrid safe. The build quality is very good with excellent machining and thick metal used throughout giving this very short RDA a bit of weight.

Point Blank RDA Specs and Features:

Diameter: 24mm
Compatible with single coil builds
Leak resistant
Adjustable sextuple top airflow slot design
Turbulence reducing airflow slots
High quality stainless steel construction
Chamber reducing hollow wall style posts
Low profile ceiling
Deep juice well
Leads tightened with hex grub screws
PEEK insulator and airflow disc
Tapered 810 wide bore Delrin drip tip
Stainless Steel plated standard pin and BF pin
510 threading connection
Colours: Stainless Steel, Black, Rainbow, Gold

It's Various Parts

Up top we start with a delrin drip tip which has an o-ring fitted so goon style 810's will not fit which is a con but as more and more atty's are being released with this style of 810 fitting not quite the con it once was. The drip tip has a wide bore and no 510 adaptor is supplied which i would of liked to of seen with it being a single coil RDA. The Sleeve is one piece with an insulator ring for airflow adjustment fitted in the top giving it a double ceiling. The sleeve fits over two 0-rings on the deck and there is 2 notches cut out and protruding notches on the base section to lock the sleeve in place and also act as stoppers. Finally we have the base section with deck which although in states everywhere i have looked that it comes pre-installed with the BF pin the one i received actually came with the standard pin pre-installed, the BF pin was included. You also receive 2 Oni Coils which are triple fused claptons 0.2ohm 26Gx3 + 1 38G but no material given.

The Airflow

The airflow on the Point Blank is very cleverly done giving a leak resistant top airflow design which we have seen on RDA's in the past but i have never seen it as well executed as on the Point Blank. Inside the sleeve we have a ring installed (made from insulator material) which acts as a second ceiling, on the top side of this which can't be seen their are 6 protruding sections so when the sleeve is turned adjusts the airflow working in conjunction with 6 evenly spaced airflow inlets on the top of the sleeve. There is a manufacturers photo i included in the various parts section which shows this ring removed from the sleeve, i did try and remove it on mine but without success and didn't want to force it. Looking inside the sleeve at the underside of the airflow ring we can see 2 kidney shaped cutouts which allow the air from the inlets to escape, the same shaped openings are also on the top of the posts which line up so the air comes through the 6 inlets, through the kidney shaped cutouts into the hollow sections of the posts and out the slots aimed at the sides of the coils. Also looking at the ring next to each cutout there is a triangular notch and on each post a protruding triangular section that fits into this notch so as you turn the sleeve to adjust airflow it stays lined up with the posts.

The Deck and Build

The deck has wall like posts either side of the deck reducing the chamber and also acting as a good guide for coil placement, each post is mainly occupied with the airflow outlets with the terminal of each post being to one end. Your coil legs just slide in from the side and are tightened down from above, rather than a lip to stop your coil legs popping out while fastening down the opening is angled downwards which works the same. The build is so easy as there is so much space and a large exotic coil can easily be fitted. The included coils (you get 2) look to have a 3.0ID diameter and are triple fused claptons 26gax3 +38ga 0.2ohms but no mention of the material used. The coils are Oni coils which do look a bit sketchy when looking through a magnifying glass but i have always actually found they perform much better than they look so used both of them as i did a build with the standard pin installed (pictured) and also tried the Point Blank with the BF pin. Once you have your coil fitted just trim your legs and use a coiling rod or something similar to get your coil in the position you want it. I lifted the coil slightly to get not just side airflow but also bottom. Wicking is a doddle, you can leave your cotton ends quite long and no need to thin them out, just stuff them down into the spacious juice well.

Using The Point Blank RDA

I used the Point Blank with the pre-installed standard pin and my build came out at 0.19ohm, i did a second build after swapping for the BF pin which came out at 0.21. For those that believe you can't get very good flavour from a top airflow RDA have really got to try the Point Blank as i found it to be a flavour banger. The airflow was surprisingly restrictive, i would normally have an RDA with airflow half open for the restriction i like but with the Point Blank i needed it closed down just a quarter so three quarters open. The airflow is quite loud and does have slight turbulence but the flavour for me was a good enough trade off. The Point Blank excelled with the BF pin, obviously i didn't squonk so juice came out the drip tip but i did squonk Zealously to see how leak resistant the RDA is and i just couldn't get it to leak, the Point Blank is the most leak resistant RDA i have used. I was also impressed with the build quality and how easy it is to install a coil and wick, if you like larger exotic coils the deck is spacious enough to allow for a large coil to be installed, it's an excellent RDA.

Impressive build quality
Well executed top to side/bottom airflow system
Top airflow inlets
Very easy build
Will allow for the installation of large coil
Standard and BF pins included
Included coils
Very good flavour
Excelled in squonk mode
Leak resistant (best design i have come across)
Nicely packaged

Cons

No 510 drip adaptor
Quite loud
Airflow slightly turbulent
Goon style drip tips will not fit

I would once again like to thank Saly from Asmodus for supplying the .Blank (Point Blank) 24mm RDA for the purpose of this review.

https://www.asmodus.com/products/asmodus-blank-rda

Plus I’m just a sucker for an Asmodus product. Been a fan for many many years and this looks really awesome.

Thanks for the review, I think I’ll definitely grab one if one of our vendors bring them to SA.

Plus that juice well looks nice and deep to use as a dripper, I don’t squonk so that’s a winner!!

Plus that juice well looks nice and deep to use as a dripper, I don’t squonk so that’s a winner!!
same applies if dripping, you would need to drip so the liquid was coming up the inside of the drip tip before it's coming out the air inlets, great design!

same applies if dripping, you would need to drip so the liquid was coming up the inside of the drip tip before it's coming out the air inlets, great design!
It looks like a winner of a design and I have a nasty habit of over dripping so this looks perfect for me.

Hope they arrive here soon!!

Plus I’m just a sucker for an Asmodus product. Been a fan for many many years and this looks really awesome.

Thanks for the review, I think I’ll definitely grab one if one of our vendors bring them to SA.

go guinea pig go !

I'm also eyeing it, but will see how you enjoy it first :D

Back