Aspire Mini Nautilus Leaking/Flooding

LFC

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Looking for some advice to prevent e-liquid buildup in my aMN.

Running the standard 1.8Ω BVC on an Eleaf iStick.

Feels like i am inhaling juice with some pulls, if that makes sense, every now and then i clean the tip and top hardware and it has traces of juice on it, sometimes quite alot.

So far i have used Vape King juices VK4/Berry Blaze (50/50) 12mg and Twisp juices 18mg with similar results.

What am I doing wrong? Would suck if is this something I have to live with ;(

Thanks

Feels like i am inhaling juice with some pulls, if that makes sense, every now and then i clean the tip and top hardware and it has traces of juice on it, sometimes quite alot.

So far i have used Vape King juices VK4/Berry Blaze (50/50) 12mg and Twisp juices 18mg with similar results.

Thanks
Hi,

From my experience with the Mini is every day if im using anything that is not high in vg you need to take off the drip tip and clean off the excess juice it gathers under there.

Remove the coil from the base, cover it with tissue paper and blow into the top of the coil. This will remove excess juice from the coil. Also try to use higher VG base juices as mentioned above.

Dubz said:
Remove the coil from the base, cover it with tissue paper and blow into the top of the coil. This will remove excess juice from the coil. Also try to use higher VG base juices as mentioned above.
Tx will try this. Any idea what ratio Twisp juices are? They seem thicker than most.

paulph201 said:
What i can tell you is that this happens with 90% of the clearomisers out there so dont fret
Tx bud

Hi guys,

Since iv gotten into dripping iv been looking for sony vtc 4/5 or similar, I like to build coils and cloud chase and cant do that with E-fest. I need to build in the 0.05 area. Who has or where can i order from to get batteries capable??

Thanks

Thanks

Mine does the exact same thing @LFC

I just pull it apart and give it a nice clean in hot water, put it back together and vape on.

and dont worry, like @paulph201 said, it happens to 90% of clearo's out there.

Oliver Barry said:
Mine does the exact same thing @LFC

I just pull it apart and give it a nice clean in hot water, put it back together and vape on.

and dont worry, like @paulph201 said, it happens to 90% of clearo's out there.
Thanks for confirming, glad its not a user problem :--), will have to adapt, I just love the flavour from this tank

Thanks for confirming, glad its not a user problem :--), will have to adapt, I just love the flavour from this tank

The best on the market bro, enjoy it!!!

This also helps a little - keep inhaling (bout half a second) after you release the fire button. This just makes sure you have inhaled all the vapour leaving none (or far less) to condensate in the drip tip.

This also helps a little - keep inhaling (bout half a second) after you release the fire button. This just makes sure you have inhaled all the vapour leaving none (or far less) to condensate in the drip tip.
i.e. suck it dry o_O

Yip can confirm mine does it to, so does my Kangertech protank 2 and 3 and just about every other clearo I have tried in the past. I don't think its as much leaking as steam buildup on the inside of the chimney.

4.3 to 4.8v
I run mine in wattage mode between 7 & 9 watts with the same 1.8ohm coils without any issues. I guess this is personal though and depends on the juice you're using. I had one of my recent converts come and see me the other day, she had 6mg skyblue frostbite in the mini set at 15W, made my eyes water :confused:

So I guess the key is to play with it, change the power and airflow settings from time to time and vape it for a while, learn how these settings change the vape and how it effects the coil, flavour and cloud production. Find your own comfort zone. ;)

Eek! :eek:

Frostbite kicks like a mule, I wouldn't even want to be in the same room as that setup ;)
I know right, I was chugging away at some 18mg 'nilla custard on a mech powered 0.5 ohm para coil when she came in, had to hold my pose when I tried that frostbite.... some folks are hardcore man, and she's only been vaping for about a month o_O

@LFC i forgot to mention, when you're inhaling try not to pull too hard, that causes more juice to be pulled into the coil. When you draw try to pull only hard enough to let the vapour flow into your airways, if you find it too tight try the next biggest airflow option.

Good trick I learnt from a @TangoCharlie, you turn your whole device upside down and fire it, the vapour, heat and gravity force all the gurgly liquid to the tip of your driptip, you can then shake it out, or dab it with some papertowels - then vape gurgle free again

Hi LFC
In the early stages of my vaping journey I almost exclusively used the Nautilus tanks for everyday vaping. I became so frustrated with the type of thing you have explained that I nearly went back to stinkies but thanks to the good guidance on this forum I was introduced to BF and RDA's. I have stripped and cleaned so many Nautilus tanks I think I could do it blind folded. Unfortunately in my experience once you start having problems with them they just snowball and the whole experience can get rather frustrating regardless if it is an authentic aspire product or a clone, the clones just seem to happen sooner.
It may or may not help but I will share what I learnt:
Use higher VG juices for the reasons mentioned above and also because higher PG juices tend to soften the rubber seals and it becomes easy to pinch the rubber when tightening. Check to see if there is no damage to the seal, if there is throw the base away, I hunted high and low for spare seals and never had any joy
Capture.JPG
Secondly after a bit of use with regular stress from loosening and tightening the tank to fill and clean the machine pressed fitting do come loose. There is no O-ring on the connection shown below and after time all the tanks I have had this does become loose and could become responsible for small amounts of juice getting into the chimney. Some may not agree but I used a very small amount of Vaseline to improve the seal on this connection and it worked for me.
Capture1.JPG
Also the very same chimney is a 2 piece press fitted chimney (god alone knows why). Fortunately this fitting does have a silicone )-ring to prevent any leaking but again with time and the constant stress from tightening and loosening this O-ring can wear. I used a very small amount of marine silicone to ensure this seal was 100%
Capture2.JPG
I hope the above helps a little. Gurgling tanks are the pits and I am sure the cause of many to give up their journey. Persevere, experiment and follow these forums as there is heaps of information and lots of experienced vapers only to happy to assist.

Good trick I learnt from a @TangoCharlie, you turn your whole device upside down and fire it, the vapour, heat and gravity force all the gurgly liquid to the tip of your driptip, you can then shake it out, or dab it with some papertowels - then vape gurgle free again

This should only be done once or twice to clear out excess liquid. If you having to do this more times you should look at a potential issue with the atomizer.

Back