Augvape Merlin Mini RTA

Is it posssible that I'm saturating the wick too much before filling up the tank?
Definitely, I was gonna say that too. Just use a little juice, maybe 3 drops on the coil and paint the cotton. Don't saturate it too much because as soon as you fill it up and close the top fill, it'll pour out the juice since the cotton is too saturated.

By the way, I noticed you have the airflow screw inserted. Don't you find the draw a bit tight with that coil?

Thanks for the pics @daniel craig! I'm gonna give it another try now. One more question if you don't mind me asking, do you cut of 2/3 of the wick tails like what the guys have been doing with the SM25?
Not really. I find that if I do that here, the cotton becomes too thin at the bottom which results in leaks. With this tank, the area behind the juice holes need to be covered with wicks and a too thin piece of cotton in that area will result in leaks.

@Faheem777 It seem that what you did was try to get the cotton to stick out of the juice holes rather than just block them.
fbf91c2e35d0708b83a5098fcd2371ae.jpg

The areas circled in blue show the areas that you didn't cover with cotton. What you seem to have did was tuck the cotton in and through the juice holes rather than just get them to sit behind and block the juice holes. If you refer to my pics above you'll see that I don't have the wicks sticking out of the juice holes but rather I have them just blocking it. If you look closely where you tuck the wicks at the Base, you'll see some kind of cup. This area should be covered with wicks.

Ahhh, I understand. I seen them do that in a video, where you fluff the cotton at the juice holes, so I thought let me give that a try.

Definitely, I was gonna say that too. Just use a little juice, maybe 3 drops on the coil and paint the cotton. Don't saturate it too much because as soon as you fill it up and close the top fill, it'll pour out the juice since the cotton is too saturated.

By the way, I noticed you have the airflow screw inserted. Don't you find the draw a bit tight with that coil?

I suspect I saturated the wick too much, like I went to town on it lol I'm actually after that tight draw, it's amazing! Been searching for the perfect MTL setup and if I get this leaking problem sorted I think I have a winner in this tank:b1:

Thanks for the advice bud, much appreciated!

I suspect I saturated the wick too much, like I went to town on it lol I'm actually after that tight draw, it's amazing! Been searching for the perfect MTL setup and if I get this leaking problem sorted I think I have a winner in this tank:b1:

Thanks for the advice bud, much appreciated!
I'm rewicking mine now. Will take pics step by step.

Back