Asmodus Bunker BF RDA

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Bunker BF RDA from Asmodus. The Bunker BF RDA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Saly from Asmodus.

https://www.asmodus.com/collections/atom...a-atomizer

Introduction

Asmodus, who brought us the minikin are an affordable high end American Manufacturer. The Bunker BF RDA is a single coil RDA which features a deck which allows for the fitting of large coils and post design that makes it super easy to build on. The Bunker also features viewing windows which work very well when using in BF mode letting you see when you need to squonk and stopping you being over zealous. The Bunker has bottom to side airflow and gives a ton of air while it's very low height and narrow bore (related to a 810) still gives it encouragement to produce good flavour (very surprised just how good). Finally the locking top-cap moves on a short track to allow full airflow adjustability, so let's give it a look!

In The Box

Contents:

1x Bunker Squonk RDA
2x Hex Tool; 1 for building purposes, 1 for 510 conversion
1x Extra glass replacement
1x Regular 510 pin
1x Spare parts pack
1x User Manual

Aesthetics

The Bunker BF RDA came in unique can style packaging with viewing lid with product clearly labelled and the Asmodus logo, very nice packaging! I received the Gold version, it's also available in Blue, Black, Purple, Rainbow, Rose Golden and Stainless Steel, some rather nice colour options available and all come fitted with a Black delrin 810 drip tip. The top cap is a narrow section that tapers in and has some machined knurling for grip. The dual cyclops airflow inlets are on the sleeve which also has the Asmodus logo carved into the metal front and back. The sides of the sleeve has large cutouts that reveals glass viewing windows which gives the Bunker in my view an Aesthetic edge over plain looking RDA's and finally you can see the sleeve is sitting on a shelf belonging to the base. The base has printed branding and safety marks, it comes pre-installed with a Gold plated BF pin which barely protrudes and as the official name of the RDA is the Bunker BF RDA i have no issues with the BF pin being pre-installed. The build quality is very good with thick metal used throughout giving this very short RDA a bit of weight.

Bunker Specs and Features:

24.5mm Diameter
High grade stainless steel build
Glass window to view build and cotton
Flavor boosting delrin drip tip
Locking outer barrel
Notches assists on removal RDA
24k Plated grub screws
Glass window protection
Adjustable bottom airflow
Regular pin and BF pin included
Thread: 510
Colours: Black, Blue, Gold, Purple, Rainbow, Rose Golden, Stainless Steel

It's Various Parts

Up top we start with a delrin drip tip which has o-rings fitted so goon style 810's will not fit which is a con but as more and more atty's are being released with this style of 810 fitting not quite the con it once was. The drip tip has a wide bore at the mouth opening but tapers in quite sharply to give quite a narrow bore where it fits to the RDA. The top cap is a very narrow section which only real function is removing it allows you to pop the glass out for cleaning or swapping for the included spare. As mentioned you get a spare glass but the thickness of the metal gives the glass very good protection so you would be unlucky to break it. The sleeve fits over 2 0-rings on the deck and there is 2 notches that fit into tracks, these notches need lining up with the tracks for the sleeve to properly fit all the way down. The fit is tight especially to the top o-ring so you do need to keep the o-rings lubricated else the airflow slot rubbing against mainly the top one will start chewing it up. Finally we have the base section with deck which as mentioned comes installed with the BF pin but a standard pin is included.

The Airflow

The sleeve has dual cyclops slots for adjusting airflow and when fitting the sleeve their are 2 notches that sit on tracks on the base's shelf that the sleeve sits on. These tracks allow just enough travel for airflow adjustment but then also act as stoppers. The airflow inlets are very low down and line up with the slots on the outside of the base, the air then travels up the hollows in the posts at a steep angle and out aimed at the sides of the coils. The posts are quite high above the floor of the base and the airflow outlets are side rather than bottom airflow so as long as you are not over Zealous with your squonking (you have the viewing windows so should be able to judge) leaking will not be a problem but because the angle from airflow outlets down to the airflow inlets is a steep one if liquid does go into the outlets then it will go straight through the slots and onto your device. The airflow outlets on the posts do not line up with each other perfectly so the airflow will slightly cut across the coils somewhat but how this affects coverage and flavour can't really be told until a build is done and it's vaped.

The Deck and Build

The deck is coloured Gold with the positive post being Gold plated, each post is mainly occupied with the airflow outlets with the terminal of each post being to one end. The posts are also ramped upwards being lower the opposite ends to the terminals and higher where we slide the coil legs in. Your coil legs just slide in from the side and are tightened down from above, rather than a lip to stop your coil legs popping out while fastening down instead the opening is angled downwards which works the same. The build is so easy as there is so much space and a large exotic coil can easily be fitted. The included coils (you get 2) look to have a 3.0ID diameter and are triple fused claptons 26gax3 +38ga 0.2ohms but no mention of the material used. The coils are Oni coils which do look a bit sketchy when looking through a magnifying glass but i have always actually found they perform much better than they look so used one of them. Once you have your coil fitted just trim your legs and use a coiling rod or something similar to get your coil in the position you want it. Wicking is a doddle, you can leave your cotton ends quite long and no need to thin them out, just stuff them down into the spacious juice well.

Glass Viewing Windows

If you over squonk as mentioned e-liquid will be coming out the airflow slots so use the viewing windows to see how saturated the cotton is. Before using the RDA if you are a DIYer just put a bit of VG on your finger and rub over the inside of the glass, if you have no VG just use a bit of e-liquid this will stop the viewing windows fogging up so you can clearly see inside. While applying a bit of liquid to the inside of the glass it would be an idea to give the o-rings on the outside of the deck a good lubrication.

Using The Bunker BF RDA

I used the Bunker with the pre-installed BF pin and my build came out at 0.19ohm. The first thing i will do is mention the cons i found, the main one being how tight the sleeve fits over the o-rings on the base. Even when well lubricated it takes some pushing to get the sleeve fully on and any airflow adjustments are going to over quite a short time wear away the top o-ring (any solutions will be much appreciated). Any over zealous squonking is going to see e-liquid pissing (pardon the French) out of the airflow slots but with the inclusion of the viewing windows as long as you apply some VG then this would be user error. The only other con i have for the bunker is it's an 810 with o-rings although this is becoming a petty con as just as many atty's are coming with this style. The bunker has more air than any other single coil RDA i have used, i had it half open and that was still less restriction than i normally go for but the bunker really isn't suited for a very restricted draw. The deck allows for big exotic coils if that's your thing and is more a high wattage single coil RDA allowing for clouds in abundance. Despite this i was surprised with such a lot of airflow, spacious deck and the chamber not being reduced that the Bunker also gave great flavour, yes it's very short and the bore of the drip tip is quite narrow where it meets the top-cap but i am scratching my head trying to figure just where this flavour is coming from because the design say's to me cloud chucker. The Bunker isn't a loud RDA but it does give a bit of noise but this doesn't seem to be turbulence as i found it to be a smooth draw.

Very good build quality
Aesthetically unique
7 colour options
Viewing windows
Spare glass
Very good flavour
Loads of cloud
Lot's of airflow
Smooth draw
Very easy build
Allows for the fitting of a large coil
Spacious deck
Gold plated 510 pins, grub screws and positive post
Sleeve locks onto airflow adjustment track
Standard pin also included
2 Coils included

Cons

Sleeve very tight fitting over o-rings
If any e-liquid gets to airflow outlets on deck the liquid will come straight out the airflow slots (use viewing windows)
810 with o-rings (petty in my opinion)
Not a con for me but some people will not like viewing windows on an RDA

I would once again like to thank Saly from Asmodus for supplying the Bunker BF RDA for the purpose of this review.

https://www.asmodus.com/collections/atom...a-atomizer

Back