Atmomixani 3d Dripper

Xhale

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Bought a clone of this from ft, so lets go guys.

Arrived in a box that was smaller than imagined, in fact, the actual dripper is somehow smaller than I imagined
The concept behind this is that you have a small chamber below the deck which acts as a juice reservoir, and when you feel your dripper flavour peter out, you push down and the reservoir refills your dripper
In operation, it works like a toilet cistern, but in reverse.

Theres loads of youtubes showing how it works (the original) so herewith my take on the clone that I received
Price: excellent
Machining: again, excellent
Orings/leaks: orings were tight to begin with, but some eliquid lube sorted that out. The push down mechanism has operated faultlessly thus far.

Build: I built a dual microcoil/cotton combo coming in at 0.8ohms, there are three posts but they arent drilled (same as original), you trap your kanthal under the post washers.

Airholes: wtf were they thinking: original and clone are the same...the airholes are adjustable...you get a choice of a few, but unfortunately the dual mode has the smallest pairing. This requires a drilling at some point, but for now it is "ok", but not a cloud monster. The potential is there

How do I use it: when driving, when I dont want to faff too much. I top full through the drip tip around 40 drops, then slowly push it down (to expel air) and when you again slowly release it, it will suck up the excess juice into the lower chamber. Do this one or twice slowly and you are set to go for a few hours "dripping"

Points of note: its a hybrid connection for the nemesis mod, the 1:1 20.4mm topcap version. Fasttech have recently listed the 510 adapters, but if you have a dome atty you can use the 510 adapter from that to create a 510 connection. For now, it lives on a nemesis happily. Check your nemesis, especially clones, for the outer diameter of the topcap threads before buying this...they should measure about 20.4mm...if you get closer to 20.8mm then this is not the device for you

Would I buy it again: original: no, at that price there are alternatives drippers.
clone: yes, its inexpensive, does what it says on the tin and is unique in what it does and how it does it

Summary: this device is mroe about convenience that caliornian vape scene clouds, but can hold its head amongst most middle range drippers. With larger airholes it'll be a cloud chaser, but because there is so much going on inside space wise, it'll always be at a disadvantage. No though-holes in the posts makes building low ohms coils with coathanger sized wire very difficult

Attachments

• IMG_20140506_110937.jpg
    IMG_20140506_110937.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 36
Thanks for this brilliant overview of your experience @Vern.

is it ok to do reviews in this style?
I got a load of stuff I can wax lyrically about

excellent review @Vern !!!

i should definitely get me one of these

is it ok to do reviews in this style?
I got a load of stuff I can wax lyrically about

I'm pretty sure nobody would object.

Bought a clone of this from ft, so lets go guys.

Arrived in a box that was smaller than imagined, in fact, the actual dripper is somehow smaller than I imagined
The concept behind this is that you have a small chamber below the deck which acts as a juice reservoir, and when you feel your dripper flavour peter out, you push down and the reservoir refills your dripper
In operation, it works like a toilet cistern, but in reverse.

Theres loads of youtubes showing how it works (the original) so herewith my take on the clone that I received
Price: excellent
Machining: again, excellent
Orings/leaks: orings were tight to begin with, but some eliquid lube sorted that out. The push down mechanism has operated faultlessly thus far.

Build: I built a dual microcoil/cotton combo coming in at 0.8ohms, there are three posts but they arent drilled (same as original), you trap your kanthal under the post washers.

Airholes: wtf were they thinking: original and clone are the same...the airholes are adjustable...you get a choice of a few, but unfortunately the dual mode has the smallest pairing. This requires a drilling at some point, but for now it is "ok", but not a cloud monster. The potential is there

How do I use it: when driving, when I dont want to faff too much. I top full through the drip tip around 40 drops, then slowly push it down (to expel air) and when you again slowly release it, it will suck up the excess juice into the lower chamber. Do this one or twice slowly and you are set to go for a few hours "dripping"

Points of note: its a hybrid connection for the nemesis mod, the 1:1 20.4mm topcap version. Fasttech have recently listed the 510 adapters, but if you have a dome atty you can use the 510 adapter from that to create a 510 connection. For now, it lives on a nemesis happily. Check your nemesis, especially clones, for the outer diameter of the topcap threads before buying this...they should measure about 20.4mm...if you get closer to 20.8mm then this is not the device for you

Would I buy it again: original: no, at that price there are alternatives drippers.
clone: yes, its inexpensive, does what it says on the tin and is unique in what it does and how it does it

Summary: this device is mroe about convenience that caliornian vape scene clouds, but can hold its head amongst most middle range drippers. With larger airholes it'll be a cloud chaser, but because there is so much going on inside space wise, it'll always be at a disadvantage. No though-holes in the posts makes building low ohms coils with coathanger sized wire very difficult
Excellent review @Vern

If you dont mind could you please post a link of the one you ordered from FT and could you post an image of how to measure the diameter.

Thanks.

it is item number 1651001 @ ~$15

I take it you are referring to the topcap measurements
647998453.jpg

297244854.jpg

it is item number 1651001 @ ~$15

I take it you are referring to the topcap measurements
647998453.jpg

297244854.jpg
Excellent, thank you so much @Vern, will do the measurements when I get home.

thanks vern, great review. just watched pbusardo's review of this and he moaned a little about the fact that when you plunge down to get more juice up, not all the excess juice goes away back into the tank. was this something he was doing wrong or is it supposed to function like that?

thanks vern, great review. just watched pbusardo's review of this and he moaned a little about the fact that when you plunge down to get more juice up, not all the excess juice goes away back into the tank. was this something he was doing wrong or is it supposed to function like that?
Its how it's designed the little feed nipple is 1mm or so higher than the top juice well base so it leaves a bit of juice behind. But really 2 good toots and the wicks will dry it out, it's not really an issue if you ask me.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

sorry @denizenx only just saw your question, as @Gazzacpt said there is a small nipple that stands a bit proud (you probably saw this in the pbusardo review), this can screw in and out, so perhaps that is just how it is affixed, or co-incidentally, it can be adjusted up (but not down, as it tightens and still stands proud)

mods: maybe remove this nipple, it doesnt serve any purpose except to keep a bit of the juice in the well once you have squished. They put it there, so they must have intended for there to be some juice left behind. It's not a puddle of juice, jsut the same as you would have in any dripper once you have dripped in 10 drops or so.

more mods: maybe shave off a tenth or so from the height of this nipple, so that even less stays behind.

in use, it works and isnt a problem at all. Pbusardo has his opinion about it however I havent found any problems in real world use.

by the way, so used to it and the flavour and the auto-drip from the last two weeks or so, I'm playing with a squape now and keep trying to push the top down to get more flavour out of it like I did on the 3d. So for now, the 3d gives me such lekker flavour that I'm trying to emulate that on the squape out of habit. It's more my build than a flaw on the squape, I'm still figuring out what it likes best.

Just picked up a 3d from vapeking . Came with the 510 adapter . Tonight it gets a clean . Tomorrow the fun starts

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Great initial post @Vern
Your style is spot on and your knowledge is super
Thanks for sharing.

image.jpg
Got mine yesterday. So far happy . And thanks to @Vern for this review . Helped me to understand the filling process

I'm not doing it the "approved" way..i just drop about 20-30 drops in from the top, and slowly squish it down (expelling any air) then slowly release (sucks the juice in)...I do this once or twice while twirling it a bit. So much less faff than how I initially thought it would be.

This dripper does look more enticing indeed. Here's a vid from VapinGreek who allegedly came up with the concept.

So I finally had time today to clean and build the 3d . I find it a really great concept . Vape for a bit then drown the wick with a quick depress of the tank . Sounds familiar . Lol . It is . It's just so much cheaper .aah it's just a bit of fun .

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Also got mine last night, doesn't wanna work in hybrid mode as my Nemi is a bit to big, so its going on my Upside Down Mod! Flavour is amazing on this thing! Awesome dripper!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I must say that i like this thing more and more ......

Back